Steeda tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Steeda tune

Hey everyone,

I'd like some opinions please. I have a '14 GT with less than 6k miles on it. I was given a Steeda CAI and I am DYING to put it on. I also know I want a Steeda tune on it. I've talked to the guys at Steeda a bit about "warranty issues" and they said they'd "help out if problems occurred," and that their tunes are probably the safest out there.

My questions is should I go ahead and tune it, or wait. Has anyone had issues with Steeda or other brands' tunes?
I'm like a kid the night before Christmas here with this CAI, but I don't want to ruin my warranty so soon....

Waiting to hear what you all think.
dugemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
99% u should be fine, it's rare for something major to happen. More than likely it would've happened within the 1st 1K. I tuned mine at 5k and I never had a blemish of an issue. Steeda is a reputable tuner so u can't go wrong
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Man, I was tripping out whether or not I should tune my stang (2010 GT still under warranty, 19k). When I decided to purchase my Steeda tune, I was tripping out again making sure not to mess up downloading it, transferring it to my SCT device, etc.. Tripping the f*** out the whole time...

Well, everything went fine and I love my Steeda tune. Had it for about 7-10 days now and I haven't had any problems. It feels like a new and very improved version of the stock tune, with no drawbacks in anything (mpg, drivability, etc.).
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
A failure from a tune, particularly our tunes is extremely rare. The tunes we send out are the same tunes used in our Steeda serialized vehicles sold through Ford dealers. Vehicles that are backed by a warranty, hence need to have a tune that is not going to cause us warranty issues.

Should an engine failure occur, we would work with the Ford dealer for proper diagnostics, this would include not only traditional diagnostics but things such as fuel octane testing and other techniques to fully determine the cause of failure. Should it be determined that indeed the tuning was the cause of the engine failure and not abuse, over revving, improper fuel octane, etc, then we would work with the customer on resolving the failure.

Like the sales rep indicated ... we have had 0 issues with our tunes. We know where we can take them in regards to safety & we won't go past that point.

You are in good hands with Steeda.

Let me know if I can help with anything further? You can always reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I'm anxious to try Steeda tune but customer service appears to be at snail pace.
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
How so?

You can always reach me at tim@steeda.com or pm.

You can always call our toll free # too:
TOLL-FREE 1-800-950-0774

If you are sending an email to our gofastaccount ... at times ... our service provider has sent emails to spam and we unfortunately miss them.

Let me know what I can help you with?

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I bought a slightly used, 7k mi 12 GT last year. I did the Steeda power package: SCT, CAI, BOSS manifold, then later I did an off road X pipe and 3.73 gears. Steeda has done 3 tunes for me now, in about a year. Solid reputation and good reviews brought me to them, I am not disappointed! Do it!
Konawin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion