Need Help: Trying to find my 2007 Mustang GT - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
We should all call and offer like 5-10k so his 15 seems great haha
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
Great story but I wouldn't give $20,000 for it. My fiancée bought her 2007 GT premium in March of 2010 for $19,300 with only 6,900 miles on it at a Toyota dealership. They must be smoking something pretty good if they think anyone is going to give $20,000 for that car.

I hope it works out for you.

Wayne
Im not holding my breath but I am hoping thats for sure. $20k is way too high for that car considering the past accident and now the mileage at 47,000, its no wonder why they havent sold it yet and probably wont at that price and what makes matters worse is that they are ******** about it all...
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoung68 View Post
We should all call and offer like 5-10k so his 15 seems great haha
Thats a great idea!...IMO I think its worth $10k considering the mileage and past accident that shows up on carfax but I was willing to do $15k if they shipped it to me here in Naples which would cost them about $800.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I feel bad for you buddy.... First mistake was telling a salesmen your sentimental story.... They love hearing that crap and expect you to cave at some point.... Sending good vibes hoping it works out but I'd stop texting them all together. When there good and ready they will text you with something like 17500... When that happens you know you can work with them. Goodluck!
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman View Post
I feel bad for you buddy.... First mistake was telling a salesmen your sentimental story.... They love hearing that crap and expect you to cave at some point.... Sending good vibes hoping it works out but I'd stop texting them all together. When there good and ready they will text you with something like 17500... When that happens you know you can work with them. Goodluck!
I didnt tell him the entire story I only told him that I owned it when it was new and what damage had happened to it and I knew the car up until 14,000 and after that I dont have a clue but they know I want it back or I wouldnt have called and texted them over and over. I stopped speaking to them quite awhile ago today and told them when they are ready to get serious about a price to let me know, so we'll see.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
I didnt tell him the entire story I only told him that I owned it when it was new and what damage had happened to it and I knew the car up until 14,000 and after that I dont have a clue but they know I want it back or I wouldnt have called and texted them over and over. I stopped speaking to them quite awhile ago today and told them when they are ready to get serious about a price to let me know, so we'll see.
The price is about right. Not too many 2007 GTs in that color. If you average 10,000 miles per year, 5-6 years would be between 50,000 to 60,000 dollars.

They don't have to let it go for the price your offering. Simply you can't drive down the road and find another one that color. If it was new, there would be several in the region.

It really doesn't make the price any cheaper because they took it back and sent it to the auction to get their money back.

The reason why it's not showing anything on Carfax is the title has been cleaned. The Ford Company sold it and it was either sold in California and then taken by the new owner to Minnesota. They gave it a new title their and someone else brought it back to California where the New Title is clean. California won't let you do this but other states don't care. When hurricane Katrina hit, there were a ton of cars that were totaled but purchased and shipped to other states where their titles were cleaned.

Trying to negotiate the price down with you being the buyer just won't work. First thing someone will ask, if they body shop did a bad job of repairing it, why didn't you speak up? After all, you were the owner at the time.

Just because your offering cash instead of financing it, doesn't really bother the dealer. He will get paid regardless. If it is a Ford Dealer you trying to buy it from, they have all ready dismissed the idea of you taking it back for maintenance.

Buy another car for your daughter and let that one be the memories between you and your daughter.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:13 AM   #77
Road Trip!

Still blows my mind that this dood comes on here posts that he is trying to track down a car he had in the past. I find it for him and he isn't buying it back.
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:30 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftDinner View Post
Still blows my mind that this dood comes on here posts that he is trying to track down a car he had in the past. I find it for him and he isn't buying it back.

He just doesn't wanna pay the ridiculous price
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:56 AM   #79
Road Trip!

I understand that but what's the chances that we were to actually find the car again and by luck its for sale! Guy has a 2013 mustang and is prob getting raped in payments. Should get his baby back and would be happy as well as save a lot of money in the long run. 20k is a lot but its not an exaggerated amount more then what it should be. I wouldn't pay 20k for its also wasn't my car that I was tracking down. He probably would have bought the car if it was say 16,500 so realistically what's an extra 3500 to have your car back that you are going to keep forever.
Or shoot down the 1500 cash and finance the rest over like 3 years or so hah wont even notice the payments
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:22 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftDinner View Post
I understand that but what's the chances that we were to actually find the car again and by luck its for sale! Guy has a 2013 mustang and is prob getting raped in payments. Should get his baby back and would be happy as well as save a lot of money in the long run. 20k is a lot but its not an exaggerated amount more then what it should be. I wouldn't pay 20k for its also wasn't my car that I was tracking down. He probably would have bought the car if it was say 16,500 so realistically what's an extra 3500 to have your car back that you are going to keep forever.
Or shoot down the 1500 cash and finance the rest over like 3 years or so hah wont even notice the payments

I really appreciate you finding my Mustang that I owned and it is a coincidence that its for sale but it also may be a reason that its for sale. I do not know whats happened to it since ive owned it. It now has 47,500 miles and I am practically buying it sight unseen with the car being in California and I am in Naples.

They refuse to send me any decent photos that I can look at, I find that strange whether they want to sell it for $20k or $5k. I know what the car is worth and its not worth $20k, Im sorry its not. Its been wrecked and I know exactly what was done to it in the wreck and the repair. It has 24 claims against it on one of the Vin checker sites and 19 claims against it on Carfax, the car never had that when I owned it so something else has happened besides the wreck that the car was involved in. I dont know about you but $20k is alot of money to me and I wont part with it to buy ANY car if I cannot see it.

They have also tried to sell it on December 13 2013 at auction and was a no-sale car. If other potential dealers who want to buy it and see exactly what I see then there is a reason it isnt selling and its still sitting on their lot for over month.

With its past damage and the claims against it on CarFax and Vin Chek its worth a max of $15k, thats what I offered them and left them my name, number and email, they know where I am at when they are ready to be serious about selling the car and not try and rape me a 2nd time in the process.

About my 2013 5.0, I can easily give that car to my daughter when she is 16, 3 years away and instead buy myself a new 2015 5.0 so its just a matter of which way works out best but if I dont get my Mustang back at this time I do have the Vin# and I will always keep track of it and know where its at and when a more appropriate time comes along to purchase the car then I defintely will because as I said to another dude on this thread, I will eventually get it back one way or another..
Old 01-26-2014, 08:29 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
The price is about right. Not too many 2007 GTs in that color. If you average 10,000 miles per year, 5-6 years would be between 50,000 to 60,000 dollars.

They don't have to let it go for the price your offering. Simply you can't drive down the road and find another one that color. If it was new, there would be several in the region.

It really doesn't make the price any cheaper because they took it back and sent it to the auction to get their money back.

The reason why it's not showing anything on Carfax is the title has been cleaned. The Ford Company sold it and it was either sold in California and then taken by the new owner to Minnesota. They gave it a new title their and someone else brought it back to California where the New Title is clean. California won't let you do this but other states don't care. When hurricane Katrina hit, there were a ton of cars that were totaled but purchased and shipped to other states where their titles were cleaned.

Trying to negotiate the price down with you being the buyer just won't work. First thing someone will ask, if they body shop did a bad job of repairing it, why didn't you speak up? After all, you were the owner at the time.

Just because your offering cash instead of financing it, doesn't really bother the dealer. He will get paid regardless. If it is a Ford Dealer you trying to buy it from, they have all ready dismissed the idea of you taking it back for maintenance.

Buy another car for your daughter and let that one be the memories between you and your daughter.
It is showing 19 claims against it on CarFax and 24 on Vin Chek.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

I was sent a text just now.....Mustang was sold. They wont tell me if it went to auction or private owner....
Old 01-30-2014, 04:37 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Sorry it didn't work out.

Wayne
Old 01-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
Sorry it didn't work out.

Wayne
It sucks but from now on im gonna keep a eye on where its at and run a carfax on it everynow and then until I can get it back..
Old 01-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Dont you find it odd that they sent you a text
about the sale of the car?
They sold it, its gone, why do they need to notify you?
Did you ever think they might have a link to this thread
and were reading about this the entire time?

Something stinks about that dealer and the situation you were in.

Kudos to the member who found the car for you, very honorable.

I think its for the best. You had great memories but I think you had real bad ones as well.
Maybe uts better you wont have the car you were driving to look for your wife at 4AM.

Get your daughter a new car and create FRESH memories between the TWO of you.
MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 View Post
Dont you find it odd that they sent you a text
about the sale of the car?
They sold it, its gone, why do they need to notify you?
Did you ever think they might have a link to this thread
and were reading about this the entire time?

Something stinks about that dealer and the situation you were in.

Kudos to the member who found the car for you, very honorable.

I think its for the best. You had great memories but I think you had real bad ones as well.
Maybe uts better you wont have the car you were driving to look for your wife at 4AM.

Get your daughter a new car and create FRESH memories between the TWO of you.
Yea I think that dealer just tried to scam me most likely because they knew I had owned the Mustang new.
I understand what your saying about getting her another car which will most likely happen and I appreciate your post, it was a damn good one...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2007 mustang