What should my next mod be? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
What should my next mod be?

I have a 2010 GT already with a tune, cai and flowmaster axle backs. I have about 800-900 to spend on mods and I'm thinking either longtube headers with shorty xpipe or standard length xpipe with some exterior & suspension mods such as halo's, grille, lowering springs, pan hard bar etc. I have so much on my build list don't know what to do next lol. Basically can't decide between performance or appearance. I have no exterior mods at the time so my car looks fairly stock.
ronald_h912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 04:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
After doing lots a reading on here iv found ppl say that suspension is key to making sure your car is planted so when you add other mods to increase HP You don't just spin tire. With that being said I went with lowering springs, control arms and adjustable pan hard bar to get me started. Just got the delivery yesterday tho so I haven't put them on yet.
Staytru06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What brands did you go with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Personally I'm all about performance over beauty. Have you thought about gears? Where is that on your list? I would either do gears or exhaust. Idk much about those engines so I'm not sure how well they respond to long tubes. I know my 5.0 loves them so I know the buy is worth it.

1989 LX, 306 with TF top end kit, Anderson N-21 cam, TKO 600 trans with steel splatter shield,full Maximum Motorsports Mustang maximum Grip box, Detroit locker rear end with 31 spline Moser axles. Staggered wheels with Nitto 555 315/35/17 out back.
89GTstanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:55 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
What's your ultimate goal for your car?.. Because that should help with what you need next!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I told myself after I bought the car I would do most of my perforce first then worry about appearance. I've only had her about 4 months but I'm starting to hate the stock look. I was considering gears but don't want my mpg as this is my only means of transportation besides my bike.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

A moderately fast car I can play around on highway with that sounds good but also looks badass.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:09 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Went with the Eibach lowering springs, and control arms and BMR panhard bar. All said and done I think it all cost me $1100 from AM. Got camber plates too which were 320$ but I can't remember the brand off hand. I also bought a CAI and 85mm throttle body (which some may say is pointless) but those are relatively cheap and won't add much if any HP.
Staytru06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
some rims would look nice on your car or even plasti dip them not to mention its removable and cheap
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion