Should I get this 05 3v? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2014, 11:22 PM   #36
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by kila07GT View Post
Nothing beats the sound of the V8 4.6 3V, stock or tuned. 6's are wanabe Mustang drivers with their automatics
While I agree with that fact that nothing compares to the sound of a V8, I see no point in the second part of your comment. Why bash V6 and autos? The new 6ers are no joke and automatic transmissions have come a long way. I know they aren't as fun, but they're fast.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 11:37 PM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
The new 6'ers put out about the same power as the 3V lol, no reason to bash those, maybe the 10-down V6... As for bashing autos. Anyone who bashes an auto has never been to a dragstrip.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:41 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Nothing beats the sound of the V8 4.6 3V, stock or tuned. 6's are wanabe Mustang drivers with their automatics
The 3vs sound like crap for 1. For 2. The new v6's can Send your 3v into a corner crying. You must be a race car driver with that manual huh.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
The 3vs sound like crap for 1. For 2. The new v6's can Send your 3v into a corner crying. You must be a race car driver with that manual huh.

Love this guy^^ lol
No ****s given when telling it how it is lol

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:18 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1 although I love manual, it's more fun - the autos aren't awful. Saying v6's aren't mustangs is just ignorant though. The V8 sounds beautiful, and is awesome to have but there is plenty of scenarios that havin the v6 is a great option.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:34 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
The 4.6 and 3.7 are very close, stock for stock, the 4.6 wins. Now going FI, I've heard the stock 4.6 gets unsafe at 500 hp, can't the 3.7 stand a little bit more? Really uneducated when it comes to this.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:29 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not to be rude or anything, but you must be one of those guys who owns a V6 and thinks they are the ****. Word for word if you think the 3v sounds like crap you should get your ears checked and secondly if your taking 10 up how bout pitting your beast of a 6 against the 5.0's. But hey if your driving ill take my chances with the 3v
kila07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:38 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Should I get this 05 3v?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
+1 although I love manual, it's more fun - the autos aren't awful. Saying v6's aren't mustangs is just ignorant though. The V8 sounds beautiful, and is awesome to have but there is plenty of scenarios that havin the v6 is a great option.

Agreed! Wasnt saying it wasnt a Stang, but in most cases it is the entry level car. I have nothing against auto's and own quite a few cars and trucks that id prefer only in auto for the sheer acceleration and the seamless shifting between gears without the loss of torque.I race both cars and jeeps offroad and have extensive knowledge of both types of trannys. Sorry if i offended you but there are alot of posers oit there who think they can drive but you behind a stick and they dont know what the third pedal is for
Old 02-25-2014, 03:41 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Agreed! Wasnt saying it wasnt a Stang, but in most cases it is the entry level car. I have nothing against auto's and own quite a few cars and trucks that id prefer only in auto for the sheer acceleration and the seamless shifting between gears without the loss of torque. I race both cars and jeeps offroad and have extensive knowledge of both types of trannys. Sorry if i offended you but there are alot of posers oit there who think they can drink but you behind a stick and they dont know what the third pedal is for
Old 02-25-2014, 03:45 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
6's are wanabe Mustang drivers with their automatics

"Wasnt saying it wasnt a stang" lol ok
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:52 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

For the 2013 V6 owners

1. Install 3.73 rear end gears for better off the line acceleration. (requires an aftermarket tune to re calibrate the speedometer settings) Ford can only re-calibrate your computer for gears that were optional on your car. An aftermarket tune could cause warranty issues if they can prove that the tune caused your engine problems. Ford will install 3.31 gears and re calibrate your computer, but they will only cover your gears under a separate, shorter warranty, because your car did not leave the factory with the optional 3.31 gears. Each step up in gears will cost you in freeway gas mileage. 3.31 gears= 1 to 1.5 mpg less. 3.55 gears=1.5 to 2 mpg less. 3.73 gears= 2 to 3 mpg less.

2.Buy an aftermarket tuner, for more aggressive tuning, better shifting if you have an auto trans and it removes the 115mph speed limiter. This will allow the car to about 140 to 150 mph. Note: You might want to buy a one piece aluminum drive shaft if you plan on driving the car that fast. You will also need Z rated tires. Again, warrantee issues for obvious reasons.
3. Install CAI Cold Air Induction. Most aftermarket tuners can be purchased with tunes for CAI. Note: There aren't any California legal CAI kits for this car, yet. So, be prepared to switch back to the stock intake, every two years, to pass smog.
4. Install aftermarket headers and off road X pipes. Note: not legal in California.

The gears, aftermarket tuner and CAI should allow you to beat stock 2005 - 2009 GTs. You should make about 320hp to 330hp at the crank and the 3.73 gears will give you a good pull off the line.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:54 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
"Wasnt saying it wasnt a stang" lol ok

Precisely. If you can read it says mustang drivers
Old 02-25-2014, 03:57 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Should I get this 05 3v?

Quote:
Not to be rude or anything, but you must be one of those guys who owns a V6 and thinks they are the ****. Word for word if you think the 3v sounds like crap you should get your ears checked and secondly if your taking 10 up how bout pitting your beast of a 6 against the 5.0's. But hey if your driving ill take my chances with the 3v

Kila07GT, Just so you know, the guy you are talking about (rapinator126) has a heavily modded 5.0 with nitrous, and plans to add a turbo.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:05 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Precisely. If you can read it says mustang drivers

Lol smh bro. 6s are wanna be mustang drivers? Is that what you call people who drive v6s? Haha oh my bad man.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:40 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I bet my 6er sounds better than his v8
Current Vehicle: 2012 Black Mustang 3.7 with a k&n 69 typhoon sieries CAI Ford racing Strut tower brace Forgestar f14s on the way 😈 | Past vehicles Ford ranger | 2001 Jeep Wranger | 2007 White v6 mustang |

Lmo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:46 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:57 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
Talk ****, see what happens.

+1
Old 02-25-2014, 07:23 AM   #53
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
His drag car will probably rape anything on here currently although I sometimes question his hatred for the 2V lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Kila07GT, Just so you know, the guy you are talking about (rapinator126) has a heavily modded 5.0 with nitrous, and plans to add a turbo.
Yep... but... his Fox has a A CHEBBY MOTOR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
I'm on a diet so for me it has to be that 100 calorie wannabe popcorn. Fatty needs to drop 20-30lbs by the time memorial day hits though.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
His drag car will probably rape anything on here currently although I sometimes question his hatred for the 2V lol.

Yep... but... his Fox has a A CHEBBY MOTOR!!!

I'm on a diet so for me it has to be that 100 calorie wannabe popcorn. Fatty needs to drop 20-30lbs by the time memorial day hits though.

https://vine.co/v/MmPMzmAlZnO
Old 02-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
You just dug yourself your own grave, I'd if I were you

Although I haven't heard the 2v all that much, the coyote is like the best sounding engine I've ever heard for our newer stangs. I have the 4.6 3v, but it does sound awesome cammed
Old 02-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #56
Road Trip!

Quote:

Actually he has a fast *** built coyote on a **** ton of spray

Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Should I get this 05 3v?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
You just dug yourself your own grave, I'd if I were you

Although I haven't heard the 2v all that much, the coyote is like the best sounding engine I've ever heard for our newer stangs. I have the 4.6 3v, but it does sound awesome cammed

I've heard that another mustang site had all the mustangs listed from best sounding to least. It was 2v, then the coyote I believe. 3v was like one of the last lol.

The pure growl of the 2v is undeniable. One of the meanest sounding cars I've ever heard, and it's 80% of why I got the 2v. Other 10% was didn't want 12k in debt for a 3v, and 10% I love the new edge body style, and raw feeling it gives off.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For one buddy i do not have A v6. I have à fully built 12 5.0. You must be new here. 2 yes the 3vs sound like ****. I had a 08 427r b4 i bought my coyote.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

And the new v6's are Nothing to laugh at. My wife had a 12 3.7 for awhile. I was impressed. Alot more impressed then a stock 3v. I would take a 3.7 over another 3v if i cams across à good prices one.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Scotty i dont hate the 2v's. I had one as my first Mustang. They just take alot of $ and need boost or a bottle bad. I saw my cousin fight a loosing battle trying to do a NA 2v. They are by far the best sounding mustangs out there besided the 03/04 cobras. Im not going to lie Im not big on how the coyotes sound, They just do not have the mustang tone. I was disapointed when I got mine.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And the new v6's are Nothing to laugh at. My wife had a 12 3.7 for awhile. I was impressed. Alot more impressed then a stock 3v. I would take a 3.7 over another 3v if i cams across à good prices one.
Lol! I maybe new here but im not new to cars or Stangs. The reason im keepingy motor stock is for resale value so i can get a newer one. You may have a fully tuned newer Mustang 5.0 but its quite apparent that you suffer from a severe lack of knowledge in the technical department. Thats why i put up that little informational for ya. Hope your reading is better than your hearing mr. Rape.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Lol lack of knowledge please expkain? Its fully built not tuned buddy. You just got your *** handed to you by everyone on this thread for saying stuff you have no clue about. "Keeping motor stock for resale value" come on man lol.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I can literally spend half of what you prob have and put you to shame because i know what im doing but you keep it up and dpend that money snd detonate your motor! 👍
Old 02-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

All jokes aside this thread was all about helping a guy buy a decent and we have made it into a personal battleground for our bull****.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can literally spend half of what you prob have and put you to shame because i know what im doing but you keep it up and dpend that money snd detonate your motor! 👍
Well come on with it then. I will be here. I want to see this.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #66
Road Trip!

I think rapinator has blown and had enough built coyotes to know wtf he's talking about lol

Hahaha

Old 02-25-2014, 11:33 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
All jokes aside this thread was all about helping a guy buy a decent and we have made it into a personal battleground for our bull****.

Bro, rapinator would destroy you.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #68
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Scotty i dont hate the 2v's. I had one as my first Mustang. They just take alot of $ and need boost or a bottle bad. I saw my cousin fight a loosing battle trying to do a NA 2v. They are by far the best sounding mustangs out there besided the 03/04 cobras. Im not going to lie Im not big on how the coyotes sound, They just do not have the mustang tone. I was disapointed when I got mine.

No doubt they do take $$$. I just read a thread where a 11.8:1 5.0 stroker 2V with TFS heads and all the extras made around 393 to the wheels though and there is probably still another 20-30whp left in it with a little more tuning and a better set of headers. Still, you can just slap a blower on a stock 2V and make those numbers for way less money so yeah... they do need boost. Maybe if TFS or Edelbrock would finally release a legit 5.4L 2V intake we'd start seeing some bigger cube strokers though.

Quote:
I can literally spend half of what you prob have and put you to shame because i know what im doing but you keep it up and dpend that money snd detonate your motor!
Says everyone on the interwebs ever. He already has a built/fast car, you have a stock 3V. Fail.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #69
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

This x1000. If it came down to a 3V vs a 3.7L V6 that's a no brainer if the prices are similar. The new V6 is basically the 05-10 GT except with better mileage and all the newer bells/whistles.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Some people make me lol. Kila, you are one of them.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion