Another day, another problem - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixbanger View Post
lol sorry i'm being a little dramatic with the title of this thread. But seriously, i just started experiencing issues with sync in my 14 v6 and now a new issue is being thrown into the mix.

Note that the car has ~5,100 miles.

Upon cold start, something squeals loudly. It sounds like it could be a belt, or maybe a tensioner, or something like that. Anyways, the squeal slowly dies down as the engine warms and by the time the engine fully warms, the sound completely stops. It's frustrating as hell to drive such a beautiful car...that squeals.

The sound echoes in my parking garage and a guy getting in his car next to me looked over with a puzzled look when i started it. Embarrassing. Haha

i'd attach a video of it squealing but i'm on my phone. Might be able to get it put up later on.
check belt for smooth and/or shine =slipage
gt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt07 View Post
check belt for smooth and/or shine =slipage

They replaced the belt, alternator, and idler pulley.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Well I think that I figured out what was causing the squeaky belt on my truck. The air conditioning compressor pulley was out of alignment. It's held onto the mounting bracket with four long bolts. I loosened them all up and moved the compressor exactly opposite of how it was lined up and the squeak almost completely disappeared. It still does it a tiny bit right at start-up, but I can barely hear it when the hood is closed.
I could probably do a better job lining up the pulley, I kind of did this on a whim, I'd tried everything else so I thought what the hell... it seems to have made a BIG difference!

Keep in mind that this is 20+ year old F250 that I'm talking about. I looked on my New Edge and the A/C compressor mounts the same way, with four bolts. Maybe the accessories on the 3.7 are similar?
Anyways, the pulley alignment is something to look at for you guys with a mysterious, persistent belt squeak.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Good to hear your squeak is mostly resolved. The car will be back at the dealership tomorrow morning. Hopefully they actually fix something this time around.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Good to hear your squeak is mostly resolved. The car will be back at the dealership tomorrow morning. Hopefully they actually fix something this time around.
Sorry to hear the alternator solution didn't help.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
air_commando88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:49 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by air_commando88 View Post
Sorry to hear the alternator solution didn't help.

Ahhh you know how it is. I thought that was definitely it but we'll just have to see.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:10 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Sucks man, I know the feeling of having a new car then something being wrong with it. My brother has a cts v and his started squealing last week as well, we sprayed some of that belt dressing on it and it got worse. Luckily his car just needed a new belt, as soon as we replaced that it was quiet again. Good luck with yours hope it gets resolved.
Red5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. Also forgot to mention that Ford cracked my radiator cover somehow while it was with them. It's got about a 3 inch crack in it which isn't a huge deal but just to add insult to injury...
Old 02-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE & RANT:

I am soooooo upset about this. Let me start from Saturday. As you know, last week I was given the car back unrepaired. Fine, but while I had it, I decided to change the oil just because it was about that time. Changed the oil (Mobil 1) and a FRAM oil filter. I changed the oil Saturday. I took the car back into the dealership Monday (2 days ago). I told them that the squeak was never fixed and still occurs on every single cold start. I also informed them that they have broken my radiator cover. Immediately, they blamed the radiator cover crack on me. I not so politely told them to f*** off. It wasn't me because I hadn't even gone under the hood since the last time it was at the dealer. They caved and said they'd replace it for free.

Now today, I receive a call. The mechanic informs me that it was the FRAM filter that was causing the squeak. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Do you genuinely think I was born without brain cells? So I sarcastically asked him, "tell me this then, how did the filter make my car squeak when it was sitting on the shelf all the way at Autozone?" Seriously, I'd have to be brain dead (like the mechanic) to believe something so stupid. He still insisted that it was the filter and I then told him to give the phone to Greg (the GM who I referred to by first name for the sole purpose of making the mechanic nervous). He transferred me over and miraculously it isn't the filter after all. In fact, there's a new mechanic working on my car as of today. You can take your BS and shove it. I like to think that I'm not *completely* car illiterate, but I just hate to think that their mechanics do this type of s*** to those 60 year old women who drop their cars off at the dealer for repairs. They wouldn't know any different!

Do not lie to me outright...
Old 02-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

That is the most ridiculous thing I have probably ever heard. That guy should never get near a car again!

Old 02-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I haven't even brought mine in yet. Kinda nervous to do so now. Please let us know if you ever get it figured out.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
UPDATE & RANT:

I am soooooo upset about this. Let me start from Saturday. As you know, last week I was given the car back unrepaired. Fine, but while I had it, I decided to change the oil just because it was about that time. Changed the oil (Mobil 1) and a FRAM oil filter. I changed the oil Saturday. I took the car back into the dealership Monday (2 days ago). I told them that the squeak was never fixed and still occurs on every single cold start. I also informed them that they have broken my radiator cover. Immediately, they blamed the radiator cover crack on me. I not so politely told them to f*** off. It wasn't me because I hadn't even gone under the hood since the last time it was at the dealer. They caved and said they'd replace it for free.

Now today, I receive a call. The mechanic informs me that it was the FRAM filter that was causing the squeak. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Do you genuinely think I was born without brain cells? So I sarcastically asked him, "tell me this then, how did the filter make my car squeak when it was sitting on the shelf all the way at Autozone?" Seriously, I'd have to be brain dead (like the mechanic) to believe something so stupid. He still insisted that it was the filter and I then told him to give the phone to Greg (the GM who I referred to by first name for the sole purpose of making the mechanic nervous). He transferred me over and miraculously it isn't the filter after all. In fact, there's a new mechanic working on my car as of today. You can take your BS and shove it. I like to think that I'm not *completely* car illiterate, but I just hate to think that their mechanics do this type of s*** to those 60 year old women who drop their cars off at the dealer for repairs. They wouldn't know any different!

Do not lie to me outright...
Glad to hear you stood your ground. That mechanic should not be working on,around or anywhere near a dealership! For someone to imply an oil filter is causing a noise of any sort should be let go on the spot. I'm extremely lucky to have a great and competent dealer!

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Greg called today. He said that they think that it may be the serpentine belt. I didn't even think of this because I thought that that would have been the first thing they replaced, but apparently it wasn't. So now they ordered a new belt (because apparently they don't have any) and will put it on tomorrow. They said they ran the engine without the belt and it didn't squeak so I guess it's a good contender. I just don't understand how they are doing their guesswork. If it were me, If just replace everything up front. It's not like the parts are hugely expensive. But Greg is finally personally overseeing it so hopefully that puts a firecracker up their asses.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

My 2014 V6 does the same thing as yours SixBanger. I have 4,700 miles on it and it has been squealing on cold start ups since it had 1,000 miles on it, whether it is in 40 degree weather or in the 80s. If the engine hasn't been started in at least 6 hours and is on the cooler side, it squeals. Please keep us informed on what you find, so that I can have my dealership fix the issue as well. I figured the squeal isn't something to be worried about reliability-wise, since the sound disappears after the engine is warmed up, but the sound is embarrassing as hell. There's nothing like getting into a new car and hearing it squeal at you as you pull away from a group of fellow car enthusiasts after bragging about your car all night, LOL.
Eibach Pro Kit, Dual Flowmaster 40 Series Axle Backs, 18" Milanni ZS-1s, 245/45R18 Falken ZE-950 Tires, Smoked Front Marker Lenses, Limo Tint, Pioneer Double Din, Alpine & Kenwood Speakers, 12" Kicker CVRs, Alpine Amps, AM Paint Matched Side View Mirror Caps, LED bulb conversions everywhere , more to come... need to sell OE wheels/tires and suspension first.
SLCKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCKV6 View Post
My 2014 V6 does the same thing as yours SixBanger. I have 4,700 miles on it and it has been squealing on cold start ups since it had 1,000 miles on it, whether it is in 40 degree weather or in the 80s. If the engine hasn't been started in at least 6 hours and is on the cooler side, it squeals. Please keep us informed on what you find, so that I can have my dealership fix the issue as well. I figured the squeal isn't something to be worried about reliability-wise, since the sound disappears after the engine is warmed up, but the sound is embarrassing as hell. There's nothing like getting into a new car and hearing it squeal at you as you pull away from a group of fellow car enthusiasts after bragging about your car all night, LOL.

Exactly. It's just frustrating. At 200,000 miles, sure. At 5, no way. Haha trust me, I'll keep posting updates here. Hopefully we are getting to the end of the line here. And I'm sure it isn't damaging the engine too. After all, the car runs great and sounds great provided that it's warm.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

For some reason I thought they already did the belt. I wouldnt have even mentioned that alternator fix then. I'm sorry man, I can't believe they didn't even look at that first. Are they duplicating the same conditions in which it's happening?

Old 02-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by air_commando88 View Post
For some reason I thought they already did the belt. I wouldnt have even mentioned that alternator fix then. I'm sorry man, I can't believe they didn't even look at that first. Are they duplicating the same conditions in which it's happening?

Yeah, which is essentially why it's taking so long. After the car is warmed up for the day, they have to wait for the next day to continue testing. That coupled with an incompetent mechanic and shoddy guesswork has led to the car being in the shop for the majority of February so far. Lol

And I would have just assumed they would have put a new belt on when the changed the alternator and the other stuff. I mean, I don't claim to be any auto-mechanical expert...but that seems like the logical place to start. I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't be the belt, though. It doesn't sound like belt slip to me... And I also have a suspicion that I won't be seeing my car again until next week.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:36 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

You would think they would have put one on. I can't stand dealerships

Old 02-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Lol.
They're completely guessing.
Haha. NOW they try the belt!?!!
I'll die laughing if that is the problem...
I hope that it is so that you don't have to keep going through this little "circus" that they seem to be running at this dealership service dept.

Have you mentioned to them about possibly checking the pulley alignment? Particularly the air conditioning compressor?
Old 02-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Another day, another problem

Haven't mentioned the compressor but I I shouldn't have to mention the pulley alignment (?) because they removed the pulley at one point and put it back on after lubricating the ball bearings (or at least this is my current understanding of the recent happenings at the funny farm formally known as the Ford Service Dept.).

If it's the belt I'm going to take it off the car and strangle someone with it. Lol

One thing is for damn sure, I am not going to pick the car back up until they are 200% sure that the squeak is gone. No more of this "we'll give it to you knowing that it isn't fixed in hopes that you forget all about the problem and the fact that we didn't fix it."

But hell, they can throw their money at it all day. All of the unnecessary repairs they do (ex, the alternator) ain't coming outta my pocket amigo.

They made three critical mistakes in handling the situation:

1. They didn't assume that I knew their boss.
2. They thought I didn't knew a thing about my car.
3. They thought I was a chump.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

FINAL UPDATE:

Sorry I didn't tell everyone what happened earlier. It's been a busy few days. Saturday, I got a call from the Ford tech. I didn't answer and she left a message. It went something like this...

"Hi Josh, we replaced the serpentine belt on your Mustang yesterday. We didn't hear anything this morning so we think it's all fixed."

Well, that's just not good enough my friend. I called her back and asked her if she was "100% sure" that it didn't squeak. She hesitantly said yes. So I went down to the dealership to pick it up for the second time. I drove it home and went to bed knowing that the next morning would either make me very happy or put me in a mental hospital. I woke up the next morning and before I even brushed my teeth or ate breakfast, I went out to start the car up. No squeak. I'LL REPEAT THAT, no squeak. The issue was...a squeaky belt. It took Ford the better half of February...to fix a squeaky belt. Ya know, god forbid something actually goes wrong with my car, I might be dead and in the grave before they give it back to me.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
FINAL UPDATE:

Sorry I didn't tell everyone what happened earlier. It's been a busy few days. Saturday, I got a call from the Ford tech. I didn't answer and she left a message. It went something like this...

"Hi Josh, we replaced the serpentine belt on your Mustang yesterday. We didn't hear anything this morning so we think it's all fixed."

Well, that's just not good enough my friend. I called her back and asked her if she was "100% sure" that it didn't squeak. She hesitantly said yes. So I went down to the dealership to pick it up for the second time. I drove it home and went to bed knowing that the next morning would either make me very happy or put me in a mental hospital. I woke up the next morning and before I even brushed my teeth or ate breakfast, I went out to start the car up. No squeak. I'LL REPEAT THAT, no squeak. The issue was...a squeaky belt. It took Ford the better half of February...to fix a squeaky belt. Ya know, god forbid something actually goes wrong with my car, I might be dead and in the grave before they give it back to me.
In all honesty, I hope for your mental state that nothing "really" goes wrong with your ride. While everyone that has a new car doesn't want problems with it, a " squeak" almost sent you off the deep end. Lol.I am glad they fixed it for you.

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

I think, FastFord, the frustration stemmed from the fact that this should have been a relatively easy problem to fix. SixBanger's car was in the shop a LOT over this problem. If I had a new car like that, you're damned straight that I wouldn't put up with a squeaky belt either...

Glad you finally got it fixed SB.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I think, FastFord, the frustration stemmed from the fact that this should have been a relatively easy problem to fix. SixBanger's car was in the shop a LOT over this problem. If I had a new car like that, you're damned straight that I wouldn't put up with a squeaky belt either...

Glad you finally got it fixed SB.
Agreed, but IMO it was nothing to get that worked up over. Yes it sucks that a car has to go into shop multiple times for the same issue, and yes it should have never taken that long to fix something like that, the car wasn't leaving him stranded on the side of the road, or not starting half the time leaving him stranded, nor was it at all a safety issue. Yes it sucks but not enough to get that worked up. Im glad they finally did fix it for him.Just my 2¢. Also I had a problem with my car 3 weeks after I bought it, I started to hear this god awful sound coming from the front end over bumps. I took it back to the dealer I bought it from and they check it out and said they rechecked everything in the front end and it was fine. So the next day it did it again so I took it to another dealer, explained what the car was doing and sounding like and within 5 minutes the manager came back and said the front lower control arms have to be replaced due to bad hydra bushings!? I said "really?" He also said that its not a safety issue but the parts are on back order and would take over a month to receive them. It sucked and it was embarrassing that my car made this cheap clunking, engine falling out of the car sound but its is under warranty, and was eventually fixed, 40 days later, no need to get bent out of shape. If I was in the OPs position I would have simply gone to another dealer after the first or second time if the squeak was bothering me that much A reasons like "its a loose oil filter causing it" would have set alarm bells off and would have given me zero confidence in their ability to repair what was wrong. Btw a phone call to ford USA/Canada always helps to speed things up especially in his position.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Agreed, but IMO it was nothing to get that worked up over. Yes it sucks that a car has to go into shop multiple times for the same issue, and yes it should have never taken that long to fix something like that, the car wasn't leaving him stranded on the side of the road, or not starting half the time leaving him stranded, nor was it at all a safety issue. Yes it sucks but not enough to get that worked up. Im glad they finally did fix it for him.Just my 2¢. Also I had a problem with my car 3 weeks after I bought it, I started to hear this god awful sound coming from the front end over bumps. I took it back to the dealer I bought it from and they check it out and said they rechecked everything in the front end and it was fine. So the next day it did it again so I took it to another dealer, explained what the car was doing and sounding like and within 5 minutes the manager came back and said the front lower control arms have to be replaced due to bad hydra bushings!? I said "really?" He also said that its not a safety issue but the parts are on back order and would take over a month to receive them. It sucked and it was embarrassing that my car made this cheap clunking, engine falling out of the car sound but its is under warranty, and was eventually fixed, 40 days later, no need to get bent out of shape. If I was in the OPs position I would have simply gone to another dealer after the first or second time. A reasons like "its a loose oil filter causing it" would have set alarm bells off and would have given me zero confidence in their ability to repair what was wrong. Btw a phone call to ford USA/Canada always helps to speed things up especially in his position.

You're a more patient man than I. Lol Like straybullitt says, it wasn't the squeak alone. It was the incompetence, them giving me the car unfixed the first time, the bs excuses, the time it took to actually fix, etc. But I've already discussed this stuff ad nauseam. I was never serious about getting furiously upset anyways, btw. Lol Just bringing a little humor into a crap situation.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Agreed, but IMO it was nothing to get that worked up over. Yes it sucks that a car has to go into shop multiple times for the same issue, and yes it should have never taken that long to fix something like that, the car wasn't leaving him stranded on the side of the road, or not starting half the time leaving him stranded, nor was it at all a safety issue. Yes it sucks but not enough to get that worked up. Im glad they finally did fix it for him.Just my 2¢. Also I had a problem with my car 3 weeks after I bought it, I started to hear this god awful sound coming from the front end over bumps. I took it back to the dealer I bought it from and they check it out and said they rechecked everything in the front end and it was fine. So the next day it did it again so I took it to another dealer, explained what the car was doing and sounding like and within 5 minutes the manager came back and said the front lower control arms have to be replaced due to bad hydra bushings!? I said "really?" He also said that its not a safety issue but the parts are on back order and would take over a month to receive them. It sucked and it was embarrassing that my car made this cheap clunking, engine falling out of the car sound but its is under warranty, and was eventually fixed, 40 days later, no need to get bent out of shape. If I was in the OPs position I would have simply gone to another dealer after the first or second time if the squeak was bothering me that much A reasons like "its a loose oil filter causing it" would have set alarm bells off and would have given me zero confidence in their ability to repair what was wrong. Btw a phone call to ford USA/Canada always helps to speed things up especially in his position.

Screw that.. I drop 30k on a car and it's in the shop for most of a whole month over a squeaky belt... I'd be pissed too. During that month you can smell the money burning off the car from depreciation and you're not even getting to drive it XD

I don't blame ya for being pissed. I would be too

Screw that..

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:12 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just glad it's all squared away now. The day I got it back was also a 65 degree day, so it was perfect. Drove the gf to a park next to Reagan Nat'l airport (a hop, skip, and a jump away) to watch the planes take off and land for a while. Then we just cruised around the city. Great way to get the car back.

This may not shed too much light on what may be causing other peoples' squeaky 3.7s, but there's a lesson to be learned...Always check the belts first.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:01 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm just glad it's all squared away now. The day I got it back was also a 65 degree day, so it was perfect. Drove the gf to a park next to Reagan Nat'l airport (a hop, skip, and a jump away) to watch the planes take off and land for a while. Then we just cruised around the city. Great way to get the car back.

This may not shed too much light on what may be causing other peoples' squeaky 3.7s, but there's a lesson to be learned...Always check the belts first.
Is there another dealer where you can get your car serviced and repaired if necessary in the area? The dealer where I bought my car was also pretty incompetent so I changed dealers and they they have been great. I think that would be a good idea if at all possible.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:03 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Screw that.. I drop 30k on a car and it's in the shop for most of a whole month over a squeaky belt... I'd be pissed too. During that month you can smell the money burning off the car from depreciation and you're not even getting to drive it XD

I don't blame ya for being pissed. I would be too

Screw that..
Lol, ok.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:02 AM   #65
Admin

Supporter
Admin

After reading through all this, I figured you were going to tell me that the dealership informed you that the FRAM oil filter caused the belt to become faulty!

On another note, you mentioned something about 60 year old ladies being taken advantaged of. I'd have to say that might be slim, as I do not know of any 60 year old ladys that change their own oil!

And by the way, ditch those FRAM filters. Use the FoMoCo filters. They rate way higher then the FRAM's do.

Glad though that the squeak is gone. However, it might be time to locate a new dealership, as this one has left a sour taste with you. I surley do not understand why they did not suspect the belt prior to replacing an alternator. The mechanic will have some explaining to do on the warranty papers that get sent to Ford regional for re-embursment on that one.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:07 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
After reading through all this, I figured you were going to tell me that the dealership informed you that the FRAM oil filter caused the belt to become faulty!

On another note, you mentioned something about 60 year old ladies being taken advantaged of. I'd have to say that might be slim, as I do not know of any 60 year old ladys that change their own oil!

And by the way, ditch those FRAM filters. Use the FoMoCo filters. They rate way higher then the FRAM's do.

Lol Bucko. No I don't mean that they'd specifically get taken advantage of because they put an oil filter on their cars, but just because they took their car in the dealership for anything. Haha point noted about the FoMoCo filters. I'll have to check into them.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:19 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Bucko is correct, changing dealers will clearly avoid future headaches when it comes to repairing your vehicle. Its worth traveling further if necessary for piece of mind.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #68
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Ya, I knew what you meant; I just read into your response a bit too deep. For a moment, I was visualizing my grandmother under her 2014 Mustang, changing out the oil filter. Then I realized how cool that would be! I'd certainly post a picture of that here on the site!

Glad it's fixed for you, and thanks for sharing the situation. A new car should never have a squeal to it, and we should never have to use any time of spray or dressing to quiet it.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:45 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post

And by the way, ditch those FRAM filters. Use the FoMoCo filters. They rate way higher then the FRAM's

+1
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
FINAL UPDATE:

I'm glad that you were able to get this resolved. My car is going into Ford for its first oil change very soon, since it just hit 5k on the odometer and I am going to have them change my belt out as well and hope that fixes my squeak as well.
Eibach Pro Kit, Dual Flowmaster 40 Series Axle Backs, 18" Milanni ZS-1s, 245/45R18 Falken ZE-950 Tires, Smoked Front Marker Lenses, Limo Tint, Pioneer Double Din, Alpine & Kenwood Speakers, 12" Kicker CVRs, Alpine Amps, AM Paint Matched Side View Mirror Caps, LED bulb conversions everywhere , more to come... need to sell OE wheels/tires and suspension first.
SLCKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion