SR Performance - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #1

Region: Illinois
SR Performance

It's pretty clear that americanmuscle.com like SR Performance parts. Is there a reason for that? And why are they so cheap? The allure of money-saving performance makes sense. But do their parts stack up against companies like K&N and Eibach?
ghosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I installed SR performance lowering springs on my car after a Black Friday sale. Coming from stock I noticed very good quality for $99 when I opened the box. Install was easy (did it myself) and I noticed the exact drop that they advertise. I then drove it out to get a feel. I noticed a stiffer ride with very good control without letting them sit. After they are in place I am more than happy with them. Then I drive a buddy's 2006 v6 basically the same car as mine with Eibach springs. And it was a nice ride but I could not find a difference. They were about the same pride but they were more expensive. It may be the fact that with K&N you are mostly paying for the name. I am not sure why SR performance is so cheap maybe they are trying to get their name out? Because after testing there springs, the quality is just the same.
Current Vehicle: 2012 Black Mustang 3.7 with a k&n 69 typhoon sieries CAI Ford racing Strut tower brace Forgestar f14s on the way 😈 | Past vehicles Ford ranger | 2001 Jeep Wranger | 2007 White v6 mustang |

Lmo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
It's pretty clear that americanmuscle.com like SR Performance parts. Is there a reason for that? And why are they so cheap? The allure of money-saving performance makes sense. But do their parts stack up against companies like K&N and Eibach?
SR Performance has definitely stepped up their game and added a ton of items that people were after. SR Performance has focused a lot on Suspension, with quality and performance as the main goal. The Springs are progressive rate, the bushings are all polyurethane and the components are made of thick material and quality welds. Not only are they the best price around but the quality competes with brands that are much more expensive!

A lot of their stuff is made in the US and some of it is made over seas. We run SR Performance suspension parts on all of our Project cars and have had great results. We're taking these cars to the track multiple times a month and really putting these parts to the test. I can say with confidence that they've definitely held up great and shown awesome results!

I think you'll be really happy with the quality and results you get from anything you purchase from SR. Definitely let me know if you have any questions or need some information on a specific product. I have personal experience with all of their products!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmo36 View Post
I installed SR performance lowering springs on my car after a Black Friday sale. Coming from stock I noticed very good quality for $99 when I opened the box. Install was easy (did it myself) and I noticed the exact drop that they advertise. I then drove it out to get a feel. I noticed a stiffer ride with very good control without letting them sit. After they are in place I am more than happy with them. Then I drive a buddy's 2006 v6 basically the same car as mine with Eibach springs. And it was a nice ride but I could not find a difference. They were about the same pride but they were more expensive. It may be the fact that with K&N you are mostly paying for the name. I am not sure why SR performance is so cheap maybe they are trying to get their name out? Because after testing there springs, the quality is just the same.
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying your SR Performance lowering springs. They were a real steal on Black Friday!

Let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan
Old 01-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #5

Thanks Dan, that's really good information! Is SR connected to AM somehow?
Old 01-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
Thanks Dan, that's really good information! Is SR connected to AM somehow?
SR Performance is exclusive to AmericanMuscle. We work closely with their team to help them manufacture parts that we'd like to see!

Hope this clears things up.

-Dan
Old 01-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #7

That does clear things up. Thanks
Old 01-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
SR Performance is exclusive to AmericanMuscle. We work closely with their team to help them manufacture parts that we'd like to see!

Hope this clears things up.

-Dan
I actually have been wondering who Sr performance is. I have the springs that still need to be installed. I'm planning to get sway bars from them too
mkashew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Super Ratchet

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkashew View Post
I actually have been wondering who Sr performance is. I have the springs that still need to be installed. I'm planning to get sway bars from them too
Awesome! You'll love those lowering springs. They'll lower your car a good amount and deliver great ride quality! You'll notice big gains in the handling category.

Let me know if you have any questions about the sway bars or need some assistance there! I'd be happy to help.

-Dan
Old 01-20-2014, 10:19 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying your SR Performance lowering springs. They were a real steal on Black Friday!

Let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan
Thanks Dan! Big fan of american muscle! Keep it up and don't get to big headed and start lacking customer service because that is one of the reasons I shop with you guys!
Current Vehicle: 2012 Black Mustang 3.7 with a k&n 69 typhoon sieries CAI Ford racing Strut tower brace Forgestar f14s on the way 😈 | Past vehicles Ford ranger | 2001 Jeep Wranger | 2007 White v6 mustang |

Lmo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #12
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmo36 View Post
Thanks Dan! Big fan of american muscle! Keep it up and don't get to big headed and start lacking customer service because that is one of the reasons I shop with you guys!
Customer Service all always be our number one priority! We will always bend over backwards to make sure your guys are in good hands and that you have a great experience.

Thanks for always being a great Friend and Customer to us! As always, feel free to hit me up directly if you ever have a question or need some assistance. I'm only a PM away!

-Dan
Old 01-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I've heard a LOT of negative stuff about the SR CAI and espeically the SR CC plates. For the CAI... if you live in an area where you won't see a lot of rain or moisture or even if you just spray it to keep it from corroding it'll probably be just fine and for the money its hard to argue. With CC plates... its not just you that can potentially get into trouble if one fails or goes out on you while you are driving. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend going with a known high quality brand like Max Motorsports (which AM also sells) or Steeda. The MM plates I have experience with for many years, are on my current car and are a huge upgrade from stock and about as nice a piece as you could want.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #14
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I've heard a LOT of negative stuff about the SR CAI and espeically the SR CC plates. For the CAI... if you live in an area where you won't see a lot of rain or moisture or even if you just spray it to keep it from corroding it'll probably be just fine and for the money its hard to argue. With CC plates... its not just you that can potentially get into trouble if one fails or goes out on you while you are driving. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend going with a known high quality brand like Max Motorsports (which AM also sells) or Steeda. The MM plates I have experience with for many years, are on my current car and are a huge upgrade from stock and about as nice a piece as you could want.
Thank you for your feedback. I'm going to get this sent over to the guys at SR Performance right away. They'll investigate these products and make sure if there is any issues that they're squared away, quickly!

After looking into our system, I don't see many returns at all for the SR Performance CAI and CC Plates. However, we'll pull a few from inventory and see if there's any obviously issues. I have personal experience with majority of the SR line of products and have installed some on my 2011 GT. I've had great success at the track with the upper and lower control arms. They perform well at the track and are a huge improvement over stock!

-Dan
Old 01-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

They do have some good products. I had a CAI from SR back on my old V6. And it did give a cool hissing sound, and i saw some mild mpg gains with it as well. I did however have a bear of a time getting some of the rubber connectors to fit. It was like they were way too tight. i get that they need to be air tight, but man it was a pain. Also, for the most part that car was garaged in bad weather. rain sleet and snow. And still within a year, it was extremely corroded. Now, for my needs i didn't really care much. It was an old, beat up v6. Not really a show car. I was just amazed at how badly some of the rust got, so fast.
Also, like i said the parts SR has are good for the price. I recently bought some springs and CC plates to try out, because they were in an unbeatable price range. I figured they would work to lower the car for the time being until i can save up for a more permanent set up.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #16
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
They do have some good products. I had a CAI from SR back on my old V6. And it did give a cool hissing sound, and i saw some mild mpg gains with it as well. I did however have a bear of a time getting some of the rubber connectors to fit. It was like they were way too tight. i get that they need to be air tight, but man it was a pain. Also, for the most part that car was garaged in bad weather. rain sleet and snow. And still within a year, it was extremely corroded. Now, for my needs i didn't really care much. It was an old, beat up v6. Not really a show car. I was just amazed at how badly some of the rust got, so fast.
Also, like i said the parts SR has are good for the price. I recently bought some springs and CC plates to try out, because they were in an unbeatable price range. I figured they would work to lower the car for the time being until i can save up for a more permanent set up.
This is the first I'm hearing of the SR Intakes rusting and corroding. I'll make sure we check the finish on this and see if something needs to be done. There's a chance that you just got a defective intake and if that's the case I have no problem replacing it for you. There's a lot of people out there running SR intakes without any issues at all!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll make sure this is addressed right away!

-Dan
Old 01-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
The SR intakes corroding is all over the place on multiple forums as are the issues with the CC plates. As I said for something as important as CC plates, go with MM for only a little more $$.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion