Got a screaming good deal on a new 3650 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Got a screaming good deal on a new 3650

Shop rebuilt 3650 with all TSBs done. 60 day warranty, $895 plus $180 shipping to a residence. No core return required. Seller has 100% feedback with over 2k transactions and I talked to someone who got a transmission from them last year who confirmed they are good.

Still have to buy an extended range speedcal, OSS sensor, maybe a pivot ball cup and a 3650 shifter so figure another $200-$300 but I know I can sell my t45, shifter and regular speedcal for more than that. I should be at the $1k mark when all is said and done.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Congrates! How much for your speed cal? Lol
royalpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

I dunno, $75 shipped? Going to be a few weeks before I yank the trans though. No idea how long it'll be for this to come in and then I have to get the car up on jackstands and prep. Need to do it pretty soon though, have to test it out before the 60 day warranty period is up.

Edit: I should probably go pop the shifter bezel off and look for a part number because with my great luck this one the PO put in IS the ER version lol.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Trans arrived today via truck freight. Only way to properly ship a trans IMO, if you go with UPS/FedEx you better pack it yourself because those retards use packing peanuts if they pack it and no pallet. Ask me how I know this...

Anyway.

Looks good especially for the price I paid.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Trans arrived today via truck freight. Only way to properly ship a trans IMO, if you go with UPS/FedEx you better pack it yourself because those retards use packing peanuts if they pack it and no pallet. Ask me how I know this...

Anyway.

Looks good especially for the price I paid.
That's awesome
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Great Score Man! I need to be looking for one for my 02 GT. Second is pretty much a no go now...
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:23 AM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

IIRC these guys run this special every year right at tax time but they're long sold out of them. Honestly I'd just pull yours, take it to a good trans shop that can put in writing the TSBs are all getting done and get it rebuilt. You can also try a better fluid and making sure you are not overfilling in the meantime. They came overfilled from the factory which is was not a good thing.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:45 AM   #8
Road Trip!

That's a good deal Scotty. Are you dropping it in your sn95 or is it for another project you have going?

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
IIRC these guys run this special every year right at tax time but they're long sold out of them. Honestly I'd just pull yours, take it to a good trans shop that can put in writing the TSBs are all getting done and get it rebuilt. You can also try a better fluid and making sure you are not overfilling in the meantime. They came overfilled from the factory which is was not a good thing.
I already have the heavyduty shift forks for it so I really just need a good core as I can do the overhaul myself. I grew up around cars tranmissions to be exact as my Dad owns his own transmission shop so the tools are there I just need a core to build and then swap them out to minimize the down time of my car.
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well there are cores all over the place, just post up "wanted-3650 core" on all the Mustang classifieds sites. I know there is a guy 45 minutes from me in NJ who has an 02 core that he's letting go for $150.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:59 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
That's a good deal Scotty. Are you dropping it in your sn95 or is it for another project you have going?

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
Nope, this is for the 98, only stang as of right now. Too much other stuff going on, I might not even get a Supercharger on this season like I want... $3k+ for that or $300 for some used cams, install/degree myself and then have a tune burnt for my QH or learn myself for around 300 to the wheels as a driver.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What clutch are you going to use?
straybullitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

The one in the car with 5k on it. Its a KC clutch, 0 reason to change it out at all.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome!
Lots of life left in that...
Old 02-22-2014, 11:21 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yep now I just have to get this damn thing going. Keep getting sidetracked with other stuff, need to go get a 3/8 NPT tap for the new intake's crossover, get the damn intake on and then get this trans in as the 60 day warranty is ticking...

Old 02-22-2014, 11:26 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, you'll have to put some miles on that baby in the next couple months. Has the weather been good enough for Mustang drivin'?
Old 02-23-2014, 01:08 AM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

That would be a big hell no. Perpetual snow since early january... It would have been great today and tomorrow but this week is supposed to be snowy and cold again. Figure I can start driving it daily in about another month. Also don't want to drive with the 555Rs out back until it gets above 40 consistently. But def need to break this trans in that's for sure.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

The weather in NJ has been terrible for sure. I have been driving my SUV full time as well.

That looks like a heck of a deal. I initially thought an eBay Trans might be a risk but I bought one for my Wrangler before I sold it and it was perfect. I guess it is just another method for the shop to move product. I'd 100% do another eBay trans if the need arises.

Good luck with it, post up after install how it works.
surfinglbi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff

I was sketch on ordering one from ebay too but I got the name of the shop, researched them, talked to ppl who have their transmissions and talked to the shop as well and it all seems legit. Sure looks legit, came packed professionally and they used a good carrier. This isn't some dude rebuilding transmissions in his garage, this is a for realz trans shop with all the bells/whistles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion