Am I the only one that likes the Pony? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:30 AM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89GTstanger View Post
I may have misunderstood the original question. I assumed he was reffering to the pony emblem that goes on the side badging. I am well aware that most Mustangs came with the pony in the front. But I even try to replace it if I can. I had a nice cobra head ton my first Mustang.

Sorry but misbadging is as dumb as ricer exhaust. Not only is that an ugly cobra but I would laugh at the entire fobra concept.

Sent from my massive johnson.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Sorry but misbadging is as dumb as ricer exhaust. Not only is that an ugly cobra but I would laugh at the entire fobra concept.

+1 but I did put a older turbo gt emblem on my fox but it had a 2.3t swap
Old 01-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty5.0 View Post
You don't have mustang evolution painted on the side of your car do you?

You must own stock lmfao?
Naw, just trying to represent here on the forum.

2003 Sonic Blue GT Vert
SonicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 11:03 AM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
The pony emblem is great, I will never remove mine from my 98. I do HATE the honeycomb in the 99-04 cars though but the Mach 1 grille delete fixes that.

Only reason I would (and did) remove it was to put a snake in the grille on a legit Cobra that did not originally come with one like my 95.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

Lol those are fighting words to so many ppl when you call out their Fobra. Don't know why ppl go out of their way to make their GT look like a Cobra. It's not and 99% of clones forget something anyway and even if they get EVERYTHING the VIN code is still easy to spot.

Also that Cobra grille piece is hideous even if he had gotten the bumper right and they even came in that color...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I don't dislike the pony itself I dislike that it's chrome!! I hate chrome! I actually just deleted mine with the saleen grille because the saleen grille just looks amazing IMO!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well its a good thing I could care less what you think of MY car. I didn't try to make it a cobra clone. I just liked the snake head. I really do not care if y'all like it or not.

1989 LX, 306 with TF top end kit, Anderson N-21 cam, TKO 600 trans with steel splatter shield,full Maximum Motorsports Mustang maximum Grip box, Detroit locker rear end with 31 spline Moser axles. Staggered wheels with Nitto 555 315/35/17 out back.
89GTstanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

Well its a good thing I could care less what you think of MY car. I didn't try to make it a cobra clone. I just liked the snake head. I really do not care if y'all like it or not.
For many of us its not the badge itself but what it represents. A Cobra is a rolling work of art. Anything that represents itself as such but isn't just isn't cool. I get why you like the snake, but putting it on a GT is disrespectful to those of us that respect what it really means to have an svt made cobra
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #44
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
You are right on this. Other then my 2012 MCA
Anyway, What is wrong with a six???? When I went to Orlando Speed World I turned a better ET then two GT's in the quarter mile. All they did was spin tires and sound great.
There sure ain't a thing wrong or bad about any Mustang weather it is a four, six or eight. They are all good at what they do.( KEEP THEIR OWNERS HAPPY)

I love the snake but sure ain't gonna put it on my car. That is unless I can hit the lotto and drive to Shelby America in Las Vegas and have my car done by Shelby. If someone will donate $10,400.00 I will get it done so I can have the snake legally put on it.

My car when I first bought it.

Ronnie
Next time I see you Ronnie, I'll donate a dollar towards that Shelby upgrade fund.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
I think you need to get the hood painted lol.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Well I'd never try to clone my car or claim its a cobra, but I love the design of the Cobra's snake. And yes, I plan on using it on my current car. To me, the snake represents what the Mustang is all about, aggressive looks, power and performance. My cars never disappoint in any of those areas. If the SVT owners dont like it, I'm sorry but your not funding my car. I will gladly let them and then they have the right to tell me that I can't use the snake.

1989 LX, 306 with TF top end kit, Anderson N-21 cam, TKO 600 trans with steel splatter shield,full Maximum Motorsports Mustang maximum Grip box, Detroit locker rear end with 31 spline Moser axles. Staggered wheels with Nitto 555 315/35/17 out back.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I think you need to get the hood painted lol.
Lol...agree!! I'm going to paint the whole car satin black. I do auto body and paint so I'll save a lot of money doing it. I've only had the car about 2 weeks and rite now its to cold out to do it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion