Whats up with Camaro owners? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Whats up with Camaro owners?

I was driving down a major road here in Naples today minding my own business, just riding along in my 5.0 not speeding and barely going 50mph. Had a V6 Mustang next to me, he wasnt trying anything crazy and low and behold here comes a new Camaro flying up to my rear bumper and he could have easily passed me on the left but he chose to ride my bumper for bout 1/8 mile and then swerves to his left to pass me and floorboards it racing his engine and then pulls right directly in front me of me causing me to hit my brakes.

The other Mustang had already backed off when he saw what was happening and then the Camaro pulled to the right of me riding right next to me, had his window down, talking ****. So I finally told him "let's go" and he throws his hands up in the air and says no and I kept telling him "let's go or shutup" and he waved his hands in the air again and made a immediate right turn onto another street laughing about it all.

I dont go out and street race, Im too old but I also dont take no **** but whats with the chip on Camaro owners shoulder?
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Yup sounds like camaro owners lol hahah.

But tbh a lot of mustang owners try to show off and be dbags if they see me parking or working on my car too

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I just dont get it...

Camaro's are great cars and they should have nothing to prove to Mustang owners IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

I had a new SS get on my bumper and downshift while cruising in traffic. He did it (up shifting, downshifting, gunning it, then up shifting again) for about 30 or so seconds and then made a left turn a little way down the road. I don't get that. Obviously your car is more powerful. We both know it. There's no need to act like an obnoxious kid. My gf, her mother and her 16 year old sister were riding with me. Obviously I'm not trying to street race you, dipsh*t. One of my best friends has a 2012 Camaro SS and treats me and my car with respect. And I respect him and his Camaro (even if it is ugly) because we both love cars. Why can't more people think that way? Mustang owners included...
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Because F&#@tard.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I personally like Camaro's and if it wasnt for Ford and the Mustang I would be in one....I beleive in American Muscle....No rice for me.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
I personally like Camaro's and if it wasnt for Ford and the Mustang I would be in one....I beleive in American Muscle....No rice for me.

I'd choose a Challenger or Charger before the Camaro. Probably the Charger though. The Challenger is a little bit of a boat. And if I had more $$$ I'd go for something European. Maybe an Audi or BMW.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Having been into these cars before the rise of the Terminator, I remember a time when a LS1 and most LT1 Camarobird owners felt safe and secure in their superiority. Then 2003(well 2002 but 2003 MY) happened. All of a sudden the world didn't make sense to them anymore. Camaro/TA were gone, there was a 400whp Mustang for sale right off the showroom floor that was beating Z06 Vettes and then in 2005 a nice new retro Mustang with an upgraded interior and all the bells/whistles released and still no new Camaro. Then GM goes bankrupt and requires a bailout while Ford secures its own line of credit and becomes the only 1 of the "big 3" to stand on its own merit.

And then... a light at the end of the tunnel, a new Camaro! And its a big power LS engine, all new tech and once again more powerful than the Mustang, they could feel secure for the most part since a GT500 was a rarity. It didn't last. Rumors about the "new 5.0" had been around for a bit with the cammer motor and a few other things but I distinctly remember personally the disbelief on new Camaro owner's faces after watching the results of the early release 2011s just torching SS Camaros at the 1/4 mile stock for stock. And with 302 cubes... It was happening all over again.

Nowadays the tables are turned as to how it used to be. The Mustang consistently outperforms the Camaro every year, the GT500 is more powerful than the ZL1 and there really is no answer to the Boss. Camaro owners behave like in the original post because they do think they have something to prove and honestly I think a lot of them don't like the fact that their "invincible" LS motor is not the king of the street anymore.

Note I am not talking about modded cars here, I'm pretty sure we all know someone who has a nasty *** LS1. Heck Ish has one that would probably kick most of our car's asses but that's not the point I'm trying to make. The point is that for the longest time there was no question of which car was faster, it was always the Camaro unless you had a pretty well modded Mustang. The Terminator started that change and the Coyote is running with it. And as much as I don't like the way the 2015 5.0 looks, performance wise it's probably going to be a complete and total destruction of the current Camaro.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

The Chevrolet's owned the streets from 1994 until 2003 with the Mach 1 Mustang's came around. Even the 1999-2003 Cobra's were not that fast...The Mustang Gt's were slow with those 2V 4.6 motors...I will never understand why Ford did that...
Old 01-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

The 99 and 01 Cobras could keep up with the LS1 just fine if both cars were bolt ons, same with the Mach. Throw a cam and a tune at a bolt on LS1 and nope because the LS1 will make over 400whp at that point. Same deal with the Mach not being able to keep up since the Mach was basically the 99/01 Cobra minus the IRS.

The 03 Cobra was fast as ****. That's why the 03/04 Cobras were codenamed "Terminator" by Ford. They were the last nail in the coffin of the F body although GM didn't exactly give the F body a fighting chance. Read up on exactly what the 03/04 Cobras had if you don't know already. Fully forged motor, supercharger, T-56 etc... Usually dynoed 390whp right from the factory floor and just an exahust and a pulley/tune would get you to 425.

And Ford did the 2V because it sold. It sold a LOT. They didn't need to do any more than that when the 4V was available since 96 and a viable 300hp option for those who wanted/could afford it.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I didnt realize the 2003-2004 Cobra's had that kind of HP. I had a 2003 Mach 1 which was fast as hell but it got wiped out sitting in my garage by a Tornado that hit where we lived at the time... Funny thing is I also had a 1997 Aerostar mini-van which was sitting in the driveway and didnt get touched.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
I didnt realize the 2003-2004 Cobra's had that kind of HP. I have a 2003 Mach 1 which was fast as hell but it got wiped out sitting in my garage by a Tornado that hit where we lived at the time... Funny thing is I also had a 1997 Aerostar mini-van which was sitting in the driveway and didnt get touched.
Yupp. My car made 404/396 with filter and exhaust. Stock tune, stock everything else.

Sent from my massive johnson.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Loving this history lesson... I thought I knew mustangs until joining this forum. I've learnd a ****-ton over the past couple weeks since I joined mustang evolution!

Marty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I'd choose a Challenger or Charger before the Camaro. Probably the Charger though. The Challenger is a little bit of a boat. And if I had more $$$ I'd go for something European. Maybe an Audi or BMW.
I wouldnt buy nothing that Chrysler Corp/Fiat makes. Chrysler Corp is a 2 time loser, this was their 2nd bailout and the Challenger and Charger are nothing more than boats with 4 tires.

The only thing that should have survived with Chrysler Corp is the "Ram" brand sold off as its own ententity.

And GM isnt doing much better honestly, they borrowed $52 billion dollars and have paid all back except $10 billion and are refusing to pay that....
Old 01-27-2014, 05:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Slomaros just want to feel like they can play with us sadly they can't keep up all that well .
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Slomaros just want to feel like they can play with us sadly they can't keep up all that well .
I think the Camaro's have a great motor and all the videos ive seen show the Mustang 5.0 beating it but by only a car or two...
Old 01-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
I think the Camaro's have a great motor and all the videos ive seen show the Mustang 5.0 beating it but by only a car or two...

The Camaros do have a really good motor, they have the LS3 which is used in the 08-13 Corvettes. It's just the car itself that lacks.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Just saying all the big car mags and slot of time slips show mustang to edge it out and I test drove one you can't see anything In that car poor design . And if I'm going to buy Chevy it would be a vette lol
Old 01-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just saying all the big car mags and slot of time slips show mustang to edge it out and I test drove one you can't see anything In that car poor design . And if I'm going to buy Chevy it would be a vette lol
You cant really compare a Vette to a 5.0 Mustang unless you compare the Shelby GT500 to a Vette...
Old 01-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't I simply said if your going to buy a Chevy mine as we'll buy a vette didn't compare them lol
Old 01-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff

That's not a comparison either. The higher end Vettes are literally Supercars seeing as they meet all the criteria. You'd compare the GT500 to the highest end Camaros. Although the new Z28 is an absolute joke IMO. Not sure who is going to buy it when they can get a brand new Vette for the same price or even less.

I only compared the Terminator to the Vette in my original dissertation because at the time it was unheard of for a Mustang to be able to run with a Vette.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:01 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
That's not a comparison either. The higher end Vettes are literally Supercars seeing as they meet all the criteria. You'd compare the GT500 to the highest end Camaros. Although the new Z28 is an absolute joke IMO. Not sure who is going to buy it when they can get a brand new Vette for the same price or even less.

I only compared the Terminator to the Vette in my original dissertation because at the time it was unheard of for a Mustang to be able to run with a Vette.
Even the Vette Z06 wont run with the GT500's in a straight line....Thats what Im talking about, its not everyday that people run out to a track to see how fast they can move around it....I agree about the Z28, great motor but $75K great?....I dont think so...
Old 01-27-2014, 06:01 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't I simply said if your going to buy a Chevy mine as we'll buy a vette didn't compare them lol
Old 01-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Simply saying the slomaros are overpriced especially when the mustang out performs them
Old 01-27-2014, 06:07 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Simply saying the slomaros are overpriced especially when the mustang out performs them
Are you sure what your saying?, You've posted it 3 times....

Im teasing you...
Old 01-27-2014, 06:15 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Lol my bad just have a love hate relationship with Chevy lol really did try to like it but egh lol
Old 01-27-2014, 06:17 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol my bad just have a love hate relationship with Chevy lol really did try to like it but egh lol
Same here, you cant deny their old Muscle Cars were the ****, but so were Fords however if Ford ceased to exist which will never happen I would have to drive a Chevy..
Old 01-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
As a Mustang, Camaro and DSM owner, I see these things all the time.

In my area, the worst offenders of being ******rs are the ricers (hondas, toyotas, mazdas, 4 banger imports), Mustang owners and big-*** diesel trucks (some of which are solid 12 second trucks).

Most of the local ricers do these kinds of things (fly by's, riding your bumper, etc) just to see someone in a fast car put the hammer down. Most of them know their car has no chance in hell at keeping up but they think it's fun.

The Mustang owners around here are typically complete morons and that is putting it lightly. Most have a new edge 2v or later 3v and think they are simply the fastest cars that have ever existed. Talking to them, they make it sound as though installing a K&N filter and flow master exhaust will have any Mustang running down Veyrons and Lambos.

Hell, shortly after I had finished getting my 150 shot tuned on my Z28, a guy in a black new edge with gears, cold air, exhaust and tune swore that he would put car lengths on my Camaro. He was so confident he pulled a Brian O'Connor (Fast and Furious) and wanted to run for titles. I laughed and agreed to run him. He even made the remark of "Should I take off in first or second." I told him to do what he's got to do. On the way to his car, he walked passed my car to with the windows down and the t-tops out and he glanced inside. I fired up my car, and pulled out of the parking spot then he walked over and said, that he needed to run 100LL for his drag tune and only had 93 in the tank. I think the big cam and the 10 pound bottle of nitro booze kinda gave away that my car wasn't your average Fbody.

These types of people are the typical Mustang owners around here. A select few are cool, the other 97% are just stupid.

If you really want to get messed with all the time, drive a DSM. My first gen Talon always has people trying to race it. The worst offenders are the Mustang owners. I don't know how many times I have been sitting at a light when a Mustang pulls up, yells crap out the window about my 3" exhaust fart cannon (you can barely hear the car idling as the turbo acts as a muffler) and starts revving their engine. The entire time I just act like I have no idea what they are talking about, pull up the ebrake, put it in gear, get on the gas slightly, let the clutch out a little to build a little bit of boost, light turns green, I drop the ebrake, slam the gas, dump the clutch and I am already across the intersection before then even realized what happened. AWD FTW.

Camaro owners aren't as bad, at least not around here. Maybe that's because most of the Camaros and F-bodies around my area aren't owned by kids. The ones that are owned by kids are the older LT1 models.

That being said, this spring I have one LT1 Z28 that keeps revving at me when I'm in the Mustang. I think this could be a good first kill for the Mustang.

As for the current Camaro vs Mustang, stock for stock, they are close. The Mustang better at the drag strip, the Camaro better on a race track.

GM seems to have learned that it's not all about having the biggest hammer and the new Camaro seems to have proven that.

The 1LE Camaro pulling faster laps than Fords best track Mustang ever, the Boss 302. It weighs more and has less power, yet has no issues pulling faster lap times around every track. Same with the ZL1 vs GT500. The GT500 will absolutely destroy it and most other cars in a straight line. Throw in turning and braking and the ZL1 will trounce it.

Enter the new Z/28. It's a 100% track focused race car. It is stupid fast around a track, it has crazy high end technology that has never existed in a car at it's price point. It's what the Boss Mustang should have been. I feel like this will be the car that the next SVT Cobra will be focused on.

It seems as though GM has went the way of SVT in the late 90's and early 2000's. Make a great all around performer and then worry about adding more power.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Still a mustang forum and reason young kids don't own slomaros is that there over priced . That can be a double edged sword good and bad but anyways rather see a Camaro parked by me then anything else
Old 01-27-2014, 08:41 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

The chances of every seeing a legit stock for stock race between the mustang and camaro are highly unlikely. Comes down to if you're a chevy guy or a ford guy, as for me I'm ford all the way. As for stupid drivers they come in every type of vehicle... I agree that age plays a big part in this also. Truth is, the kids you see revving at the light be it mustang or camaro are simply trying to continue the rivalry between camaro and mustang. As long as they do it in a way that doesn't endanger others or themselves... have at it. I'll be rooting on the stang every time!

Marty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:47 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

D-bags are d-bags no matter what sort of car they decide to buy. The one you encountered happens to have bought a camaro, but there are many camaro owners out there who drive like normal people too.
Shuvool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #32
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuvool View Post
D-bags are d-bags no matter what sort of car they decide to buy. The one you encountered happens to have bought a camaro, but there are many camaro owners out there who drive like normal people too.
Agreed, i've driven around plenty of camaro owners and they don't act like idiots.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

I was cruising home today, mustang behind me(2011-12 V6) one next to me( 2013-14 GT) and one in front ( a Shelby).

We all gave each other thumbs up, and revved our engines.

The mustang owners here are generally nice, Camaro's, not usually...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:55 PM   #34
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
As a Mustang, Camaro and DSM owner, I see these things all the time.

In my area, the worst offenders of being ******rs are the ricers (hondas, toyotas, mazdas, 4 banger imports), Mustang owners and big-*** diesel trucks (some of which are solid 12 second trucks).

Most of the local ricers do these kinds of things (fly by's, riding your bumper, etc) just to see someone in a fast car put the hammer down. Most of them know their car has no chance in hell at keeping up but they think it's fun.

The Mustang owners around here are typically complete morons and that is putting it lightly. Most have a new edge 2v or later 3v and think they are simply the fastest cars that have ever existed. Talking to them, they make it sound as though installing a K&N filter and flow master exhaust will have any Mustang running down Veyrons and Lambos.

Hell, shortly after I had finished getting my 150 shot tuned on my Z28, a guy in a black new edge with gears, cold air, exhaust and tune swore that he would put car lengths on my Camaro. He was so confident he pulled a Brian O'Connor (Fast and Furious) and wanted to run for titles. I laughed and agreed to run him. He even made the remark of "Should I take off in first or second." I told him to do what he's got to do. On the way to his car, he walked passed my car to with the windows down and the t-tops out and he glanced inside. I fired up my car, and pulled out of the parking spot then he walked over and said, that he needed to run 100LL for his drag tune and only had 93 in the tank. I think the big cam and the 10 pound bottle of nitro booze kinda gave away that my car wasn't your average Fbody.

These types of people are the typical Mustang owners around here. A select few are cool, the other 97% are just stupid.

If you really want to get messed with all the time, drive a DSM. My first gen Talon always has people trying to race it. The worst offenders are the Mustang owners. I don't know how many times I have been sitting at a light when a Mustang pulls up, yells crap out the window about my 3" exhaust fart cannon (you can barely hear the car idling as the turbo acts as a muffler) and starts revving their engine. The entire time I just act like I have no idea what they are talking about, pull up the ebrake, put it in gear, get on the gas slightly, let the clutch out a little to build a little bit of boost, light turns green, I drop the ebrake, slam the gas, dump the clutch and I am already across the intersection before then even realized what happened. AWD FTW.

Camaro owners aren't as bad, at least not around here. Maybe that's because most of the Camaros and F-bodies around my area aren't owned by kids. The ones that are owned by kids are the older LT1 models.

That being said, this spring I have one LT1 Z28 that keeps revving at me when I'm in the Mustang. I think this could be a good first kill for the Mustang.

As for the current Camaro vs Mustang, stock for stock, they are close. The Mustang better at the drag strip, the Camaro better on a race track.

GM seems to have learned that it's not all about having the biggest hammer and the new Camaro seems to have proven that.

The 1LE Camaro pulling faster laps than Fords best track Mustang ever, the Boss 302. It weighs more and has less power, yet has no issues pulling faster lap times around every track. Same with the ZL1 vs GT500. The GT500 will absolutely destroy it and most other cars in a straight line. Throw in turning and braking and the ZL1 will trounce it.

Enter the new Z/28. It's a 100% track focused race car. It is stupid fast around a track, it has crazy high end technology that has never existed in a car at it's price point. It's what the Boss Mustang should have been. I feel like this will be the car that the next SVT Cobra will be focused on.

It seems as though GM has went the way of SVT in the late 90's and early 2000's. Make a great all around performer and then worry about adding more power.
Stop making so much sense! I guess I get mad sometimes that GM took the bailout and then stiff the gov't and taxpayers for several $billion but its no worse than some of the pork barrel stuff that our brilliant leaders pull off. I still think $75k for the Z28 is goddamn crazy though I don't care how fast it is. Get a Vette at that price point but I'm sure there will be ppl with a ton of money picking them up, getting sponsors and racing professionally.

How about we all just agree to hate Neon SRT-4 owners?

Old 01-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #35
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Yupp. My car made 404/396 with filter and exhaust. Stock tune, stock everything else.

Sent from my massive johnson.

This.....

You can do so much to them for so little and they are beasts. They are also just plain sexy. Beautiful cars. Even though I went with the 5.0 in the end after searching and searching for the perfect Termi......I still have the desire to own one. I will one day when I can enjoy it.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion