Planned winter upgrades, list yours. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Planned winter upgrades, list yours.

Hokai, well holidays are over, tax season is upon us and the annual spending spree for those of us with cars and getting back a good amount of $$ is neigh. Here's my lis for the 98t:

-New trans. Found a full T-56 setup locally for $1500 with 20k on it

-New rear. Guy local to me wants to swap in an 03 IRS with 80k on it for my SRA and $300. We are swapping tailpipes and everything.

-FTBR kit for said IRS so I have no wheelhop or worn complaint rubber crap bushings

-New wing, mine is chipped and everyone with a modded 94-98 seems to have the S281. Will be picking up a T1 wing.

-Dead soft header gaskets and stage 8 locking bolts ala my 95 Cobra which had 0 exhaust leaks. This one ticks right meow.

-Moates QH mail order tune to get me started.

-Tork Tech kit and fuel system in May when I get the rest of my bonus.

What all are your rides getting?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You're not going to do the auto swap huh?
Glad your knee is better.

That looks like a nice bunch of parts!
That'll keep you busy for a while...

I'm going to finish rebuilding my suspension, mainly, I just have the control arms left to do, but, I think im going to rebuild my old A-arms with MM bushings and X2 balljoints as well. I'm just not happy with my cars stance. I should have done it that way to begin with , but, I was short on time and the complete A-arms were too tempting...

I'm waiting to see if the location where I autocross gets approved by the city.
Depending on that and the competition this year, there may be more to come...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Knee is fine, if anything its better than the right now that I've done a good 3 months of physical therapy. I will state for the record anyone in the military should go off base for EVERYTHING if possible. I now get second opinions on everything from my eyes to my back to the knee etc...

And while the auto would make me faster in a straight line, this is a street car first and foremost. There are exit ramps, there are turns, there is a LOT of cruise time on my commutes where a deeper overdrive and the .80 5th gear of a T-56 will keep me from lugging the motor on the backroads in 6th or spinning too high in 4th. Ppl make too big a deal about the .50 overdrive in the wide ratio magnums IMO. The .62 in the Cobra T-56 and the 01.5-04 3650s is plenty deep unless you need to do 90mph @2100RPM lol.

I had ruled out the t-56 initially because of the costs ppl want with them and I never seem to be able to find a deal on one locally. However, this guy is 2 hours away, trans is still in the car so I can test it out before he yanks it and the only things I will need to get to complete the kit are a 98 Cobra crossmember setup and get my aluminum DS shortened up by Mr. Driveshaft. So figure $1700-$1800 when all is said and done. This trans is originally an aftermarket one as well and has speedo gears vs OSS so that just rocks all sorts of socks.

Good deal on your suspension BTW, I'm not exactly thrilled with my car's stance either but I figure that can wait a little as I am lowered on pretty fresh springs/tokicos. Definitely get new bushings and X2 balljoints put in your A arms. And leave the spacer that comes with the X2s off the A-arms, that alone will give you a 1/2" drop.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 08:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I've got a thread going on my plans already but most of the stuff on there isn't gonna happen it's looking like. The only serious performance mod I had planned was 4.10s and I just got those installed on the 18th. My tax return is gonna pay the car off and the rest is gonna end up in my savings I think. I think I'm gonna get my fenders rolled though. I'm just trying to decide between renting a roller or taking it to a local BMW racing shop that could add a nice flare to my fenders if I wanted to.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm going to be adding some K springs, FRP struts, shocks, upper/lower control arms, strut tower brace, aluminum driveshaft, and an MGW short throw shifter.

Once everything is installed I'm going to start shopping for new wheels and tires. I still haven't decided which way I want to go for the wheels yet.
3.31 gears, FRPP TracKey tuned, FRPP K springs, FRPP Adjustable Shocks/Struts, FRPP front/rear sway bars, FRPP Panhard, Steeda UCA / LCAs, GT500 Quad tip AB, MGW shifter, Niche Targa Blk 19" Staggered wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sports
MALWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I have just added a chin splitter and rear splitters, got a curb alarm ready to install. If a windfall comes through, I am adding Whiteline sway bars, pan hard bar and brace, plus LCAs.
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion