Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Should I get this 05 3v?

10K views 97 replies 19 participants last post by  mystang50 
#1 ·
Well first things first, I'm joel and I'm glad to join this cool site :)
Iv always been a big fan of ls cars, but deep down I'm a ford guy. Anyways, I found this 05 5 speed mustang at the dealer ship. It has a carbon fiber hood, lowered, has some nice American racing rims, has 285's all around Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive lighting
. I test drove it the other day and oh boy does she sound mean..apperantly it's straight piped, the exhaust tips at the end say ford racing? Anyways I think the dealers askin a little too much. The thing about it that scares me is the miles. It reads 120k. They were asking 15 ford it, and I brought then down to 12. I still feel I'm getting ripped off. Should I go in next time with cash and see if they'll bite, or should I look elsewhere? Anyways any opinions or tips in looking for a 3v I'd appreciate thanks.

See less See more
#62 ·
Lol lack of knowledge please expkain? Its fully built not tuned buddy. You just got your ass handed to you by everyone on this thread for saying stuff you have no clue about. "Keeping motor stock for resale value" come on man lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#67 ·
Bro, rapinator would destroy you.

#71 ·
x2!!! :lmao:

#74 ·
Glad i could provide some entertainment. Im not saying by any means that mr. Rape is not adequate in his knowledge, just that a young guy like me who doesnt yet have the financial backing knows a thing or two and will continue to talk **** to big guys like him! Lol

#82 ·
all I can say is wooow.... :nonono:

#89 ·
So then knowing the 2011 V6 performance specs are very close to the previous year GT, tell me again why its not good to compare them?

#90 ·
he's gonna need a ladder to get outa this whole

#91 · (Edited)
I should of been more clear, I was talking about the 2010 GT (3v + new body) vs. the 11'+ V6, and whether or not you'd choose between the two. I do agree with you though on the pricing of the aforementioned Mustangs. 2010 and 2011 GT's shouldn't even be close in price.

The 2010 GT makes 315 HP / 325 TQ. The 2011 V6 makes 305 HP / 280 TQ. Without modification to each, the 2010 GT still wins. Just for clarification; nothing else needs to be said further on this topic.

Moving on... As far as sound goes; like you said, you may be able to get close to a V8's sound, but it still doesn't sound like a real V8. It's just my personal preference. I also don't like 'bastardizing' vehicles, it just doesn't sit right with me. I will say though, the 3.7 does pull it off somewhat. 05'-09' V6's though, makes me sick.

#92 ·
I wouldn't mind owning a 10 3v though. The last car of a certain model is usually the best one you can get. My car is an 04 and has all the best stuff from the 2v cuz they had everything figured out already.

Just like I'm assuming the '10 has all the best 3v stuff as well as the most power from a 3v.

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®

#95 ·
Then you'd want a 2009, the 2010 was a one off year. 05-09 drivetrain in the 2011-2014 body/interior.

And yes the 2010 3V still beats the 3.7L but its not so far apart as one would think, not like it used to be. Biggest problem with the 2010 3V is, like I said, owners want KBB for them and they aren't worth anywhere near close to that.

#96 ·
I'd think the 2010 would be the most polished year. Most polished 3v and there were really no issues that popped up with the new body or suspension that were fixed down the road, just minor improvements. And I view the one-off aspect as a rarity or just a positive thing.

#98 ·
get me one while your at it!!! ;)

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

get me one while your at it!!! ;)
or a 5.0, boss, Shelby...idc I won't complain :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.