New guy here - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 342
New guy here

Hi guys,

I need some info about the GT 2014.

6 months ago I made the terrible mistake of buy a Veloster Turbo 2013, now I dont like that car anymore. It has a lot of interior noises, vibrations at idle, turbo lag, and a way more things.

Now I am trying to fix my mistake and buy a new GT but before i do that I need some info, I have never before own a mustang. The only reason why i want a mustang is because it have been my favorite car since i was a boy and i love it looks. ( i know i bought the wrong car)

My dayly commute is 40 miles, 20 going and 20 back, i work monday - friday and I never never race my cars so I was wondering if with the GT could do that commute with just one tank of gas a week??

Also i would like to know if this car has interior rattlings or vibration at idle???

Any info you guys could tell me is going to be welcome
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gordito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CG
Region: Arizona
Posts: 374
Welcome!

Eh, in theory I think a tank should last you a week... I get about 305 miles from a tank, average 19.1(based off of TrackApps screen and not my own math). I do about 60% hwy 40% city. But you might get addicted to smashing on it, and that's when MPG's go down. Plus I have 3.73's so that doesn't help either.

I have a 2013 GT and I haven't noticed any rattles or vibrations at my 8000 miles.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
Hi guys,

I need some info about the GT 2014.

6 months ago I made the terrible mistake of buy a Veloster Turbo 2013, now I dont like that car anymore. It has a lot of interior noises, vibrations at idle, turbo lag, and a way more things.

Now I am trying to fix my mistake and buy a new GT but before i do that I need some info, I have never before own a mustang. The only reason why i want a mustang is because it have been my favorite car since i was a boy and i love it looks. ( i know i bought the wrong car)

My dayly commute is 40 miles, 20 going and 20 back, i work monday - friday and I never never race my cars so I was wondering if with the GT could do that commute with just one tank of gas a week??

Also i would like to know if this car has interior rattlings or vibration at idle???

Any info you guys could tell me is going to be welcome
The 2011-2014 GT's are great cars. I have a 2011 GT and have a very similar commute to you on a daily basis. I drive about 22 miles to and from work every day. I usually fill up Monday morning and need gas again by Saturday (depending on how I drive the car). Mine also has full bolt ons and I definitely don't drive it with fuel economy in mind. When I was stock and drove it like a normal human being, I was able to get 250-275 miles out of a full tank!

I don't have any interior rattles or vibrations etc.. Ford did a great job with this car and I think you'll be really happy with it! However, I must warn you that these cars are not great in any kind of snow. They do great in the dry and if driven carefully the rain is perfectly fine. But snow is no easy task for the powerful 5.0L Mustang GT!

Hope this helps.

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
This car should be good for a weeks worth of gas, I drive 20 miles to and from school, mostly interstate. I've been getting anywhere from 22-27 MPG on the trackapps screen, I usually get about 320 in 1 tank.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 342
Thank you so much guys

On my Veloster Turbo I get around 325 miles peer week, I fill up the tank with just 45 dollars, what about the gt? With how much does the mustang tank fill ups?
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
This car should be good for a weeks worth of gas, I drive 20 miles to and from school, mostly interstate. I've been getting anywhere from 22-27 MPG on the trackapps screen, I usually get about 320 in 1 tank.
Same here, i fill up the vt tank on mondays and then again on saturday and sometimes even fridays . This little car is a dragon jajaja
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
This car should be good for a weeks worth of gas, I drive 20 miles to and from school, mostly interstate. I've been getting anywhere from 22-27 MPG on the trackapps screen, I usually get about 320 in 1 tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
The 2011-2014 GT's are great cars. I have a 2011 GT and have a very similar commute to you on a daily basis. I drive about 22 miles to and from work every day. I usually fill up Monday morning and need gas again by Saturday (depending on how I drive the car). Mine also has full bolt ons and I definitely don't drive it with fuel economy in mind. When I was stock and drove it like a normal human being, I was able to get 250-275 miles out of a full tank!

I don't have any interior rattles or vibrations etc.. Ford did a great job with this car and I think you'll be really happy with it! However, I must warn you that these cars are not great in any kind of snow. They do great in the dry and if driven carefully the rain is perfectly fine. But snow is no easy task for the powerful 5.0L Mustang GT!

Hope this helps.

It does help thanks


-Dan
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
Thank you so much guys

On my Veloster Turbo I get around 325 miles peer week, I fill up the tank with just 45 dollars, what about the gt? With how much does the mustang tank fill ups?

If you fill up at the low fuel warning(50 miles left) using 93($3.79 where I am) it's about 45-50, the stangs have a 16 gallon tank.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
foxbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 269
Not tech
foxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #10
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
Not tech

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt cause he is new... But moved to GMD anyway.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 342
Well i have an appoitment for tomorrow with a sales person at a cord dealer lets see how it goes jajaja
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 342
I went to the dealer and I can afford the GT Base but I would have to give almost 10,000 to cover the difference of my Veloster

if I get the V6 Premiun I will only need to pay 4000 out of my pocket.

What do you guys think? they are giving me the V6 Premiun for 22,300 is that good or bad?
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:43 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tyriqq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chattanooga
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 605
I currently have a 12' V6 Premium and love it. Great bang for your buck with 305HP. With a few bolt ons and a 93 Race tune I still average roughly 22mpg city and 27mpg hwy. That's with some spirited driving from time to time.

The only thing I will suggest is to really consider how much HP you want. It all comes down to preference. No matter what you do to the V6 you'll never get that V8 sound. Plus if after awhile you are disappointed with the 305HP pony car, you'll be looking at 4k-5k for force induction to get to a GT power and even then it still won't sound like a GT

Over all I say you should just spend the year doubling up on your payments or stacking up some money. If 4bangers are your thing as in the Volester, the 15' Mustang Turbo might be perfect for you when it comes out. Especially if you are trying to have power while also having good fuel economy

I don't know what the Turbo fuel economy with be, but it will boast a 305HP on that small block Pony

Hope this helps and good luck
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gordito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CG
Region: Arizona
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
I went to the dealer and I can afford the GT Base but I would have to give almost 10,000 to cover the difference of my Veloster

if I get the V6 Premiun I will only need to pay 4000 out of my pocket.

What do you guys think? they are giving me the V6 Premiun for 22,300 is that good or bad?
Sounds about right. Personally I would never buy a V6 Mustang though. Nothing wrong with them at all, just me being a picky bastard.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 342
I bought it couldnt be happier
Is a v6 premium with, pony package, accesories package plus the dealer added the appearance package

I am in love
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mosified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
I bought it couldnt be happier
Is a v6 premium with, pony package, accesories package plus the dealer added the appearance package

I am in love
Enjoy it to the max!! Nothing like Stang. I needed a different car and everyone tried to talk me out of the 96 GT. I took the train and bus for 3 months until I found the right one I could afford. Man I wish I could afford a new one but a Stang's a Stang's a Stang!!))
__________________
96 GT, P.I. Swap, X-PYPE, 4.10's, BAMA Chip.
Mosified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gordito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CG
Region: Arizona
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
I bought it couldnt be happier
Is a v6 premium with, pony package, accesories package plus the dealer added the appearance package

I am in love
Congrats man!
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 342
Thank you guys
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Marty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 153
Congrats

2013 GTCS Sterling Grey 3.73 gears Elenor Louvers Roush Axlebacks
__________________
2013 GTCS Sterling Gray, 3.73 gears, limited slip dif, MT82, Roush Axel-backs, 3 qtr window louvers

Marty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New guy here from Missouri gstguy97 New Member Introductions & Greetings 22 04-03-2013 04:45 PM
New Guy from SW Missouri 01_Blk_Stang New Member Introductions & Greetings 16 02-20-2013 02:34 PM
What the guy at my dealer said to me. ronnie948 General Mustang Discussion 54 12-20-2012 07:34 PM
Mustang info for jdm guy Villero1834 2011-2014 Mustang GT 19 09-07-2012 08:26 AM
Time to Shine, off to the Body Guy Jeffola 2011-2014 Mustang GT 23 02-26-2012 11:23 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:33 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.