Left dealership 30 minutes and speakers already making "crackling" noise... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Left dealership 30 minutes and speakers already making "crackling" noise...

Hey guys.

I signed up for the forums just now, and I literally left the dealership about 30 minutes ago. Former C6Z driver, but I converted over to a 5.0 because I wanted a cheap DD with a 6 speed manual.

So on my way home I was listening to a local radio station and I noticed a slight popping noise that sounding like something was crackling. It reminded me of bacon. I turned the volume all the way down to a single bar and low and behold, the speakers were making a cracking sound. When I turned it down another notch to where everything was completely quiet, the sound went away. When the music is turned up, you can hear the sound distinctively.

I mean really? I left the dealership a half hour ago and the car has 40 miles and the speakers are cracking. Is this covered under warranty?
jtm893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm893 View Post
Hey guys.

I signed up for the forums just now, and I literally left the dealership about 30 minutes ago. Former C6Z driver, but I converted over to a 5.0 because I wanted a cheap DD with a 6 speed manual.

So on my way home I was listening to a local radio station and I noticed a slight popping noise that sounding like something was crackling. It reminded me of bacon. I turned the volume all the way down to a single bar and low and behold, the speakers were making a cracking sound. When I turned it down another notch to where everything was completely quiet, the sound went away. When the music is turned up, you can hear the sound distinctively.

I mean really? I left the dealership a half hour ago and the car has 40 miles and the speakers are cracking. Is this covered under warranty?
Is it a new car or used? Sounds like another member who bought a convertible and didn't notice her stereo system was bad, five months later. If used, you might have 90 days but get it back asap to the dealer.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Make sure there's nothing in the door pockets. I had an item in a blister package in the right one and the door panel vibrated the package making a terrible noise until I removed it.

-Jeff-
STOC 025
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2014, 01:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Is it a new car or used? Sounds like another member who bought a convertible and didn't notice her stereo system was bad, five months later. If used, you might have 90 days but get it back asap to the dealer.
Brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
Make sure there's nothing in the door pockets. I had an item in a blister package in the right one and the door panel vibrated the package making a terrible noise until I removed it.

-Jeff-
STOC 025
I'll check tomorrow morning but I'm 99% sure it is the speaker. It's a very distinctive sound.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

take it in, should not be a problem for it to be repaired under warranty.......then again Ford is known to try to get out of warranty repairs

Sent from S4 using tapatalk
Old 01-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

The OEM speakers are crap from china. I replaced mine as soon as I got home with Rockford fosgates. All four...lol
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The factory speakers may not be very good but that is no reason to put-up with something that is defective. Make Ford repair it and then upgrade when/if you want. That's my two cents.

Sent from my XT907 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
CandyRed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm893 View Post
Hey guys.

This is probably your first new car? Why would you not think it will be covered on the car's B2B warranty? If you find a ding on the car door you could probably argue that the ding was there and they'll fix it the next day you bought the car.

I once had a suicide door Tacoma and there was a dent on the driver side. I didn't notice it till the next day. I took it back to the dealer and they fixed it for free.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Not saying that you can bring the car back a week later with a ding or dent but next day on a new car they should take care of you with no hassle
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Put some axle-backs on that 5.0 and you won't need working speakers ever again.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Put some axle-backs on that 5.0 and you won't need working speakers ever again.

Money well spent! I hardly ever use my radio after getting the axlebacks.
2010GBGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Left dealership 30 minutes and speakers already making "crackling" noise...

I hardly believe anyone can blow a new car speaker in forty minutes. I make regular 5 hour trips at least once a month with the radio blaring the whole way. I have almost 50k miles and speakers still kicking, without the bacon.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

These cars have stereos? I'm sure you will have no problem getting it taken care of.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:30 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Depending on the song and type of bass I get that sound too... sometimes I check and there will be something in the door compartment like a little piece of candy rapper or a pebble my kids were playing with... sometimes I hear it and chexk and there is nothing in there. I will upgrade my speakers eventually but its not too terrible yet.

If it really bothers ya... google 8in midbass speakers and there are plenty of cheap alternatives to the factory speakers.

2013 GTCS Sterling Grey 3.73 gears Elenor Louvers Roush Axlebacks

Marty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #14

Region: Colorado
Did you have a phone charger plugged in? I tend to get a little crackling/Interference when i charge my phone.
2012 GT Premium, manual trans, FR axel back sport mufflers, eibach lower springs/shock/struts, eibach front & rear swat bars, BMR panhard bar, BMR UCA and mount, BMR LCA and relocation brackets, MGW short shifter, boss 302 steering wheel, JDM oil seperator, TSW nurbergring 19's.
Jesse C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:27 PM   #15

took the car in today. Apparently, it was an amp, and the dealer ordered a new one. I'll report back later after they install it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion