Getting a good deal on a 2014? (ordering vs. off lot) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Getting a good deal on a 2014? (ordering vs. off lot)

I plan on ordering a 2014 Mustang at the end of the month, around presidents day. I was wondering if I would be able to get the same deal on a car I'm ordering as car on the lot? Or does it not make a difference?

I would think a car on the lot would get the better deal.

YouTube: TheRedStang227
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCny...D0lpUwi_ddL5Ww
Charlesph55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 04:58 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
People are saying because of the 15's being out that the 14's will go down but I haven't seen price drops by me yet, I also live 60 miles out side of NYC so nothing's cheap. But when I bought my 14GT in sept. I talked the guy down on price then backed out because I wanted the color that they didn't have and I wasn't going to settle. The guy was real nice and was able to locate one for me in Boston and gave me the same deal even tho it wasn't on his lot. I know this isn't considered ordering a car but dealers might be able to find you one and then you can negotiate price.
Staytru06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

If you can get one for $28k you got a good deal regardless. With the 15s out they will be cutting deals but honestly if you wait you might not get the one you want and also its being assumed by everyone (it seems) that the prices on the 14s will tank when the 15s arrive on the lot. If there is a rush to get the remaining 14s when the 15s arrive the dealers might not be making the deals ppl think they will. There are a LOT of people who are not sold with the 15 and I personally think the 11-14 cars are absolutely gorgeous and the new one looks like a bastardized Fusion with a Coyote in it. I know I'm not the only one.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 11:01 AM   #4

Region: Delaware
2014 are going fast. Only a few GT's w/ 6 speed left. Have three with automatics. 4 Roush Mustangs left.
Roushdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

I honestly don't think there are going to be many if any leftovers when the 2015s release and the ones that are left might actually go UP in price if the demand for them is high like I said.

I dunno the 2015 does not look like a Mustang to me, sorry. Reminds me of a new "Mustang 2" if anything except the drivetrain won't suck a bag of dicks like the 74-78 models vs the earlier ones.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
If I were you I'd buy the 2014 ASAP and not wait.... Many like me are choosing to purchase the 2014 after seeing the euro style body's .., just my .02 cents
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:38 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Don't wait. They're going quickly because (1) it'll be the last chance to buy a 197 new and (2) prices are/will shortly be descending as dealers make room for the 2015.

Anyone else going to miss seeing those beautiful 2014 Shelby's sitting in the dealership?
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Dealers borrow 30 day (paper) money and like to sell before the due (Interest) date. If a car has sat all month and you make an offer to buy that car, you should get a better deal than if you bought on the first of the month. Know what you want to spend ahead of time. Make an offer. If your going to require financing that is also negotiable. The dealer either uses Ford $ or a local bank. Ask which. They get a better deal from Ford and it contains incentives $$$. Sales targets also have dealer incentives $$$ that they may or may not pass on to you! Remember the dealer is the first owner of your NEW car. He is then selling it to you the second owner! Ford has nothing to do with this transaction. Car dealers really sell financing. The car is just a means to an end. Never think the dealer has your best interest in mind. That's ignorant. They'd all be broke! I worked for FMC. I walked in, made an offer to the sales manager, he accepted, and handed him the check the next day. He knew I was from Ford and thus didn't put me through the sales crap. The financial guy made a complete *** of himself when I demanded government papers showing the rules on (personal info) that he claimed were mandatory in order to make the (cash) sale. I refused. The owner came to my home to apologize. It's a shark tank if you don't do your homework. Have fun.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #9
blu
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Just IMO but I think the 11-14 Mustangs are about to join the ranks of the top 10 all time classic coupes. Keep em wreck free and wash em and the values will start to climb soon enough ...

"Quick like a Snake, light like a Fox. This remains the goal."

blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu View Post
Just IMO but I think the 11-14 Mustangs are about to join the ranks of the top 10 all time classic coupes. Keep em wreck free and wash em and the values will start to climb soon enough ...
I agree with this. IMO the 03/04 Cobra and the 11-14 GT/variants are going to be some of the most desired sports coupes ever.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I agree with this. IMO the 03/04 Cobra and the 11-14 GT/variants are going to be some of the most desired sports coupes ever.

Why do you think this? Just curious because I have a 14GT and I do love it but can't see it being as rare and desirable as a 03-04 cobra.
Staytru06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:35 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I would think ordering would be more expensive, as you're getting exactly what you want. Ordering off the lot, you can always haggle. I got lucky thanks to my employer and got it $100 over dealer invoice. They didn't have the color I wanted on the lot (x-plan pricing is only available on in stock vehicles) so I was walking out and they stopped me. I got a '14 in my second choice color, they shipped it in from Nebraska, still gave me x-plan pricing AND the rebates they were giving with the '13 models.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
I would think ordering would be more expensive, as you're getting exactly what you want. Ordering off the lot, you can always haggle. I got lucky thanks to my employer and got it $100 over dealer invoice. They didn't have the color I wanted on the lot (x-plan pricing is only available on in stock vehicles) so I was walking out and they stopped me. I got a '14 in my second choice color, they shipped it in from Nebraska, still gave me x-plan pricing AND the rebates they were giving with the '13 models.
I agree. I ordered a 2010 exactly as I wanted it and the dealer wouldn't budge a dime, but they kept showing me cars on the lot that they had "wiggle room" with
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:17 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Floor Plan Fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
Dealers borrow 30 day (paper) money and like to sell before the due (Interest) date. If a car has sat all month and you make an offer to buy that car, you should get a better deal than if you bought on the first of the month. Know what you want to spend ahead of time. Make an offer. If your going to require financing that is also negotiable. The dealer either uses Ford $ or a local bank. Ask which. They get a better deal from Ford and it contains incentives $$$. Sales targets also have dealer incentives $$$ that they may or may not pass on to you! Remember the dealer is the first owner of your NEW car. He is then selling it to you the second owner! Ford has nothing to do with this transaction. Car dealers really sell financing. The car is just a means to an end. Never think the dealer has your best interest in mind. That's ignorant. They'd all be broke! I worked for FMC. I walked in, made an offer to the sales manager, he accepted, and handed him the check the next day. He knew I was from Ford and thus didn't put me through the sales crap. The financial guy made a complete *** of himself when I demanded government papers showing the rules on (personal info) that he claimed were mandatory in order to make the (cash) sale. I refused. The owner came to my home to apologize. It's a shark tank if you don't do your homework. Have fun.
It's called a Floor Plan Fee. After the 30 days the bank borrows from the bank to pay off Ford. So every month it sets there, it's around $100-$150 that it costs the dealership.

If you find one on the lot, ask to see the invoice. You get the prices and just as important, you see on when the car was delivered to the dealer. The longer it's been there, the more likely they are to make you a better price.

However it they won't deal on a car on the lot, tell them, I can always order one. They can't whine or complain, simply because ordering a new car costs the dealer nothing. Then follow up with, If you can't give the price, I will order it from some other dealer. I really hate to see you lose all the money. But I can always bring it to you for warranty repairs and normal service. Also, all the crap about having to get the car ready for delivery, is just CRAP. They are going to do that anyway. It's not some complicated procedure. Take off all the plastic, check fluid levels, wash car.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staytru06 View Post
Why do you think this? Just curious because I have a 14GT and I do love it but can't see it being as rare and desirable as a 03-04 cobra.
Because you don't see a ton of Coyotes on the roads like you did with the 2V cars or even the 3V cars. They are performance MONSTERS, they are considered to be among the best looking Mustangs of all time, they have all the bells/whistles and finding a nice one in 10 years is going to be almost as difficult as finding a nice Terminator now IMO. There were more of these made over 4 years vs 2 but they are being driven more since a lot of ppl are buying them as DDs. Pretty much everyone I knew with a Cobra had a beater to drive in to work or in really bad weather although there are two ppl at my work now who have them as DDs so w/e. One is a chrome yellow 03 and one is a red vert 04.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion