I sold my 05 GT premium and got this 01 GT. What do you think of my mod list - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Cool I sold my 05 GT premium and got this 01 GT. What do you think of my mod list

So I had to sell my 05 GT Premium and after about 9 months I just couldn't stand to be without a mustang so I picked up this 01 GT 5spd manual with 115xxx miles on it for a GREAT price I made some trades so If I count what I had in the items I traded I got this car for less than $3,500

It already has

18" American muscle wheels.
New Tires (less than 400 miles)
BBK Offroad X pipe.
Flow-master American Thunder exhaust.
SR Performance Cold Air Intake.
Ford Racing Lowering Springs.
20% window tint all around.

Ive attached a picture of the mod list I'm looking at getting soon (within the month) what do you guys think?

Its just great to be back into a mustang and With the way my job is going and not owing a thing on this car I'm going to have a lot more $$ to play around with this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 9.32.46 AM.png
Views:	69
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	147679   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4434.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	147680  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4435.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	147681   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4499.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	147682  

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
So I had to sell my 05 GT Premium and after about 9 months I just couldn't stand to be without a mustang so I picked up this 01 GT 5spd manual with 115xxx miles on it for a GREAT price I made some trades so If I count what I had in the items I traded I got this car for less than $3,500

It already has

18" American muscle wheels.
New Tires (less than 400 miles)
BBK Offroad X pipe.
Flow-master American Thunder exhaust.
SR Performance Cold Air Intake.
Ford Racing Lowering Springs.
20% window tint all around.

Ive attached a picture of the mod list I'm looking at getting soon (within the month) what do you guys think?

Its just great to be back into a mustang and With the way my job is going and not owing a thing on this car I'm going to have a lot more $$ to play around with this time.
I'm sorry to hear that you had to sell your S197 Mustang. However, I'm impressed you could even go 9 days without a Mustang though along 9 Months! It's good to have you back in the Mustang family and Congratulations on your new ride. It looks great! I love the Stripes and the Bullitt Wheels, they really look awesome together.

It sounds like your Mustang already has a ton of great modifications. You have the basic bolt-ons covered so I'm I think your build list looks great! The SR Performance Shifter is a great mod. I had this installed in my 2004 Mach 1 and I loved it. The shifts were extremely short and really crisp! An aftermarket shifter is one of the most under rated modifications out there. Your hand is on the shifter the entire time you're driving the car, so it's definitely important that you have a good shifter!

All of the other interior and exterior mods you're after are going to look great. The Raxiom smoked headlights and Mach 1 chin spoiler are going to finish off the cosmetics of your Mustang!

Keep up the great work with your build and definitely keep us posted with pictures! I'm really excited to see the finished product. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! Don't forget to shoot me a PM before you place your order so that I can give you the 6% MustangEvolution exclusive discount.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks dan! I'm really excited to get the shifter I think it will help the overall driving experience quite a bit!

Old 02-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
Thanks dan! I'm really excited to get the shifter I think it will help the overall driving experience quite a bit!
You're welcome! A shifter is definitely a great mod. It's the most touched thing on the car besides the steering wheel so it's important that you have a good experience there!

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
If you're going to get the SR shifter get the Tri-Ax for about the same money. Or get the MGW for $189 off of the MGWLTD website. I would not get a "brand X" shifter I don't care what they say about the design. Tri-Ax has been around for decades and MGW just hit 10 years on the stang. Those two are the best ones out for the Mustang, period. The Pro 5.0 is another good one if you replace the shift lever.

SR looks like a copypasta version of the Pro 5.0 btw and that shifter going straight up will induce a TON of "mustang lean" to get at the shifter knob not to mention smashing your knuckles into the radio when you go for 3rd.

But the car looks good, seems like someone who had it did tasteful mods and did not rice it and that is a screaming good deal you got. I'm assuming it was listed near $5k to just buy it but even that is a really good deal provided nothing is wrong with it.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

It lists for $6,500 blue book in my zip code is $7,000

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion