Roush Supercharger Install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Roush Supercharger Install

Im starting to looking around for a shop to install the Roush Stage 1 Supercharger. I want to keep my warranty, so I need a certified installer to do the work. I live in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge area. Has anyone had a shop around here do the install for them?

Stang Hi gave me a quote of around $7400 + tax, saying it also comes with a boost gauge and they can tweak the tune. Isn't the pcm sent off for programming? Does the supercharger come with a ProCal? How would they be able to adjust the tune?

I can get the blower shipped to my door for $5500. Am I better off just going to a local Ford Dealer for the install? Stang Hi said it would be an additional $500 if I didnt buy the blower through them...so around $2k for the install alone. Seems high to me?

Ill be spending a week in Houston during the summer..not sure if there are some better shops there.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 09:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Those are all high for labor.

Even Roush only charges like $900 for labor.

Honestly, from what I've seen and from people that have done it themselves, it isn't as bad as you might think. You'll have to grind down a few bosses on the timing cover. But that is the hardest part.

And yes, you ship your PCM to Roush (prepaid next day).

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
Those are all high for labor.

Even Roush only charges like $900 for labor.

Honestly, from what I've seen and from people that have done it themselves, it isn't as bad as you might think. You'll have to grind down a few bosses on the timing cover. But that is the hardest part.

And yes, you ship your PCM to Roush (prepaid next day).
Id do the work myself, but I want to retain the powertrain warranty through Roush. From what Ive seen it takes between 8-10hrs for the install, so I figure $1000 at most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I'm also in the BR area and I've met the owner of Stang Hi and he showed me around the shop. Looks like they know what they are doing but they do charge a lot.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
I'm also in the BR area and I've met the owner of Stang Hi and he showed me around the shop. Looks like they know what they are doing but they do charge a lot.
Yeah, I let him do my exhaust and suspension so far, just think his pricing is way off on the supercharger
Old 02-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2771 View Post
Yeah, I let him do my exhaust and suspension so far, just think his pricing is way off on the supercharger
If you don't mind me asking, what did you have done suspension wise and how much did it cost?
Old 02-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, what did you have done suspension wise and how much did it cost?
Total was around $1300 I believe, roush lowering springs and upper/lower control arms. That included an alignment
Old 02-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Total was around $1300 I believe, roush lowering springs and upper/lower control arms. That included an alignment
Holy mother f*cker... I plan on doing shocks/struts/springs/strut mounts/panhard rod/swaybar kit, parts alone would be ~$1400 I wonder how much they'd charge for labor.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:53 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's easy to set your own crazy prices when you're one of the only reputable mustang specific shops in Louisiana.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Holy mother f*cker... I plan on doing shocks/struts/springs/strut mounts/panhard rod/swaybar kit, parts alone would be ~$1400 I wonder how much they'd charge for labor.
shouldn't be anymore than the labor on mine, parts were around $850, $100 alignment. So about $350 for install.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
You'll soon void the warranty with a custom tune because the roush calibration is garbage. Trial and error.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yup the 625 roush tune will get its *** handed to itself, by a Full exhaust/bolton 5.0 with a real dyno tune.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
You'll soon void the warranty with a custom tune because the roush calibration is garbage. Trial and error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Yup the 625 roush tune will get its *** handed to itself, by a Full exhaust/bolton 5.0 with a real dyno tune.
Quoted for truth.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Quoted for truth.
Im sure I will swap out to the Phase 3 and a custom dyno tune down the road.

I highly doubt a bolton 5.0 would beat a Roush Phase 2 supercharged mustang. Best Ive seen a bolton 5.0 put down is around 450rwhp and the torque isnt anywhere near to being close
Old 02-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im sure I will swap out to the Phase 3 and a custom dyno tune down the road.

I highly doubt a bolton 5.0 would beat a Roush Phase 2 supercharged mustang. Best Ive seen a bolton 5.0 put down is around 450rwhp and the torque isnt anywhere near to being close
Here we go with someone thinking #'s mean everything. A Full bolton/ exhaust 5.0 with a good dyno tune would destroy a phase 2 and a phase 3. Roush Tunes are slow as balls. You will get your *** handed to you with a roush tune bud.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Here we go with someone thinking #'s mean everything. A Full bolton/ exhaust 5.0 with a good dyno tune would destroy a phase 2 and a phase 3. Roush Tunes are slow as balls. You will get your *** handed to you with a roush tune bud.

I doubt anyone would bother using the Roush tune on a Phase 2 or 3. Im just getting the Phase 1 for now to retain my warranty.

What kind of bolt-ons are we talking about? Because the people that Ive talked to sid they regretted even getting bolt-ons when swithcing to a Roush blower
Old 02-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Vmp is alot better option then the roush blower. Its ported and has alot better cooling setup vs the roush. Boltons just Full exhaust. Cai. Boss or cobra jet mani. If you stay boss then a acufab throttle Body. Has shown the best gains over anyother ones.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I once got quoted 2k for the install I said eff that took a few nights but in the end my baby whines
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Im starting to looking around for a shop to install the Roush Stage 1 Supercharger. I want to keep my warranty, so I need a certified installer to do the work. I live in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge area. Has anyone had a shop around here do the install for them?

Stang Hi gave me a quote of around $7400 + tax, saying it also comes with a boost gauge and they can tweak the tune. Isn't the pcm sent off for programming? Does the supercharger come with a ProCal? How would they be able to adjust the tune?

I can get the blower shipped to my door for $5500. Am I better off just going to a local Ford Dealer for the install? Stang Hi said it would be an additional $500 if I didnt buy the blower through them...so around $2k for the install alone. Seems high to me?

Ill be spending a week in Houston during the summer..not sure if there are some better shops there.
Those labor charges are super expensive!! You can honestly go to a ford dealership and pay 900-1300 for an install and warranty. That price is still good too
Old 02-14-2014, 05:45 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Justin from the VMP will charge you $1000 to install and dyno tune

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Why don't you contact Roush Directly and ask them for a list of authorized installers in your area?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #22
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Why don't you contact Roush Directly and ask them for a list of authorized installers in your area?
Stop this madness right now!
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion