Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Lowering my Mustang

930 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  smittybat 
#1 ·
Just wondering how easy it is to lower my 2012 v6. Is it something I could mess up? I don't have that much experience and don't wanna risk getting my alignment messed up, but if its simple enough I'm interested.

#2 ·
If u wanna do it the right way & get everything back into spec it's gonna cost. Sure u can slap some lowering springs on & call it a day but the rest of ur car will compensate elsewhere! U might or might now see problems down the road.

#3 ·
When lowering your car, you're changing the geometry of your suspension. It's going to mess with your alignment no matter what. It's just a different amount of change depending on how far the drop is. If you're just looking for a slight drop, like one inch or so, some camber bolts should be all you need to get your front tires back within spec. Maybe an adjustable panhard bar depending on how far your rear axle shifts. Any more than that, and it will require more to readjust your alignment and pinion angle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.