2013 GT as a daily driver - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Region: Texas
2013 GT as a daily driver

Around April or May, I'm going to start a job that will allow me to afford a car payment of around 450-490 a month. I'm looking to get something that gets decent gas mileage, is RWD and fun. As of right now, I drive an FJ Cruiser 60 miles round trip 4-5 days a week 80% of it being highway at 70 mph. Needless to say, it isn't a great highway vehicle. All types of noise and I can barely squeeze 19 mpg on the highway out of it. Was wondering what kind of drive a 5.0 would offer in terms of wind/road noise, suspension compliance and mpg. Would it be a wise decision or should I look for something more like a challenger (6 speed) or Charger RT? Maybe even the new WRX.

AveryPlaysBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: New Jersey
I have a 13 v6 6sd. Our commutes are comparable. Rides a little bouncy compared to my 3 series before the mustang, but I average 26/27 with regular compared to 24/25 on premium and an additional 100hp even on the 6. If you like the car you should get it. The wrx will have better all season handling and cargo room, but if you're keeping the fj I'd highly recommend the GT.

Mustangs are all about the driver and the experience, I skipped the gt for the 6 since I was putting on heavy miles in traffic and saved me 100/mo on insurance. 300hp is faster then most commuters, but get what u want. (Wrx has lower hp, power to weight ratio, and lower mpg, requires premium. Compared to v6). Just saying.

Good luck looking for your next car!

Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Michigan
I have a 2013 GT and I average about mid 20's MPG and I have everything stock still(not for much longer). I drive about 40 miles total to and from work all highway, and I am usually filling up my gas tank once a week. It all depends on how hard you drive the car as well. If you are doing 70-75 MPH then you should have no prob getting somewhere in the mid 20's MPG.
Unrivaled is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion