Questionable Mod - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Questionable Mod

So I was just looking through eBay and found this lil sucker. Now it looks and sounds promising but still wary of eBay finds. Some are actually great finds and some are junk.

So should I possibly get it and test it or just avoid this part?

http://bit.ly/KITfig
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Try this out and let us know. Lol!

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Prob does nothing, but I want one if it dose.
Te172r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
This won't do anything. Lol

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
It looks pretty good to me.

It say's it will increase your MPG, Increase throttle response, add Horspower and it will probably add torqe too. Easy enough to install. Not a whole lot of money for everything it does.
I Say- Go for it Then you can let us know if it does all of that stuff or somebody lied.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Reminds me of the cell phone booster that was a sticker. Lol
Te172r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I would like to try this:::::::::

Can someone send me $134.95???? If you do I'll try it out and tell you if I like it or not.
Ronnie
Old 01-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Can someone send me $134.95???? If you do I'll try it out and tell you if I like it or not.

Ronnie

I'd rather have a pocket tee

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Now you know that is never gonna happen at AM.

Since I'm not getting a Pocket T from AM I wonder if they should start carrying these. It seems like a great product at a low cost to provide a nice supercharger effect on our engines. It should pay for its self in increased MPG in no time at all. It is a whole lot cheaper then a Pro-Charger.
Ronnie
Old 01-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Here's my thought on this, if a new MAF sensor was all it took to gain some horsepower and MPGs then wouldn't every major parts company and distributor be trying to sell one? You're better off buying a tuner than wasting your money on something lime that
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Here's my thought on this, if a new MAF sensor was all it took to gain some horsepower and MPGs then wouldn't every major parts company and distributor be trying to sell one? You're better off buying a tuner than wasting your money on something lime that

If they made a car with 50 mpg don't you think everyone would buy one?

Oh wait..
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390515983.136315.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	145496

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lol. Well here's my thought. It could be true. It might not. Just wanted some thoughts on it. I'm almost maxed out in performance mods. Only thing I would need is a procharger. But I don't have 6k to dump all at one time. Next I wanna work on my suspension. But I ran across this lil guy and it's not all that bad. I might get it an test it. And if doesn't do anything then oh well. But if I do feel a difference then I lucked out. Lol. But we will see sooner or later.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I just dropped this into google
"Jet 69195 Powr-Flo Mass Air Flow Sensor" and see that Summit, Jeggs, and others are selling it as well.

One item I deciphered on the ebay listing is "increased air flow 45%". I dont think you can get a 45% increase in total CFM pushed into your engine by the change of the MAF calibration? Anyone toss me a bone here? How could that be true? Perhaps at one particular Throttle opening maybe at low to mid range it flows better only at that point?

One way it could be stated, you might get a reduction of 45% of the obstruction the OEM MAF presented to the airflow if that claim can be explained better?

Another listing states:
["These mass airflow sensors flow 41 percent more airflow than stock. The Powr-Flo sensors are designed to improve horsepower and increase gas mileage. They are compatible with factory electronics and stock vehicles, as well as modified vehicles including, but not limited to: Performance tuning (chips, modules, etc.), exhaust modifications (cat-back, headers, etc.), cold air intakes, and ignition systems."]

Remember years past they used to sell [and still do] resistor packs to put inline to your MAF to fool your engine into "Cold" mode and run richer. They still sell for $69 out there available for almost any car made. They call them [put some name here] tuning chips for $69

Do your own critical thinking exercise

Edit: see these folks asking the same question years ago
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31057
http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-...sensor-210533/
http://forums.nicoclub.com/it-only-t...d-t440130.html
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #13
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
This is essentially a resistor that is sending misinformation to the ECU.

My advice is to save your money and get yourself a tune.
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion