Thinking about suspension upgrades - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Thinking about suspension upgrades

I think my 2010 GT has more than enough power, so I'm not really planning on doing anything to change that at this time. I am interested in helping keep that power going in the direction that I intend. More often than not, if I really hammer on the throttle in first or second, the rear end starts sliding out to the right. It comes right back in line if I get off the throttle, but accelerating less quickly is counter to what I'm trying to achieve here, so I figure some suspension upgrades are in order.

I've read a lot about wheel hop and that replacing rear LCAs will eliminate that, which I haven't yet experienced, but I'll go with prevention in lieu of experiencing it myself first. I really don't know much about suspension geometry, so I don't know what upgrades would be best.

Drag racing isn't really on the horizon. I mean, sure I think one day I might head out to the strip just to see if I can post a decent time, but my interest is more in line with either road course racing or autocross, so I'd like to try to get a suspension setup that would help me in that area if I ever get up the courage to try it out.

Any recommendations on parts and brands would be most appreciated

Shuvool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Georgia

Look no further than Steeda for your suspension needs. The UCA is one of the main enemies when it comes to wheel hop. There is a video on youtube that shows the UCA in real time ... and you can definitely see the drawbacks. The UCA paired with the LCA will give you the necessary equipment to get rid of wheel hop and plant the back end.

If you are looking for a great road set-up ... then we have this package:

Best Regards,

tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion