We know what you did last night "YEP" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
We know what you did last night "YEP"

check this out:
Ford Says: “We Have GPS In Your Car, So We Know What You’re Doing” - StreetLegalTV.com

Not only Ford but all the car companys have been using these since 1997 that I know of.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Imagine that didn't know that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
blackbeauty 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Now that we know that it's there ,let's find it, find a way to get rid of it and spread the word on how to get rid of it..

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Put the gps on a squirrel and let them think your driving around inside a park

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
its the blue wire under your dash just cut it
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Do not be stupid and cut any wire

Cars have had this since 1997 with no problems that I have ever heard of. Start listening to some idiot that say's to cut the blue wire is really dumb. This used to be a black box under the passenger seat on most cars. My 1998 Corvette had it there. Now I'm pretty sure it is just built into the PCM.
Chopping wires may be OK for some of you but """WHY?????
It's not like they are selling information about you personally "YET" but using it to actually make better cars with better performance and gas mileage.
It's not a new thing that just started but has been around for a while on almost every car made since 1997. It is just new to most of you because someone at Ford mentioned it.
Cut the BLUE wire. She gotta be kidding
Ronnie
Old 01-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
Put the gps on a squirrel and let them think your driving around inside a park

Or on a hamster, in a cage, running in that circular excersize wheel. That way, they'll think we're all running in circles.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Oh no..."they" know where we are..."they" know what we're doing... "they" have control of the vertical..."they" have control of the horizontal...

We are doomed.

Don't cut the blue wire, cut the cheese instead.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
We know what you did last night "YEP"

I dare Ford to spy on me with the GPS in my car. It's be their own funeral...it would literally bore them to death.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
check this out:
Ford Says: “We Have GPS In Your Car, So We Know What You’re Doing” - StreetLegalTV.com

Not only Ford but all the car companys have been using these since 1997 that I know of.
Ronnie
As long as her husband doesn't know, I could care less.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
One other thing to think of concerning these "black boxes". If they record information when a car is in an accident, this can be a real problem. Simply if they also record information like how fast you go and the date it occurred....Watch out.

If your involved in an accident they might be able to report that on several occasions that you exceeded the speed limits on several occasions. That will be real fun in court when the lawyer asks you do you ever drive faster than the existing posted speed limits? Lie about that and any credibility you had with the jury just went out the door.

Progressive Insurance has the Snapshot Program. Do you really want them monitoring your car and you speeding history shared with other insurance companies?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

When I took delivery of my 13 the dealer added a GPS for tracking purposes " in case it gets stolen." If Ford had one wired one in from the factory, why add another?
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:59 PM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Easy

Quote:
xxPIKExx When I took delivery of my 13 the dealer added a GPS for tracking purposes " in case it gets stolen." If Ford had one wired one in from the factory, why add another?
That is how they make their $$$$$$$

Ronnie
Old 01-31-2014, 04:49 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
One other thing to think of concerning these "black boxes". If they record information when a car is in an accident, this can be a real problem. Simply if they also record information like how fast you go and the date it occurred....Watch out.

If your involved in an accident they might be able to report that on several occasions that you exceeded the speed limits on several occasions. That will be real fun in court when the lawyer asks you do you ever drive faster than the existing posted speed limits? Lie about that and any credibility you had with the jury just went out the door.

Progressive Insurance has the Snapshot Program. Do you really want them monitoring your car and you speeding history shared with other insurance companies?
How much memory is equipped in these "boxes? How far back can they store?

Once, when I was driving to band camp, I exceeded the speed limit. Am I doomed now?
Old 01-31-2014, 07:34 AM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It.s not like they are storing Photographs

When just storing black only text they can probably store more information then we can ever imagine. They probably only need it until the warranty is done. If you have been reading the news over the years the Police are already using information from these devices in severe accidents where deaths are involved . Bucko, You should remember the drags racers that hit the jeep killing people in Orlando a few years ago. They got the speed information off of the device. Remember the Corvette reported stolen by the cop in Bunnel, The insurance company tracked it to the Bunnel Police Dept. parking lot. The cop stole and repainted his Corvette and got caught. This was at least 8 or ten years ago.
This IS George Orwell s "1984" and there is no way to get around being spied on. He was just a little early.
How about Facial recognition? They catch wanted people at football game and all kinds of events using it.
Ronnie
Old 01-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
When just storing black only text they can probably store more information then we can ever imagine. They probably only need it until the warranty is done. If you have been reading the news over the years the Police are already using information from these devices in severe accidents where deaths are involved . Bucko, You should remember the drags racers that hit the jeep killing people in Orlando a few years ago. They got the speed information off of the device. Remember the Corvette reported stolen by the cop in Bunnel, The insurance company tracked it to the Bunnel Police Dept. parking lot. The cop stole and repainted his Corvette and got caught. This was at least 8 or ten years ago.

This IS George Orwell s "1984" and there is no way to get around being spied on. He was just a little early.

How about Facial recognition? They catch wanted people at football game and all kinds of events using it.

Ronnie

All of your examples cite this technology being used in positive ways. So how is it a bad thing or anything like 1984? Lol what evil things could Ford do with the information anyways? They (police, insurance co.) don't care to track where you are going until you give them a reason to (running from the police, stolen car, etc.). So I don't see the inherent problem with this kind of technology which is, by the way, 17 years old.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 01-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
All of your examples cite this technology being used in positive ways. So how is it a bad thing or anything like 1984? Lol what evil things could Ford do with the information anyways? They (police, insurance co.) don't care to track where you are going until you give them a reason to (running from the police, stolen car, etc.). So I don't see the inherent problem with this kind of technology which is, by the way, 17 years old.

The "if your not doing anything wrong, than you have nothing to worry about" train if thought is one of most immoral things to ever occur

Old 01-31-2014, 02:19 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The "if your not doing anything wrong, than you have nothing to worry about" train if thought is one of most immoral things to ever occur

In some cases that could be true. For instance, the government mandating that everyone must wear a shock collar which they won't activate until you "are doing something wrong" is pretty immoral (just as a hypothetical example). That wouldn't be acceptable. It'd be a huge invasion of privacy and fundamental human rights. We can all agree on that, I'm sure.

But the argument runs into the fallacy of the slippery slope. Should we do away with the police all together? Because, if it is immoral to have some a mechanism in place to "activate" when you "do something wrong," then the police, being one of those mechanisms, is also an immoral institution. That's how I understand these mechanisms in a car to work. They are there for when sh*t hits the fan, and if you can't handle that, there's always the Amish.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:21 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
+1 and the way a society becomes a drone

Post Script:
If folks never watched (or read) Fahrenheit 451, that is a good story that is different from 1984 (it even has a reality TV type ending). The slippery slope is what the government can or will consider "doing wrong" can change with officials. Its also why the founding fathers put in all kinds of checks and balances in 3 parts of government, the federal papers, bill of rights, and the constitution. But today, most students of higher learning do not know what they mean or why they were even put in place while the government ignores them and breaks their rules.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:32 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post

Post Script:
If folks never watched (or read) Fahrenheit 451, that is a good story that is different from 1984 (it even has a reality TV type ending). The slippery slope is what the government can or will consider "doing wrong" can change with officials. Its also why the founding fathers put in all kinds of checks and balances in 3 parts of government, the federal papers, bill of rights, and the constitution. But today, most students of higher learning do not know what they mean or why they were even put in place while the government ignores them and breaks their rules.

That is an excellent book btw

Old 01-31-2014, 04:41 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post

Post Script:

I assume you mean the Federalist Papers and if so, I have no idea what you are referring to when you say that it is part of the government. And the Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution. I minor in political science so I'd like to think I know a little about this stuff.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I assume you mean the Federalist Papers and if so, I have no idea what you are referring to when you say that it is part of the government. And the Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution. I minor in political science so I'd like to think I know a little about this stuff.
Great that you are studying political science., I wish more like you would do so. So you should be able to explain to me the part about the federalist papers explaining many details and viewpoints of the folks, and the reasons for certain items in the bill of rights that the constitution.

But of note, it depends on where or who you are being taught political science that could yield about 3 different viewpoints.

I dont want to continue in any political discussions on a car forum, but the main idea is firm, you can't allow the "if your not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about" to be part of American Government.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:40 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Fair enough man. Haha Back to mustang talk.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion