Paint Care - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Paint Care

Hi guys,

I am new here

I purchased my first mustang this past sunday

The color is black and I was wondering what product should I buy to clean it?

Thanks guys
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone pls?
Old 01-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
For your fist time I would wash it real good. Get a mothers clay bar kit and use it per the instructions. I like mother carnauba wax. Wax it real good doing small sections at a time. Dont let the wax dry, use micro fiber towels to buff with changing or flipping it often.

1989 LX, 306 with TF top end kit, Anderson N-21 cam, TKO 600 trans with steel splatter shield,full Maximum Motorsports Mustang maximum Grip box, Detroit locker rear end with 31 spline Moser axles. Staggered wheels with Nitto 555 315/35/17 out back.
89GTstanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I bought a Meguiars clay bar kit for my True Blue car. It comes with clay, quick detailer, soap, polish, wax, and some towels and stuff. I cleaned, polished, and waxed the paint, and I go over it with the quick detailer to keep the dust off of it.
Black is a beautiful color but it is labor intensive to keep it sparkling clean all of the time.

Oh, and NEVER take it through an "automatic" car wash... You'll regret it.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I bought a Meguiars clay bar kit for my True Blue car. It comes with clay, quick detailer, soap, Polish wax, and some towels and stuff. I cleaned, polished, and waxed the paint, and I go over it with the quick detailer to keep the dust off of it.
Black is a beautiful color but it is labor intensive to keep it sparkling clean all of the time.

Oh, and NEVER take it through an "auomatic" car wash... You'll regret it.
Maguiars is another great wax and kit to use! And yeah...never use the automatic car wash...it will basically destroy a nice baint job!

1989 LX, 306 with TF top end kit, Anderson N-21 cam, TKO 600 trans with steel splatter shield,full Maximum Motorsports Mustang maximum Grip box, Detroit locker rear end with 31 spline Moser axles. Staggered wheels with Nitto 555 315/35/17 out back.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I wash weekly sometimes twice if it gets super dirty. Car is foamed first then washed using two bucket method. Blown dry then any remaining water gotten off with waffle weave towel. Waxed every two weeks using natty blue paste wax and then sometimes for another shine factor I'll add poor boys black hole. Twice a year I'll give her a mild polish using my pc 7424xp on a white or black pad with m205. I also bought mine in May and she is black and she still looks new.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Black isn't a color, it's an occupation.

No color looks better than black does for the 10 minutes it's clean.
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Black isn't a color, it's an occupation.

No color looks better than black does for the 10 minutes it's clean.
This is so true...lmao. the nicest car I've ever had was black for the first few mins it was cleaned. But I think black is a pollen and dust magnet... lol

Old 01-24-2014, 09:16 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I was using ZAINO until I found this *****

I now still use Zaino car wash when my car is filthy and needs it.
Generally I just use Project-X from Croftgate. Sprey it on and wipe it off. You can use it to keep your car clean and it protects the paint from UV sun. It also makes the car very slippery so not much sticks to it. I live in Florida the land of the Love/Bugs that will eat a hole in your paint if not protected. We have all sorts of bugs. Well, Ican say not much sticks to my car and what does really comes off easy.
Try" Croftgate Inc. of Central Florida - Croftgate Inc. of Central Florida
for information on their stuff.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you guys
Old 01-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Just so you know, the worst thing to let sit on your paint is bird crap and berries or sap from trees. I always kept a spray cleaner and towels with me and if I seen it on there is get it off. Bird crap will begin to eat thru your clear coat in a matter of days because of the berries and stuff they eat are so chock full of acids.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

89GTstanger sure is correct on this

Get it off as soon as you see it.

Our Florida Love-Bugs are even worse.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:52 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

True on that, I am going to pep boys later today to buy my cleaning gear
Old 01-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Like the rest said. I love my black car for about 10 minutes, then it drives me crazy. Lol You could wipe it down 10 times a day and still be covered in dust.
Te172r is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion