Best convertible weather - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Best convertible weather

in your opinion whats the best weather to drive with your top down. and whats the coldest weather you ever drove with it.
Excretionx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2014, 12:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I like it Hott Hott . My tops down every drive summer time shades on cruising . But I have also had it down 40 degrees a few times and yes it was freezing !!!!!!did it for fun
I just love the wind
Old 01-11-2014, 06:23 AM   #3
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
I think my coldest was 50-60 but that's because that's tree coldest here in az. As for top down I did it during fall and right now in winter but with a nice jacket. I barely got the car in April so I'll try out spring soon. I rarely put the top down in the summer because 120 degrees and leather are not a nice mix

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

I think my coldest was 50-60 but that's because that's the coldest here in az. As for top down I did it during fall and right now in winter but with a nice jacket. I barely got the car in April so I'll try out spring soon. I rarely put the top down in the summer because 120 degrees and leather are not a nice mix
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
I think my coldest was 50-60 but that's because that's tree coldest here in az. As for top down I did it during fall and right now in winter but with a nice jacket. I barely got the car in April so I'll try out spring soon. I rarely put the top down in the summer because 120 degrees and leather are not a nice mix

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

I think my coldest was 50-60 but that's because that's the coldest here in az. As for top down I did it during fall and right now in winter but with a nice jacket. I barely got the car in April so I'll try out spring soon. I rarely put the top down in the summer because 120 degrees and leather are not a nice mix

I have driven with my top back in the winter here in about 38-40 degrees with a overcast and some light rain, I dropped my son off in Montgomery,AL and drove it back top off back to Atlanta,GA which is about a three hour drive, I was cold I cut the heater on and coat and beanie. But I was mad his mom pissed me off hating on my car.... Stupid B*** so I peeled out and me and the Go Fast were on the highway!... I've done it twice more since but it cold to cold now for that.
swoopty5525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
A little different, but I used to love taking my t-tops off in high school whenever the sun was out. If there were no clouds, the temperature didn't matter. Sun in the face, wind in the hair, perfection. I swear I was a dog in a former life.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
A little different, but I used to love taking my t-tops off in high school whenever the sun was out. If there were no clouds, the temperature didn't matter. Sun in the face, wind in the hair, perfection. I swear I was a dog in a former life.

Lmao...... I'm sure most of us was, and is in this life. A dog and his mustang
swoopty5525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Perfect weather is 60-70. As long as it's not raining my top is down. Coldest was low 30's high 20's. Was a decent snow on the ground and I did a 3 hr road trip.
Hottest is 105 or so. Baking at that point.

Sent from my massive johnson.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Best weather? 75 - 80 with no humidity. My top is down all summer unless it's raining. For me, it can never be too hot to have the top down. We wait too long for warm weather in Wisconsin. In Spring and Fall, anything in the 60s is probably good enough. Have thrown on a windbreaker and heat on mornings when it was still in the 50s. Coldest was upper 30s in a rental in Arizona going through the mountains on the way to Prescott last February. It was about a week before they got hit with that snowstorm.

I have never and will never drive with the top down and windows up, just don't like the look. I know others do it and that is fine, just not for me.

Although my convertibles are parked for the Winter, I still wouldn't try putting the top down in the 40s or below because everything is so stiff.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #9
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Best weather? 75 - 80 with no humidity. My top is down all summer unless it's raining. For me, it can never be too hot to have the top down. We wait too long for warm weather in Wisconsin. In Spring and Fall, anything in the 60s is probably good enough. Have thrown on a windbreaker and heat on mornings when it was still in the 50s. Coldest was upper 30s in a rental in Arizona going through the mountains on the way to Prescott last February. It was about a week before they got hit with that snowstorm.

I have never and will never drive with the top down and windows up, just don't like the look. I know others do it and that is fine, just not for me.

Although my convertibles are parked for the Winter, I still wouldn't try putting the top down in the 40s or below because everything is so stiff.
Top down with back windows up looks cool to me lol. I like having the top down but idk how I feel about doing it with my 18 month old in the back
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post

Not as stiff as you think. My Cobra has the cloth material though which makes it better. The vinyl top on the 90 can get interesting in cold weather. I spent more for the verts so the top is always down.

As for top down windows up I just laugh. Looks retarded.

Our's:
Old 01-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Not as stiff as you think. My Cobra has the cloth material though which makes it better. The vinyl top on the 90 can get interesting in cold weather. I spent more for the verts so the top is always down.

As for top down windows up I just laugh. Looks retarded.

is the cobra's top made out of different material ????
Old 01-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excretionx View Post
is the cobra's top made out of different material ????
Yes. It is not cloth but it is a synthetic cloth like material. Much more forgiving than vinyl.

Our's:
Old 01-11-2014, 09:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
In mid KY, late fall when its in the 60's still on some days but the humidity is gone, great weather!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #14
twk
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: North Carolina
Best weather? Night time. Cool evenings, no clouds, all the stars out. Bonus points for being able to see the milky Way. I love it.
Coldest was driving through the Colorado Rockies. Started out warm enough for some top down sight seeing, and ended up snowing on us. Not sure what the temp was but the snow started coming down pretty good. Eventually had to put the top up. Good times!
As long as it's not blistering HOT, the top is down on my car.
twk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:54 PM   #15
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
The best vert weather to me is 60 or warmer! The coldest I've ever gone is 50. I practically leave it down 24/7 in the spring!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Where da warmth

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion