Blacked out is played out - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
I think if you start to see a specific look as much as the "blacked out/murdered" look, it's because it works. Applying it to your car doesn't make you any less of an enthusiast.

In regards to styling, I HATE chrome. Always have. Not that it's played out, just that it looks awful. I want to look at the car as a whole, rather than have my focus drawn to a mirrored finish on a specific part.

I'm planning on doing the "panda" look to my car eventually. White with black accents and wheels. I'll be getting rid of the chrome pony in the grille, I've already dipped the chrome 5.0 emblems in black. I'm also hoping to be able to do some powder coating or painting to some engine bay parts in a deep, bright purple if I can ever decide on one. It's been done, but it looks good and will still stand out in a crowd and that's fine with me.
Here are some wheels you may like for your idea. You can get the gold ARP hardware done in black. These would be sick!! They are CCW wheels. Its what I'm going to put on my car, just not this design.

1989 LX, 306 with TF top end kit, Anderson N-21 cam, TKO 600 trans with steel splatter shield,full Maximum Motorsports Mustang maximum Grip box, Detroit locker rear end with 31 spline Moser axles. Staggered wheels with Nitto 555 315/35/17 out back.
89GTstanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #72
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
I wanna black mine out a little bit, what would everyone suggest without going overboard?

Here is a photo of mine.

haha pretty hard to black out a car that bright
imo dark tint dark tails and lights and de badged and white rims
would look so fresh. but that's my opinion .. I think a de badged car looks nice! I hate emblems.
KraftDinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89GTstanger View Post

Here are some wheels you may like for your idea. You can get the gold ARP hardware done in black. These would be sick!! They are CCW wheels. Its what I'm going to put on my car, just not this design.
I hate you for making this decision even harder. But I love you for showing me those wheels. Yet I hate you because I know how much those wheels cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftDinner View Post
haha pretty hard to black out a car that bright
imo dark tint dark tails and lights and de badged and white rims
would look so fresh. but that's my opinion .. I think a de badged car looks nice! I hate emblems.
I couldnt do any white rims...ive been think about some AM GT500 replica rims and buying the black 5.0's for my fenders instead of the chrome...
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hate you for making this decision even harder. But I love you for showing me those wheels. Yet I hate you because I know how much those wheels cost.
Haha...lmao!! This is funny as sh*t! The wheels I want are 675$ each, hence the reason I will wait till I get a tax check.

1989 LX, 306 with TF top end kit, Anderson N-21 cam, TKO 600 trans with steel splatter shield,full Maximum Motorsports Mustang maximum Grip box, Detroit locker rear end with 31 spline Moser axles. Staggered wheels with Nitto 555 315/35/17 out back.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:33 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha...lmao!! This is funny as sh*t! The wheels I want are 675$ each, hence the reason I will wait till I get a tax check.
You must have money to burn even if its a tax refund check...
Old 02-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #77
Road Trip!

Quote:
I couldnt do any white rims...ive been think about some AM GT500 replica rims and buying the black 5.0's for my fenders instead of the chrome...

haha that green with white rims would be so dope!. Maybe a bit girly though I guess!... those colors just go together so good. but yeah if not BLack rims, black lights side markers and some tint on window... ... I do like black on cars I just honestly see soooo soooo many blacked out vehicles now days.. black paint and everything else possible. some people even put a light tint on there windshield
Old 02-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #78
Road Trip!

Quote:

Its all in how you look at it. yeah 675 a rim is a crazy amount of money.. but as long as he takes care of them he could potentially have them for the rest of his time with the car!.
So many times I have money to buy something I really want and I hesitate because I figure its a waste of money and before you know it that money I had saved is spent on random stuff and I have nothing to show for the money... I say buy the rims and smile
Old 02-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
haha that green with white rims would be so dope!. Maybe a bit girly though I guess!... those colors just go together so good. but yeah if not BLack rims, black lights side markers and some tint on window... ... I do like black on cars I just honestly see soooo soooo many blacked out vehicles now days.. black paint and everything else possible. some people even put a light tint on there windshield
Ive seen some GHIG's with white stripes and rims on these forums, sometimes it does look good but I think I would have to go with dark gray or black rims...And I dont care for tint at all.. Im very slow to do anything to my Mustang....Ive owned a year already and have only changed the shifter knob and added a GT500 rear spoiler.....
Old 02-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My tax check will get me one wheel with one tire...MAYBE. I jumped up a tax bracket this year. Might be time to take a no-penalty loan against my 401k...
Old 02-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well my tax check is the one time of year I get to buy what I want. That money isn't used for anything but spending on family. This year I used it to buy my car. I had to borrow the money from my bro but I'll pay him back when I get my tax check. We normally get about 9k back.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My tax check will get me one wheel with one tire...MAYBE. I jumped up a tax bracket this year. Might be time to take a no-penalty loan against my 401k...
I owe money since I am self employed But ive got enough saved now to pay cash for a 2015-2016 Mustang GT when they arrive but I will probably give it 1 year before I purchase one but im not selling "Betsy Blue"...
Old 02-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well my tax check is the one time of year I get to buy what I want. That money isn't used for anything but spending on family. This year I used it to buy my car. I had to borrow the money from my vro but I'll pay him back when I get my tax check. We normally get about 9k back.
I feel ya, I purchase very little because I spend most of my money on my daughter and whatever I get for my Mustang is a little bonus for me I suppose...
Old 02-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #84
Road Trip!

[QUOTE=89GTstanger;1938089]Well my tax check is the one time of year I get to buy what I want.

Do what I do and stay single! Then every Christmas, valentines day and pick another day call it a birthday and buy your self stuff you want oh and an anniversary date..
Old 02-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I feel ya, I purchase very little because I spend most of my money on my daughter and whatever I get for my Mustang is a little bonus for me I suppose...
I normally dont buy anything for my car throughout the year. I spoil my daughter when I can. Money isn't kind to us so its pretty tight. I haven't been able to work for the last year but now that I have a car I can't find a job. It is what it is tho. We make due.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=KraftDinner;1938095]
Quote:
Well my tax check is the one time of year I get to buy what I want.

Do what I do and stay single! Then every Christmas, valentines day and pick another day call it a birthday and buy your self stuff you want oh and an anniversary date..
You wont stay single for very long if thats your avatar....
Old 02-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
I wanna black mine out a little bit, what would everyone suggest without going overboard?

Here is a photo of mine.
I wouldn't do too much black on your car... If you look around, nearly every ghig sled has some black accents all over and black wheels...

For wheels, yes they are pricey, but some silver vossen cv3s would look amazing, lower it a touch and throw some green accent pieces in the engine bay and tune it and you would have a clean, tasteful looking ride.

And holy crap to large refunds lol! I'm single with no kids and I don't get ***** for a refund and they tax the hell out of me. Ugh. Better than having a carseat and cheerios in my mustang though I guess lol
dmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=KraftDinner

Do what I do and stay single! Then every Christmas, valentines day and pick another day call it a birthday and buy your self stuff you want oh and an anniversary date..[/QUOTE]

Lol...well I'm past that now. Been married for a few years now.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #89
Road Trip!

[QUOTE=Vintage Iron;1938098]
Quote:

You wont stay single for very long if thats your avatar....
haha yes I will! I choose to be!!.. relationships are over rated its not 1960-1970 anymore everyone breaks up eventually... so at least this way my car will look good
Old 02-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol...well I'm past that now. Been married for a few years now.
I wont say what happened in my marriage but Im now single and I think better off that way but everyone does need someone, thats the truth.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=KraftDinner;1938102]
Quote:

haha yes I will! I choose to be!!.. relationships are over rated its not 1960-1970 anymore everyone breaks up eventually... so at least this way my car will look good
Not everyone breaks up but alot do...

How did we get from murdered out black Mustang's to relationships and tax refunds?...LOL
Old 02-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wont say what happened in my marriage but Im now single and I think better off that way but everyone does need someone, thats the truth.
Well lets just say that more than enough has happened for me to justifiably get a divorce but my daughter keeps me here. Long story that I won't get into here.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well lets just say that more than enough has happened for me to justifiably get a divorce but my daughter keeps me here. Long story that I won't get into here.

They always say the person closest to you will hurt you the most.....Im living proof of that....but anyway back to Mustang's...
Old 02-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #94
Road Trip!

Quote:
Bruh you don't have a job! Should divorce the ratchet and take half her stuff... winnnning
Old 02-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bruh you don't have a job! Should divorce the ratchet and take half her stuff... winnnning
Haha...that's not who I am tho. If we did split up I'd just start over because I wouldn't take from my daughter. I dont like arguing or conflict when my kids are involved. I'm just not that guy.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #96
Road Trip!

Soft like a soup sandwich

... I have black plastidip.. only 2 cans ... I want to plastidip my rims but I don't think it will be enough and its winter might not work out great
Old 02-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

... I have black plastidip.. only 2 cans ... I want to plastidip my rims but I don't think it will be enough and its winter might not work out great
There is a company here in Naples that will plastidip your whole car if you want, or add stripes etc and they have like 25 different colors....I wouldnt do it but alot of people do I suppose.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Probably not. Most of that stuff has to be done in 70 degree weather or warmer. I'm having to wait to do my minor body work till its warmer because it won't cure correctly. I'd imagine the same would go for plasti dip but I've never used it so I can't say for sure.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

LOL to those Cheerios....

Im not sure I could afford those Vossen's....

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well my tax check is the one time of year I get to buy what I want. That money isn't used for anything but spending on family. This year I used it to buy my car. I had to borrow the money from my bro but I'll pay him back when I get my tax check. We normally get about 9k back.
$9k?! How? I get the shaft since I'm 24, no student loans, no military, no children and single.

Quote:
I owe money since I am self employed But ive got enough saved now to pay cash for a 2015-2016 Mustang GT when they arrive but I will probably give it 1 year before I purchase one but im not selling "Betsy Blue"...
I was self employed/contract labor a few years ago and thankfully saved enough receipts to get a microscopic refund, but owed two states so my refund got cut in half. I was too impulsive to wait and wouldn't have got as good of a deal on a '15 as I did on my '14. In hindsight, I should've saved myself $10k and got a '12 but none were on the lot the day I walked in, lol.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #101
Road Trip!

Quote:
There is a company here in Naples that will plastidip your whole car if you want, or add stripes etc and they have like 25 different colors....I wouldnt do it but alot of people do I suppose.
curious how much that costs. I wanted to get my car wrapped but its around 3500 for flat blue so f that
Old 02-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LOL to those Cheerios....

Im not sure I could afford those Vossen's....

Thanks for the suggestions.
No problem and I know what you mean...they are expensive!...but they just look perfect, especially on your car. Hoping some company puts out a more affordable replica soon.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:21 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
$9k?! How? I get the shaft since I'm 24, no student loans, no military, no children and single.

I was self employed/contract labor a few years ago and thankfully saved enough receipts to get a microscopic refund, but owed two states so my refund got cut in half. I was too impulsive to wait and wouldn't have got as good of a deal on a '15 as I did on my '14. In hindsight, I should've saved myself $10k and got a '12 but none were on the lot the day I walked in, lol.
Im gonna let all the hoopla die down on the new Mustang before I order one. I now gotta figure out how to pay for this damn Obamacare....what a joke.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:22 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That has to be expensive.

I just want to cover my gold stripes with a thick flat black stripe and do some orange concave wheels.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarq View Post
No problem and I know what you mean...they are expensive!...but they just look perfect, especially on your car. Hoping some company puts out a more affordable replica soon.
I guess I could get them if I REALLY wanted them but im cheap mannnnn!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion