Ford Racing Hot rod cams - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'm going say go with brenspeed cams, that what I DD with in -20 degree weather just fine

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going say go with brenspeed cams, that what I DD with in -20 degree weather just fine

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I'm going to say go with brenspeed cams, that what I DD with in -20 degree weather just fine

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I'm going to say go with brenspeed cams, thats what I DD with in -20 degree weather just fine and good top end

Old 02-07-2014, 05:16 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to say go with brenspeed cams, thats what I DD with in -20 degree weather just fine and good top end

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

I want those hot rods I'm gonna just order those today man I just need to figure out everything I want to go with it.
swoopty5525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

I think I'm gonna go with long tube headers since I'm getting a air lift suspension kit too when I order the cams and a driveshaft.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoopty5525 View Post
I think I'm gonna go with long tube headers since I'm getting a air lift suspension kit too when I order the cams and a driveshaft.
Definatly go with long tubes I ordered my cams last week and its not gonna be here till Teuesday so shipping was horrible this time its gonna be 11 days do you have a cold air, tune,pulleys,gears? Those are all pretty good bolt ons
32GT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:06 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Ford Racing Hot rod cams

Naw my engine is bone stock other then me replacing my spark plugs and oil and filter I need that too I'm gonna order a tuner that Diablo with the cai and I want to get a X pipe with and I'm not sure I did replace my pulley but I think Ford just put the same one just new on their. Ya I heard the long tube bro on you tube with those cams and OMG my **** got rock hard bro!... I was gitty like a school girl man. Damn that's messed u know I'm not patient enough I always do next day air I just don't have the patients to wait. I know u trying not to think about too but happy they are gonna show up at sometime.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Naw my engine is bone stock other then me replacing my spark plugs and oil and filter I need that too I'm gonna order a tuner that Diablo with the cai and I want to get a X pipe with and I'm not sure I did replace my pulley but I think Ford just put the same one just new on their. Ya I heard the long tube bro on you tube with those cams and OMG my **** got rock hard bro!... I was gitty like a school girl man. Damn that's messed u know I'm not patient enough I always do next day air I just don't have the patients to wait. I know u trying not to think about too but happy they are gonna show up at sometime.
Yeah same here I'm impatient too! If your gonna get a tuner go with SCT because most shops use SCT if you wanna get your car dynoed just do the lil things first and then put the cams in that's what I did I would order full exhaust then a cold air and tune try steeda ud pulleys or roush and gears is your car auto or manual?
Old 02-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Ford Racing Hot rod cams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32GT32 View Post
Yeah same here I'm impatient too! If your gonna get a tuner go with SCT because most shops use SCT if you wanna get your car dynoed just do the lil things first and then put the cams in that's what I did I would order full exhaust then a cold air and tune try steeda ud pulleys or roush and gears is your car auto or manual?

It's a manual convert. So u think I should change all my pullies too while I'm doing the cams and long tubes? I was thinking steeds too instead of Bama no particular reason but to be different mostly they both seem kool. So I thought I knew what I was doing picking a tuner but I thought that Diablo tuner was a SCT right? I can afford to Dyno every time so should i even I'm not a racer or am I trying to stunt by Dynoing my car everytime and if I do that means I have to keep the same tune I can't just change it like the hand held tuner right? I'm looking to spend about 8-9k in the next week I just don't want to do everything so fast or I'm gonna get bored and want to buy another car bro so I'm taking all suggestions on the perfect setup. I love driving fast I don't care about gas or MPG I use 93 because it makes me feel the car better but even in a damn 4 banger regular I use that I'm just a fool for that too I know. But I shift in the 4-5000 range and like to hit corners fast I love downshifting and all that one thug I don't really understand either is tire set ups I know how I want it to sit but to match my driving style is where I mess up at. But I guess tires is another thread so I'll let that be. So with all this said I want to wake neighbors in the suburbs here I don't care I just wants Decepticon GT to be that a Decepticon start trouble and finish it.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's a manual convert. So u think I should change all my pullies too while I'm doing the cams and long tubes? I was thinking steeds too instead of Bama no particular reason but to be different mostly they both seem kool. So I thought I knew what I was doing picking a tuner but I thought that Diablo tuner was a SCT right? I can afford to Dyno every time so should i even I'm not a racer or am I trying to stunt by Dynoing my car everytime and if I do that means I have to keep the same tune I can't just change it like the hand held tuner right? I'm looking to spend about 8-9k in the next week I just don't want to do everything so fast or I'm gonna get bored and want to buy another car bro so I'm taking all suggestions on the perfect setup. I love driving fast I don't care about gas or MPG I use 93 because it makes me feel the car better but even in a damn 4 banger regular I use that I'm just a fool for that too I know. But I shift in the 4-5000 range and like to hit corners fast I love downshifting and all that one thug I don't really understand either is tire set ups I know how I want it to sit but to match my driving style is where I mess up at. But I guess tires is another thread so I'll let that be. So with all this said I want to wake neighbors in the suburbs here I don't care I just wants Decepticon GT to be that a Decepticon start trouble and finish it.
No diablo is different from sct there both different companies I would go SCT and well if you got $ to spend just take it to a shop and get it dynoed where are you trying to get on your car a daily driver track? or what do you plan on doing
Old 02-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No diablo is different from sct there both different companies I would go SCT and well if you got $ to spend just take it to a shop and get it dynoed where are you trying to get on your car a daily driver track? or what do you plan on doing

Daily driver but I drive daily like a racer though...lmao okay so Dyno it, I got you on that and I'm gonna get a SCT too if I have both am I canceling out a Dyno tune by having a SCT to change it up sometimes I really really like that I will be able to change my set-up with a touch of a button. And the Dyno seems like I need to learn more about that so I don't get taken advantage of going all the time I have seen some crooks since I have purchased this car. When I get the Cams and the Long tubes I have to get a tune anyway to calibrate right? What about a fuel system upgrade. Let me know if I'm doing to much just kuz I can afford it bro. I really need some kool mustang friends out here in GA. So I can build with them bro I'm like committed to this project and want to DIY as much as I can even if I have to build a damn lift system or purchase a damn mini lift system for my garage I don't kare. I'm off this season bro I'm trying to take advantage of that before I have to leave the country again.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Daily driver but I drive daily like a racer though...lmao okay so Dyno it, I got you on that and I'm gonna get a SCT too if I have both am I canceling out a Dyno tune by having a SCT to change it up sometimes I really really like that I will be able to change my set-up with a touch of a button. And the Dyno seems like I need to learn more about that so I don't get taken advantage of going all the time I have seen some crooks since I have purchased this car. When I get the Cams and the Long tubes I have to get a tune anyway to calibrate right? What about a fuel system upgrade. Let me know if I'm doing to much just kuz I can afford it bro. I really need some kool mustang friends out here in GA. So I can build with them bro I'm like committed to this project and want to DIY as much as I can even if I have to build a damn lift system or purchase a damn mini lift system for my garage I don't kare. I'm off this season bro I'm trying to take advantage of that before I have to leave the country again.
Getting an SCT tuner won't cancel out your chances of a dyno the shops will use your SCT tuner to tune your car you have two options which is dyno tune or email tunes email tunes is when bama or whoever you choose to go with will send you custom tunes you download those from your computer onto your tuner but a dyno is the best you can get they can mess with all your stuff till its perfect in your eyes and well if you have 8 or 9 k to spend why don't you supercharge it or turbo charge it instead of getting bolt ons?
Old 02-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Getting an SCT tuner won't cancel out your chances of a dyno the shops will use your SCT tuner to tune your car you have two options which is dyno tune or email tunes email tunes is when bama or whoever you choose to go with will send you custom tunes you download those from your computer onto your tuner but a dyno is the best you can get they can mess with all your stuff till its perfect in your eyes and well if you have 8 or 9 k to spend why don't you supercharge it or turbo charge it instead of getting bolt ons?

Okay now your teaching me what I really want to know, so take it slow for me on this a super charger or turbo charger allows me to not have to get all that other stuff? Or if I do get a super charger or turbo charger what's the difference in them? And what do I need to compliment either one that u would choose if you had the choice?
Old 02-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay now your teaching me what I really want to know, so take it slow for me on this a super charger or turbo charger allows me to not have to get all that other stuff? Or if I do get a super charger or turbo charger what's the difference in them? And what do I need to compliment either one that u would choose if you had the choice?
If you buy a supercharger kit or turbo kit or you get a procgarger kit it comes with everything you need the only thing you would need is to install it and get it on dyno FORSURE I think some kits already come with a tuner so you wouldn't have to worry about anything just installation and a dyno tune and well all 3 kits are really good turbo chargers are awesome in power but there is lag and stuff like that I also think there a lil more dangerous there all good kits but I couldn't tell you ask guys on here that actually have a supercharged turboed or pro charged car there the ones that can tell you the flaws and positives about the kit know what I mean
Old 02-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Procharger is a supercharger.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:38 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you buy a supercharger kit or turbo kit or you get a procgarger kit it comes with everything you need the only thing you would need is to install it and get it on dyno FORSURE I think some kits already come with a tuner so you wouldn't have to worry about anything just installation and a dyno tune and well all 3 kits are really good turbo chargers are awesome in power but there is lag and stuff like that I also think there a lil more dangerous there all good kits but I couldn't tell you ask guys on here that actually have a supercharged turboed or pro charged car there the ones that can tell you the flaws and positives about the kit know what I mean

Okay dont I need a driveshaft to support the TQ and all that like the things to keep my other things from working to hard and breaking like the balance, ( the Ying to the Yang) like to have a even keel car
Old 02-09-2014, 01:42 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Procharger is a supercharger.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Okay so now I guess I should do a lot more research still I am confused a little so why is it called a procharger? Is it a better supercharger? Seen a whipped supercharger before I as it cost more, I'm gonna go to bed on this one and wait for a reply
Old 02-09-2014, 01:49 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay so now I guess I should do a lot more research still I am confused a little so why is it called a procharger? Is it a better supercharger? Seen a whipped supercharger before I as it cost more, I'm gonna go to bed on this one and wait for a reply
Yeah I would do some more research I know a lil but not a lot you know maybe someone can jump on this thread and help you out a lil more
Old 02-09-2014, 02:35 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I would do some more research I know a lil but not a lot you know maybe someone can jump on this thread and help you out a lil more

U knew more then me bro so u helped a lot too bro thanks. When u put your Hot rods on post some video or something send me a PM so I can stay posted to that
Old 02-09-2014, 02:45 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
There's different type of superchargers a procharger & vortech are centrifugal s/c it makes power mid to higher in the RPMs. Whipple & roush are twin screw it makes power almost instantly at idle.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:00 AM   #91
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
There's different type of superchargers a procharger & vortech are centrifugal s/c it makes power mid to higher in the RPMs. Whipple & roush are twin screw it makes power almost instantly at idle.

Vortech/procharger = centrifugal s/c better up top

Kenne bell/whipple/eaton= twin screw better down low good power "tends" to run out of breath up top. Heat soaks

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
Vortech/procharger = centrifugal s/c better up top

Kenne bell/whipple/eaton= twin screw better down low good power "tends" to run out of breath up top. Heat soaks

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®

It seems like you can't have the best of both can you? Either high RPM boost or low RPM boost am I understanding this right CoolHorsey? So me getting 4.10 helps my off the line speed so should I set those up with a pro-charger then? Does that seem like a good set-up to get close to having the best of both worlds?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion