Need Help: Trying to find my 2007 Mustang GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftDinner View Post
I work for a car dealership so I have access to information on vehicles and with the DMV
Cool!
This is amazing...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
$20k is a bit much if you ask me, but that's not factoring in the sentimental part.

Talk them down and see if they will throw in a plane ticket to get you there and drive that sucker home to avoid shipping...
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Also OP, you know the history of your car. They want 20k for a car that was in a rear end collision, and has a repo on it with 45k+ miles? These right here are your weapons of negotiation. And do not under any circumstances tell them this was your car before, and now you want it back. They'll try their best to use it against ya.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Also OP, you know the history of your car. They want 20k for a car that was in a rear end collision, and has a repo on it with 45k+ miles? These right here are your weapons of negotiation. And do not under any circumstances tell them this was your car before, and now you want it back. They'll try their best to use it against ya.
I already did....
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Of course they are going to try and get asking price for it, However they still have leeway .. For one they tried to auction it recently and it did not sell. Two like they said they are deep into the car and its value is going to go down over time not up. Explain to them that you have the 15,000 witch is actually a reasonable offer and that you will take care of the shipping or will be down to pick the car up, Don't ask for a yes just continue with so what paper work do I need to fill out so we can make this happen. assume the sale and you will have your car back.
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Well crap... I still think you can get them to lower the car down significantly. Probably down to 16,500. That car is not worth 20 grand. And you've got the tools to tear down their price. Perhaps they don't know that you know its been in an accident. Hopefully they change their tune when you bring it up.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Of course they are going to try and get asking price for it, However they still have leeway .. For one they tried to auction it recently and it did not sell. Two like they said they are deep into the car and its value is going to go down over time not up. Explain to them that you have the 15,000 witch is actually a reasonable offer and that you will take care of the shipping or will be down to pick the car up, Don't ask for a yes just continue with so what paper work do I need to fill out so we can make this happen. assume the sale and you will have your car back.
I wonder why it didnt sell at auction? The past damage or their into it for too much money?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Well crap... I still think you can get them to lower the car down significantly. Probably down to 16,500. That car is not worth 20 grand. And you've got the tools to tear down their price. Perhaps they don't know that you know its been in an accident. Hopefully they change their tune when you bring it up.
I told them all about the damage and that I still have all paperwork from accident and what was replaced...
Old 01-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #44
Road Trip!

When are they supposedly calling you back?.. Probably didn't sell at auction because didn't hit the reserve price. They probably want more then what was offered. Witch doesn't mean 20k could be 14k but we will never know that.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When are they supposedly calling you back?.. Probably didn't sell at auction because didn't hit the reserve price. They probably want more then what was offered. Witch doesn't mean 20k could be 14k but we will never know that.
Exactly, they have been texting me. wont send more photos until I agree to $20k I told them I knew they tried to auction it and it didnt sell and said for them not to try and bull**** a bull****ter. Not looking good...
Old 01-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #46
Road Trip!

yeah hostility probably wont win with this one.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah hostility probably wont win with this one.
I wasnt being hostile by any stretch I also told them I have all the damage paperwork which will make it hard to sell not to mention it was a repo....If necessary I will let them sit on it another month and see what happens. If they tried to auction it they obviosly wanna get rid of it for some reason and most likely its the past damage and repo against it and I am trying to use that to my advantage.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:05 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Leave them with your name and phone number. Tell them if they want to negotiate, to give you a call. Dont call them back. Wait at least a week. If they do not call, then they truly are serious about 20k. And will be holding onto that car for awhile.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #49
Road Trip!

Yeah I would leave them with one last msg. short and simple.
I am interested in the car. I obviously don't agree with the asking price but would be happy to work with you to find a reasonable price that works for the both of us. If you think we can make this work please give me a call at # or text me back and I would be happy to work something out.
then just wait.
That's my opinion but something like that is probably your best bet at this point unless your going to choke up 20k
Old 01-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
Exactly, they have been texting me. wont send more photos until I agree to $20k I told them I knew they tried to auction it and it didnt sell and said for them not to try and bull**** a bull****ter. Not looking good...
Oh boy, the sharks can smell blood in the water...
It's crazy that they won't send all the pictures that a potential buyer might want.
These people sound kind of shady.
I wouldn't pay a dime more than 15k for that car and that includes the sentimental value.
Just keep after them and don't budge on your price.
It sounds like you may have time on your side.

They'll cave...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I would leave them with one last msg. short and simple.
I am interested in the car. I obviously don't agree with the asking price but would be happy to work with you to find a reasonable price that works for the both of us. If you think we can make this work please give me a call at # or text me back and I would be happy to work something out.
then just wait.
That's my opinion but something like that is probably your best bet at this point unless your going to choke up 20k
I just did what you said to do. Now a waiting game...dammit. But at the very least I can keep track of the car now and if I dont get it now I will get it one way or another, I wont stop until I do.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Oh boy, the sharks can smell blood in the water...
It's crazy that they won't send all the pictures that a potential buyer might want.
These people sound kind of shady.
I wouldn't pay a dime more than 15k for that car and that includes the sentimental value.
Just keep after them and don't budge on your price.
It sounds like you may have time on your side.

They'll cave...
Yea they are betting on sentimental value, $15k is my limit and they pay shipping. They will get desperate sooner or later...I hope
Old 01-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #53
Road Trip!

another easy way is to buy a 2007 Mustang that is beat for cheap, Register it, Go steal your old mustang rite of the lot as they wont notice until morning when your long gone. Put your plates on that car throw the insurance in the glove box and rock it. How often have the Police ever checked your vin number when getting pulled over... they don't. jk jokes don't do that
Old 01-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
another easy way is to buy a 2007 Mustang that is beat for cheap, Register it, Go steal your old mustang rite of the lot as they wont notice until morning when your long gone. Put your plates on that car throw the insurance in the glove box and rock it. How often have the Police ever checked your vin number when getting pulled over... they don't. jk jokes don't do that
Heck no!...

They just texted me again, $20k out the door. I said they can keep it for now. And that they have my info and when they seriously wanna sell the Mustang to contact me.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If someone else buys this car will I be able to track it since I have the vin#?
Old 01-25-2014, 01:32 PM   #56
Road Trip!

you will be able to see where it was registered.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

2007 Ford Mustang from NextCar USA (24th Street)&
Old 01-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #57
Road Trip!

above is the listing for your car on there site if you want to check to see if its still available without having to call them
Old 01-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
above is the listing for your car on there site if you want to check to see if its still available without having to call them
Yea I looked and found them on the web. They are a bunch of pricks if you ask me. They just texted me and said $20k period. Will not take any less.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There probably isnt anyway to find out who owned it after I did is there and see whats happened to it?
Old 01-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #60
Road Trip!

yeah I was just reading reviews on them, not very reputable that's for sure.
That sucks that its your car and you would have to pay a lot to get it back. 20k out the door is a lot but I assume they are going to eat all the fees and taxes.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Very intersting story... that sucks they are being a *** about it. hopefully all works out and you get your car back bro!

Marty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah I was just reading reviews on them, not very reputable that's for sure.
That sucks that its your car and you would have to pay a lot to get it back. 20k out the door is a lot but I assume they are going to eat all the fees and taxes.
I cant beleive they would let me walk considering they have tried auctioning the car with no sale and no buyers and know I am a definte buyer...

Their arent any fees or taxes since im a out of state buyer.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty5.0 View Post
Very intersting story... that sucks they are being a *** about it. hopefully all works out and you get your car back bro!
Its amazing how attached you can become to a car even when it isnt the latest and greatest.

The good memories come from my daughter and me and was/is supposed to get that car when she is 16.

And the bad memories come from when I drove Phoenix night after night trying to find where my now exwife was at 4am in the morning and finally catching her at a motel 6 with some loser who works at Kohls department store and not being able to decide if I should whoop their asses or get back into my Mustang and drive away. I did the latter and sat in the parking lot and threw up from what I saw and how angry I was. So that Mustang has been through alot with me and I will get it back one way or another....
Old 01-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
They said they are "buried" in the Mustang and I told them thats not my problem. I offered them $15k and I will pay $1k to get it here to Florida, so we'll see...

They claimed they didnt know it had been wrecked, hit in the *** end, I told them I still have all the original paperwork when it was fixed and where and what parts were replaced...
So you lost it in 2010. You don't know who and how much it was abused? Why not let it go and go buy another one that DOESN'T smell like the ex-wife?

Good Luck but I would bet they don't bend over for you.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Dude my car had 50k miles and I only paid 15k with a clean car fax
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
So you lost it in 2010. You don't know who and how much it was abused? Why not let it go and go buy another one that DOESN'T smell like the ex-wife?

Good Luck but I would bet they don't bend over for you.
The ex wouldnt even ride in it because she didnt like the color (Grabber Orange) and your right I have no clue what happened to it from 2010 until now. I do know it went from Phoenix to Minneapolis, MN and wound back up in California where it came from originally. I will figure out a way to eventually get it back (legally)...lol
Old 01-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
I already did....
Too Late for that. You can't put the toothpaste back into the tube.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post
Dude my car had 50k miles and I only paid 15k with a clean car fax
yea these guys are trying to screw me mainly because of sentimental value....
Old 01-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty5.0 View Post
They could turn this whole story into a Sunday Night Movie...
Old 01-25-2014, 05:10 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Great story but I wouldn't give $20,000 for it. My fiancée bought her 2007 GT premium in March of 2010 for $19,300 with only 6,900 miles on it at a Toyota dealership. They must be smoking something pretty good if they think anyone is going to give $20,000 for that car.

I hope it works out for you.

Wayne

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2007 mustang