Still getting used to having power - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2014, 02:14 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Still getting used to having power

Of all the cars I've owned or driven, I think this 2010 GT is the one with the most power, at least with RWD (not sure if my friend's modded STI made more power, but it was AWD so didn't have this issue). I'm still getting used to having this kind of rear wheel power at the blip of the throttle, and there are some things I've noticed that you guys are probably familiar with, but they're new to me.

The biggest thing is that when I'm accelerating from a stop, if I get on the throttle really heavily (not really flooring it, I have a habit of not pushing anything besides the clutch all the way to the floor) the rear end kind of swings out and I have to get off the throttle to stay in my lane. I'm guessing it's from the rear tires spinning, although I don't hear any kind of squeal, then again the engine is pretty loud so I don't know if I would hear it

I've also noticed that Sync doesn't really like my Galaxy S3. I'll plug it into the USB port and it doesn't matter if I plug it in before I start the car or after, the first time it doesn't recognize the phone as a media device, then I unplug it and plug it back in, and it works fine. Anyone else with a Galaxy S3 run into this?
Shuvool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #2

And the 2010 is a 4.6 o.0
Old 01-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Yes the rear end going sideways is tire spin. If you pay attention to the tach and speedometer and they should read much faster than you're actually going. The only time your tires should squeal is when they're heated up quite well and are sticky
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
OP,

It doesn't take much to break the rear tires loose and spin during a hard acceleration. Keeping the car straight can be somewhat of a challenge at first, but you do get used to it over time. There's also several upgrades that will help reduce wheel spin and keep the car centered when you do break the tires lose.

I'm assuming your wheels/tires and suspension are bone stock too? I can guide you to the proper upgrades if you're interested. Just let me know!

I hope you're enjoying the car over previous rides. RWD & an American Muscle v8 is a lot of fun!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

As far as the Galaxy... its probably the cord. Not all usb cords are created equal. Get u a good one and see if it works better. My S4 works fine. Hope this helps

2013 GTCS Sterling Grey, 3.73 gears, limited slip dif, MT82, Roush Axle-backs, 3 qtr window louvers

Marty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yes i'm pretty sure the car is bone stock. I got it from a used ford dealer with ~40k on the odometer and I'm not used to driving it yet. I'll plan on doing upgrades down the line but for the immediate future the car will remain stock while the driver improves
Shuvool is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion