Ghost tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Spaceghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rome ga
Region: Georgia
Posts: 129
Ghost tune

If anyone can answer me about an tune going around call ghost tune..I just need some info on it or if anybody heard of it
Spaceghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-10-2014, 12:25 AM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
This is a perfect example of why we made the new tech rules. This gives no info as to what the OP is asking or even talking about. How can you begin to even think this is tech? Please think about what you post and where it belongs before you start a thread. This is not directed at you (OP) but everyone on this site that makes threads like these. Please,everyone....put some thought into things so that we can make this a quality site.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
OP wants to know what a ghost tune is, and if it able to be tuned on a 4.6 3v motor.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-10-2014, 02:38 AM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
OP wants to know what a ghost tune is, and if it able to be tuned on a 4.6 3v motor.

Still not tech.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
This is a perfect example of why we made the new tech rules. This gives no info as to what the OP is asking or even talking about. How can you begin to even think this is tech? Please think about what you post and where it belongs before you start a thread. This is not directed at you (OP) but everyone on this site that makes threads like these. Please,everyone....put some thought into things so that we can make this a quality site.

Good god...
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Still not tech.

True but if a 11-14 guy would respond they would say you could get it from bama etc. but the 05-10 can't get ghost tunes not tech but a owner from the older s197 could answer the question
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmarq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 249
Sounds like a tech question to me
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Spaceghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rome ga
Region: Georgia
Posts: 129
Thanks for the info and yes I have an older s197 05 gt i just wanted some info on it and see if anybody Heard of a ghost that's all
Spaceghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
This is a perfect example of why we made the new tech rules. This gives no info as to what the OP is asking or even talking about. How can you begin to even think this is tech? Please think about what you post and where it belongs before you start a thread. This is not directed at you (OP) but everyone on this site that makes threads like these. Please,everyone....put some thought into things so that we can make this a quality site.
Not sure I understand how a tune is not tech. Yeah more information from the OP would have been helpful, but a tune question is tech. We all understand the need for rules, but if it goes Dictator, you'll run everyone off.
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Not sure I understand how a tune is not tech. Yeah more information from the OP would have been helpful, but a tune question is tech. We all understand the need for rules, but if it goes Dictator, you'll run everyone off.

He just sounds pissy to me.
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Ghost tune

For clarification of what Tech is please refer to the stickies we have posted at the top of the section.

Asking what a ghost tune is, is not tech.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
For clarification of what Tech is please refer to the stickies we have posted at the top of the section.

Asking what a ghost tune is, is not tech.
Wow this is just ridiculous. What a certain type of tune is and how it works and effects your vehicle isn't a tech post?

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #13
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 688
Anyways, to the OP: A ghost tune or "ghost cam tune" is a special kind of tune you can get for your car. It makes your car sound like it has a lopey cam when it really doesn't. I'm not exactly sure "how" it works but a Google search will be more helpful than I am lol.


See mods that wasn't hard was it?

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
Wow this is just ridiculous. What a certain type of tune is and how it works and effects your vehicle isn't a tech post?

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®

Please check the stickies, It explains what Tech is.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
The mods are right. If you read the new rules you'll be able to see this clearly belongs in the General Mustang Discussion.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #16
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
The mods are right. If you read the new rules you'll be able to see this clearly belongs in the General Mustang Discussion.
I'm glad someone understands. If you were in your garage loading your tune and it bricked your car you could jump on the tech section and post "Need help with loading tune ASAP,car just bricked" then it would be tech. You are actually standing in the garage trying to wrench on your car and need help. Standing in the garage with your hands in your pockets or sitting in front of your computer asking "Whats up with the ghost tune" means nothing. Who knows what that even means....Does it mean,you have one,want one,are having a issue with your current ghost cam tune,want to know what it is or something else.

We made the current tech rules so that we could keep it more organized not to create a "Dictatorship" like someone said. If that's a dictatorship then what is it called when you completely disregard the current structure or rules and decide to do whatever you please?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:33 PM   #17
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
True but if a 11-14 guy would respond they would say you could get it from bama etc. but the 05-10 can't get ghost tunes not tech but a owner from the older s197 could answer the question
A 2011-2014 owner could answer that question. If they pay attention to everything Mustang related. Someone has made a ghost tune for the 3V and someone posted a video of that recently.....that someone was me and I am a 2011 owner. So if the question would have been asked in the right format it could have been answered by anyone.
FYI,you cannot get it from Bama. There is a independent guy in Puerto Rico that made one.

Ghost cam for the 3V
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:48 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
maverick214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 172
Thanks for pointing out the thread!
That's awesome.

But i have to admit I never would have looked for a 3v ghost cam tune in with gt6 and post your pets threads. Sorry that's just too many general threads.
If I'm looking for information on tunes and I come across a post your pets thread then I figure I'm in the wrong area.
Who knows? Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way.
maverick214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #19
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick214 View Post
Thanks for pointing out the thread!
That's awesome.

But i have to admit I never would have looked for a 3v ghost cam tune in with gt6 and post your pets threads. Sorry that's just too many general threads.
If I'm looking for information on tunes and I come across a post your pets thread then I figure I'm in the wrong area.
Who knows? Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way.
Its in that section because its a video showing the ghost cam on a 3V. It's not tech related at all. Just a video.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
This means any new thread in any tech section MUST meet the standard of being technical in nature: trouble shooting, installation of parts or "how to" threads. Any thing else that does not contain actual wrenching will need to be posted in "General Mustang Discussion".

The reason for this change is to improve organization and help members find needed information. By doing this we will be able to keep all the off topic threads and posts out of the tech sections in hopes of making it easier for members to find answers to their tech questions and problems.




So according to this, we can't post anything about tunes or tuners in the tech section? Because its not "actually wrenching", is this correct?
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Aggiesrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,883
So no clarification? Good luck to the next person that gets chastised for posting tune questions in the tech section?
__________________
chevy runs deep, Don't step in chevy!

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 983
Which is 50% of the posts lol
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Ghost tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
So no clarification? Good luck to the next person that gets chastised for posting tune questions in the tech section?

If it is simply about tunes then anyone can answer. Now if you posed your question like this "How do I upload these tunes to my 2006 Mustang GT?" then it will be considered Tech. Saying "What is a Ghost tune?" Like this thread is, there is no wrenching and nothing specific to your model car.

The more detail you are asking for the more specific it gets. A general question is just that... General
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:57 AM   #24
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5
The ghost cam tune is not possible on a 3V SOHC setup. The guy from Puerto Rico was outed as its not possible.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:03 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
yugoboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 60
Sounds like a tech question to me.
yugoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #26
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceghost View Post
If anyone can answer me about an tune going around call ghost tune..I just need some info on it or if anybody heard of it
As of right now the Ghost Cam tune is for 2011+ Mustang GT's with a manual transmission. This tune is designed to make the car sound like it has a heavy cam, when in reality it's just a few small adjustments to the variable valve timing! It's a really cool set up and it sounds great. Unfortunately at this time we can't offer this tune for Mustangs GT's older than 2011. Only the 2011+ Mustangs have the proper settings to make these adjustments.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Not sure I understand how a tune is not tech. Yeah more information from the OP would have been helpful, but a tune question is tech. We all understand the need for rules, but if it goes Dictator, you'll run everyone off.
+1 Things have gotten a lot more "strict" since I first started on these forums. Some of it is necessary but some is just dumb. It's ok to be over strict in the army.. You can't really leave it that easy. A volunteer forums that is all about the love of mustangs, you will run them all away with being overly strict. Not hating, just seems thing have gotten pretty strict compared from when I first joined.

I personally see myself clicking on the 99-04 GT forums, wanting to post about getting my new GT so I could get a "welcome to the GT club" sort of responses, and ideas about my ride. Instead I thought "oh this will be moved" so I posted in the general discussion and got a whole 1 response. I would have gotten 1-3 pages on opinions of my new ride if it was in the 99-04 GT section. I hate the new rules but I'll try to follow them.


Thanks for the info Dan.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #28
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
+1 Things have gotten a lot more "strict" since I first started on these forums. Some of it is necessary but some is just dumb. It's ok to be over strict in the army.. You can't really leave it that easy. A volunteer forums that is all about the love of mustangs, you will run them all away with being overly strict. Not hating, just seems thing have gotten pretty strict compared from when I first joined.

I personally see myself clicking on the 99-04 GT forums, wanting to post about getting my new GT so I could get a "welcome to the GT club" sort of responses, and ideas about my ride. Instead I thought "oh this will be moved" so I posted in the general discussion and got a whole 1 response. I would have gotten 1-3 pages on opinions of my new ride if it was in the 99-04 GT section. I hate the new rules but I'll try to follow them.


Thanks for the info Dan.
You are welcome,anytime.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #29
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjd View Post
The ghost cam tune is not possible on a 3V SOHC setup. The guy from Puerto Rico was outed as its not possible.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
And your source is? Have a link?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #30
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: atlanta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceghost View Post
If anyone can answer me about an tune going around call ghost tune..I just need some info on it or if anybody heard of it

Thanks for asking. Never would've known about it if it was in any other section. I'm not interested in much other than tech
Topless fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
You are welcome,anytime.

He was saying thanks to the AM rep
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
V6 stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
He was saying thanks to the AM rep
Yeahhhh..... Lol

No hate to the mods though. They take the heat for just doing what they're told. I just feel like the more strict things get, the more people will move on. I mean, there are other stang forums and all are voluntary.
__________________
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #33
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
And your source is? Have a link?
Feel free to find the original post on FB. I'm not going to search for that, sorry lol...I want to say it's on the "S197 Forum" group page

If you understand how the "Ghost cam" works, you'll understand why it can't happen on a 3V SOHC setup.

Spelling errors brought to you by Autocorrect
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #34
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjd View Post
Feel free to find the original post on FB. I'm not going to search for that, sorry lol...I want to say it's on the "S197 Forum" group page

If you understand how the "Ghost cam" works, you'll understand why it can't happen on a 3V SOHC setup.

Spelling errors brought to you by Autocorrect
Its not for my knowledge. I really don't care. I just think it would be useful to everyone else that is interested if you posted a link to disprove this instead of a general statement saying that its not possible.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #35
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Its not for my knowledge. I really don't care. I just think it would be useful to everyone else that is interested if you posted a link to disprove this instead of a general statement saying that its not possible.
If I can find the link I'll certainly post further information but that might be difficult on FB. Having a better understanding of exactly how the 2011+ ghost cam tune is achieved will give you further insight as to why on a SOHC platform this is unachievable as well.

Spelling errors brought to you by Autocorrect
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom vs. Strategy Tune (BAMA SCT) Rynarok AmericanMuscle 63 06-17-2013 10:21 AM
Tune question mmike87 2011-2014 Mustang GT 5 01-06-2013 03:33 PM
Bama ghost tune. 86custom 2011-2014 Mustang GT 138 08-02-2012 04:22 PM
CAI tune to stock? Aggiesrok 2005-2010 Mustang GT 8 01-16-2012 05:39 PM
91H tune load DannyDoright 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 5 09-16-2011 10:16 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:13 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.