Cupholder placement makes it unusable - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Lol, my Expedition has 2 cupholders in the console, a cupholder in each door, two fold out ones for the first bench passengers and IIRC there are two on each side for the rear bench for a total of what like 12? However all I will need is that rear cupholder in the new console to make my Mustang commute world complete.

And LMAO on having to get out between laps. At least I'm not the only one who has to go like every half hour when I'm drinking those bigass drinks...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 10:55 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Lol, my Expedition has 2 cupholders in the console, a cupholder in each door, two fold out ones for the first bench passengers and IIRC there are two on each side for the rear bench for a total of what like 12? However all I will need is that rear cupholder in the new console to make my Mustang commute world complete.

And LMAO on having to get out between laps. At least I'm not the only one who has to go like every half hour when I'm drinking those bigass drinks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Lmao.
I ***** you not Scotty, I HAVE gotten out and taken a whiz in between laps because of too much coffee and those damned 44oz Arnold Palmers that I'm always drinking...

I guess the lesson from all of this is: If we want well placed cupholders, we have to start driving bigger vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I'd be laughing at them as they are thirsty and my super big gulp full of Mountain Dew is keeping me nice and alert and then having to pee from it making me go around the track even faster to get to the bathroom lol.

But yeah I hear you in that I'll have to get used to the drinks being there. Hell I'm going to need to get used to the drink being there PERIOD. When I did my black interior the parts were from a 95 so my 98 cupholders went away. Then I cut up the 95 console to put my 98 cupholders back in and they still suck especially with my shifter modded 1.5" further back it just slams into anything in the front and the back holder... I dunno who thought a shallow wide one was a good idea for anything unless they were like stacking cookies in it or something... This 01 console will only ever see anything in the rear cupholder, mostly coffee with lids. My carpet is ACC carpet and if I goober it up over the course of a few years I can just buy another one. Seats are vinyl and will not absorb spills.

Too f-ing funny!!!

Marty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Cool

If you are having trouble with your arm hitting the drinks in your cup holder, just find a fabricator to make a longer shift lever and have him put a bend about two thirds of the way up to bring the lever to the left. You will have no more spilled drinks. If you cannot find a fabricator, send a suggestion to American Muscle and they may design and build a taller shift lever for all who have problems with drinks in cup holders.
Tire Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 12:29 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire Shaker View Post
If you are having trouble with your arm hitting the drinks in your cup holder, just find a fabricator to make a longer shift lever and have him put a bend about two thirds of the way up to bring the lever to the left. You will have no more spilled drinks. If you cannot find a fabricator, send a suggestion to American Muscle and they may design and build a taller shift lever for all who have problems with drinks in cup holders.
Solid idea, but I think the midified shift lever would look funny, so I'll go with the lesser of two evils and just not drink anything in the car
Shuvool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:21 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuvool View Post
Yeah the old Mk1 MR2 wasn't fast by any means, but it was nearly a go-kart that was street legal. I don't think I could safely corner like that in most cars...at least until it got wet out, at which point they spin like a top due to the lack of polar weight
That steering was a nightmare in parking lots but at speed? Mother of God. I quit giving an auto shop my business because they tried to tell me there was play in my steering column and I needed a new power steering pump. There was no play, a flick of the wrist would swerve me through traffic, and they never came with power steering...lol. Never spun mine, the tires in back were too tall to break loose trying to powerslide around an awkward U-turn at the auto-x course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
My parent's corvette doesn't even have cup holders.
The funnest cars shouldn't have them. If it comes with stiff suspension and/or high horsepower, I don't even want to be tempted to carry an open drink in it.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #41

Region: North Carolina
fix for cup holder in 2010-14 Mustang

There is a cup holder out there for the 2010-14 Mustang that helps with the shifting. It moves drinks to behind the console and either front or rear passengers can use it. Check out the youtube video attached.

https://youtu.be/zBGbJj_DhS0
shawnhuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:34 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Well, Maybe not too sure. While you are drinking a stupid drink you sure ain't looking where your going. When you spill it you sure as hell ain't looking where your going.
The idiot that decided to put cup holders in cars needs to be shot.
(rest of awesome rant removed)
Ronnie
One thing I like about a muscle car with a manual transmission is that I don't ever HAVE time to do anything but drive. If I don't pay attention for two seconds, it wants to run me right off the road.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I bought 2 of these. They work great, are stainless steel, and you can bend them to fit ANY sized cup/can/bottle/mug.

http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/

Thread where I found them:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...p-holders.html
MADSCOTSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:00 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I have two of them. They work great.
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion