Ghost tune - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #36
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjd View Post
If I can find the link I'll certainly post further information but that might be difficult on FB. Having a better understanding of exactly how the 2011+ ghost cam tune is achieved will give you further insight as to why on a SOHC platform this is unachievable as well.

Spelling errors brought to you by Autocorrect
He owned a 3v before. Believe me we all know why it is "impossible" but it really is hard to disprove a video where there is not a single piece of editing.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
He owned a 3v before. Believe me we all know why it is "impossible" but it really is hard to disprove a video where there is not a single piece of editing.
That video proves nothing and I'll explain it once I find the post later tonight.

Spelling errors brought to you by Autocorrect
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #38

Here are a few quotes from the original post on FB of the second video.

"That isn't a ghost cam tune smh.. Those are aftermarket.. Ghost cam comes from overlap. On the Coyote the intake and exhaust lobes are on separate cams.. so u can move each cams centerline independent from each other. Vct on the 3v has a 0 position at full advance or the point of most overlap. And they don't chop lol.. overlap has to be ground into the cam or he's went and installed them advanced to hell"

"U can install cams and then go ****** them and make them not chop with a 3v though.. & then name the tunes whatever u want in the programmer"

From a reputable tuner

More food for thought:

"All you guys believing this is real need to go do your damn homework and go turn some wrenches... hypothetically if this was real and he was selling it...why would anyone buy it when a set of cams are only going to cost you a couple hundred more.. I bet anyone who has actually degreed in a set of cams on this thread agrees with me...all the others still think throttle body spacers give you more power"

"as I watched it again... in his tune that he saying is stock you can still hear the exhaust overlap popping... its a sound you cant really hear in person...record it with a cell phone and its clear as day...not being a smart *** on this one and would be glad to post videos of what im talking about"

The guy, false idol that created the ghost cam, had to ASK SOMEONE ON THE S197 FORUM FB PAGE HOW TO UPLOAD A VIDEO in order to share this glorious find and you guys think he can "reinvent the wheel" and create a 3V ghost cam? Come on now...Also, think about this. Have any of you heard of "Gemelito Performance"? Do a Google search and see if you can find a website or really any information on the company. I'll save you some time, practically nothing comes up. You really think this guy came out of nowhere and has performed a miracle that minds such as Jon Lund, Mike Wilson, or Doug Studdard couldn't come up with even with ALL of their VAST experience? Highly unlikely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	138460.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	144856  
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion