1966 project revised!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
1966 project revised!!

So since I was about 10 years old we have had a REALLY rough 1966 fastback sitting around as a project car. It was supposed to be a father/son project type of thing, but after my dad tore some vertebrae in his back and had to stop working, the money really limited what we could do. Well, im 17 now and have a job, and he is starting to use his mechanical skills (worked with cars for over 40 years) to earn a little money here and there. He still isnt in good enough shape to hold a full time job doing it, however. But we now have enough to begin working on the car again.
The body is horrible. I mean horrible. We just finished ordering all of the replacememt body metal that will be needed and it totalled about $400. The engine is in pretty nice shape, its the 289 high performance by the way, and the interior is so-so at best.
However, the best news so far, is that he has told me that whenever the car is finished, ITS MINE!!! I feel like the luckiest teenager in the world haha. I already own a little 2000 v6 mustang, and ill soon be able to add a 1966 fastback! Ive included pictures of the car as it sits, and the way itll hopefully look when done. Probably gonna go with black, since some of the interior is in nice shape and its already black. I THINK the car was originally red, maybe, but its been repainted at least three different times from previous owners. So yeah, just wanted to share my excitememt haha. Oh, and ill attatch a picture of my current v6. I always jump at an opportunity to show it off since its the first car ive ever paid for, im proud of it haha!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1391906884701.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	147379   Click image for larger version

Name:	1391906898188.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	147380  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1391907003967.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	147381  
black_stang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Good luck young man! That's a beautiful car to restore with your dad; he must be proud. Good job
chub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Nice! My grandpa has a red 65 vert that he said is mine whenever I want it. I don't have the funds to fix it up though. It is, for the most part, all okay. The convertible top works, the engine is relatively new, the interior so acceptable. It would just need some tuning and a new paint job. gets me excited just talking about it. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Nice! My grandpa has a red 65 vert that he said is mine whenever I want it. I don't have the funds to fix it up though. It is, for the most part, all okay. The convertible top works, the engine is relatively new, the interior so acceptable. It would just need some tuning and a new paint job. gets me excited just talking about it. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion