Whats up with Camaro owners? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #36
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Still a mustang forum and reason young kids don't own slomaros is that there over priced . That can be a double edged sword good and bad but anyways rather see a Camaro parked by me then anything else
You just said the word slowmaro to a guy whos camaro makes over 600rwhp.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 09:30 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

No more like 450 then a 150 shot lol
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_30732506286360.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	146113
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Same thing could have been said about us Mustang guys back in the middle 90's....
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:54 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
Same thing could have been said about us Mustang guys back in the middle 90's....
Very true. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

How about we all just agree to hate Neon SRT-4 owners?[/QUOTE]

I had 3 dudes in a Neon SRT-4 try and run me about a month ago....I just laughed at them...
Old 01-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Very true. Lol
There will always be ups and downs for both brands and thats what makes them get better and better but on the downside of the the price of the 2 cars keeps going up and eventually they will price us guys out reach
Old 01-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The back and forth with the Camaro and the Mustang is great. Competition is a good thing, and forces all parties involved to innovate and improve in order to put out a superior product. Look at PC CPUs now compared to in the 90's. Back then, AMD and Intel were going back and forth each putting out the best tech each release. Now look at them. If you want the most power in a PC today, you get an Intel chip. The only reason to buy AMD any more is if you want to save money and don't mind sacrificing performance to do it. Hopefully the rivalry between the pony cars continues as it ever has and we keep getting great cars as a result
Shuvool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuvool View Post
The back and forth with the Camaro and the Mustang is great. Competition is a good thing, and forces all parties involved to innovate and improve in order to put out a superior product. Look at PC CPUs now compared to in the 90's. Back then, AMD and Intel were going back and forth each putting out the best tech each release. Now look at them. If you want the most power in a PC today, you get an Intel chip. The only reason to buy AMD any more is if you want to save money and don't mind sacrificing performance to do it. Hopefully the rivalry between the pony cars continues as it ever has and we keep getting great cars as a result
AMD used to be the ****....sorry to say not anymore..
Old 01-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Slomaro slomaro slomaro take your slomaro to the Slomaro forums this forum is for mustangs that eat slomaros lol end statement
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #46

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Slomaro slomaro slomaro take your slomaro to the Slomaro forums this forum is for mustangs that eat slomaros lol end statement
I HAD a Camaro... "HAD"
Old 01-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Lol someone has to defend the mustangs honor
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:24 PM   #48
Road Trip!

Funny how everybody's polite here but post this thread on ls1 tech they'll dog you until you cancel your account!

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

[Q UOTE=CoolHorsey;1934326]Funny how everybody's polite here but post this thread on ls1 tech they'll dog you until you cancel your account!

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®[/QUOTE]

This is true^^^
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:16 AM   #50
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
Funny how everybody's polite here but post this thread on ls1 tech they'll dog you until you cancel your account!

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
I happen to like the LS1 better than most Ford motors before the Coyote. Probably would have gotten one if the Mustang culture wasn't so badass.

HID end all thread
Old 01-28-2014, 07:34 AM   #51
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
It really does depend. There is nothing out really for AMD that equals the i7 but you will pay $$$$ for said i7. If looking at the high end i5 vs the new AMD FX Octa-cores the AMD wins and costs less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
AMD used to be the ****....sorry to say not anymore..
My 4 year old 6 core AMD Phenom II Thuban clocked from 2.8ghz to 3.8ghz and runs any game without even trying and stay right around 55C while doing it disagrees with you. Probably has more in it if I really mess with it but I don't see the need. When it starts to become a bottleneck my newer motherboard/ram/ and huge copper cooler are as simple processor upgrade to hit 5+ghz on air.

Back on topic, he who has the most money wins and regardless of how heavy the new Challengers are I would rather have one just for looks alone than the new Camaro especially since the new one looks like they pancaked the old one. I could say the same thing about liking the 2014 Mustang way better than the 2015 as far as looks as well.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post
No more like 450 then a 150 shot lol
You're both wrong...

It's 436rwhp @ 6300 and 403lbs ft @ 4900 on motor.

On a 150 shot, it put down 588rwhp and 649lbs ft., all while pulling down 26+ mpg on the highway and trapping 129 in the 1320 on 285/40-17 street tires.

The car was made to be a 50 - 150 car and it does that on motor in about 14 seconds and around 11 seconds on the nitro booze. It's fun.

Quote:
As for the AMD - Intel analogy, it's not completely correct.

Intel has far better IPC (Instructions per clock) than AMD does. A Haswell (socket 1150, the newest one) from Intel is around 40% faster than an AMD Vishera (FX X3xx series) CPU at the same clock with the same core count. So for example, a 1 Ghz Haswell Intel CPU would be roughly the same performance as a 1.4 Ghz AMD Vishera CPU with the Intel using less energy.

A better analogy imo would be something like the Ford Ecoboost F150 vs Dodge Ram with the 5.7 Hemi.

They both make about the same power and torque. However, without a load, the Ecoboost V6 in the F150 will rule the drag strip and provide better fuel economy. Take those same trucks and run them with a loaded trailer behind them. The more weight that is added, the more ground the Hemi V8 will start to gain until eventually pulling ahead, not by much but it will, eventually. It will not be as economical as the Ecoboost but the more load that it has to pull the more capable it becomes.

Also, for AMD, more programs are becoming multi threaded and able to use more than 2 or 4 cores. The ones that do typically have the AMD octacores performing between the Intel I5 and the 4 core, 8 thread Intel I7's.

Also ... Scotty, why do 5+Ghz on air, when you can do 5.4Ghz on water with much safer temps??
Old 01-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I haven't had ONE Camaro try to mess with me, and I have a "lowly" V6. TONS of V6 camaros around here too, but a fair amount of SS's. Probably see more 5.0's though.
The people I get the flybys from the imports, mostly 370's and G35's G37's... Had one BMW pull some dumb stuff the other night too.

OH, but I love LS motors. My wife wants to do a project car with me that we work on together. I want to get like a 01 Silverado 5.3L and put LS3 heads on it. Big cam, LSX intake etc. Maybe a big turbo down the road...
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #54
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
You're both wrong...

On a 150 shot, it put down 588rwhp and 649lbs ft., all while pulling down 26+ mpg on the highway and trapping 129 in the 1320 on 285/40-17 street tires.

The car was made to be a 50 - 150 car and it does that on motor in about 14 seconds and around 11 seconds on the nitro booze. It's fun.

Intel has far better IPC (Instructions per clock) than AMD does. A Haswell (socket 1150, the newest one) from Intel is around 40% faster than an AMD Vishera (FX X3xx series) CPU at the same clock with the same core count. So for example, a 1 Ghz Haswell Intel CPU would be roughly the same performance as a 1.4 Ghz AMD Vishera CPU with the Intel using less energy.

A better analogy imo would be something like the Ford Ecoboost F150 vs Dodge Ram with the 5.7 Hemi.

They both make about the same power and torque. However, without a load, the Ecoboost V6 in the F150 will rule the drag strip and provide better fuel economy. Take those same trucks and run them with a loaded trailer behind them. The more weight that is added, the more ground the Hemi V8 will start to gain until eventually pulling ahead, not by much but it will, eventually. It will not be as economical as the Ecoboost but the more load that it has to pull the more capable it becomes.

Also, for AMD, more programs are becoming multi threaded and able to use more than 2 or 4 cores. The ones that do typically have the AMD octacores performing between the Intel I5 and the 4 core, 8 thread Intel I7's.

Also ... Scotty, why do 5+Ghz on air, when you can do 5.4Ghz on water with much safer temps??

I knew one of the numbers was over 600 when on Nitrous, just forgot which one.

HID end all thread
Old 01-29-2014, 08:26 AM   #55
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
You're both wrong...

Because I'm paranoid that I'll have an issue with the water cooler like I go out leaving it running for a file transfer or big download and the pump goes out and I have no cooling. At least on air I have multiple fans so if one or even two go out I'm still going to have cooling. In all my years of building PCs I've had two fans just lock up on me without giving me any audible clicking or anything as a warning. Just pulled a frozen 120mm out of my wife's computer actually but I had no idea that one was not working because she never said it made any noise. Generally when one starts clicking I yank it and replace it.

However, I probably need to get with the times. I may get a new case with more room and go to liquid when I upgrade to a FX but I'm lazy and just pulling the heatsink, swapping processors and putting the heatsink back on is pretty easy. Heck I might be able to get more speed out of this old Thuban if I liquid cool. Who knows.

I do agree about the AMD multi-cores being very useful though. I've got 6 true cores (not 3 cores and 3 threads or some BS) so I'm thinking as long as the clock speeds on the cores don't become a bottleneck which, at around 4.0ghz they should be fine for awhile, I will be good. IIRC the high end AMD Octa-cores are actually 8 true cores but I could be wrong. Regardless pay $200 for a high end AMD processor or near $600 for an i7. I'll stick with AMD I think... nothing I do or will ever do is going to cause me to notice any ounce of difference between the two.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

When I had my sixxer I always had Camaros messing with me, but since I got my 5.0 I've only had one car mess with me, a new C63 Black Edition. Dude was a toolbag.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:08 PM   #57
Staff
Regular
Staff

Guy at work here has a black ZL1 that he backed into a pole, dented the rear quarter panel and it took the shop 5 months to get it back to him. Lol.

Thing is effing SWEET though. I think he paid right around $60k for it though. I'd buy a mint Coyote or Terminator for 1/3 the price, spend $10k on mods, fly out to the Bunny Ranch for a weekend and then pocked the rest.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion