i hate the rain!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
i hate the rain!!

Does anyone else feel like mother nature hates it when we clean our cars? My car may be ugly rite now but my wheels are in almost pristine condition so to keep them that way I washed off all the brake dust and road grime. Then I polished them up real good. Clean my widows real well and vacuumed my car. About 6 hours later it started raining and has not stopped. Seems like I can make it rain on demand and all I have to do is clean my car..lol

1989 LX, 306 with TF top end kit, Anderson N-21 cam, TKO 600 trans with steel splatter shield,full Maximum Motorsports Mustang maximum Grip box, Detroit locker rear end with 31 spline Moser axles. Staggered wheels with Nitto 555 315/35/17 out back.
89GTstanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 10:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
You might not get too much sympathy from many of us as our cars are parked for 5 or 6 months and we don't even get to use them. I haven't seen grass since before Thanksgiving...
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I know the feeling bro, happens to me. But yesterday was driving back from a friends house around 9PM, salt and snow on the back of my GT, I was going to clean it in the morning, but then it started raining and washed it away.

It was sketchy on the backroads though, you know how when the rain is warmer than the road that it gets foggy and hazy? That happened, and woods were on both sides, also, the foglights would reflect off the haze, so it was tough to see until I was on a main road.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
You might not get too much sympathy from many of us as our cars are parked for 5 or 6 months and we don't even get to use them. I haven't seen grass since before Thanksgiving...
Lol...well I've never had the luxury of having another vehicle to drive for winter. In the past I've driven my cars year round. Plus, we dont much snow here...just rain 6 months out of the year. Hard to keep anything clean.

1989 LX, 306 with TF top end kit, Anderson N-21 cam, TKO 600 trans with steel splatter shield,full Maximum Motorsports Mustang maximum Grip box, Detroit locker rear end with 31 spline Moser axles. Staggered wheels with Nitto 555 315/35/17 out back.
89GTstanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Even though I washed the Stang yesterday, the rain meant that today I could take out the truck and go sliding.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
During the Summer I park the Mustang outside because the garage is full, so I can really relate to what you are talking about during those months. Sometimes I'm washing the car every couple days if it's more than the detail spray can handle. I hate driving the car around dirty.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Yep, same here. Except until I got OptiCoat. Sh*t sheds dirt so well. All it takes is a heavy rain and I'll get some gloss back if it was super dirty. Last night I just dumped some soapy water on my paint, rinsed it off, then took a drive on the interstate for 20 min. Came home with a dry much cleaner ride (with the drawback of a few water spots) all without touching the paint.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion