Anyone race there stang lately? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Anyone race there stang lately?

Any good stories out there?

2013 GTCS Sterling Grey, 3.73 gears, limited slip dif, MT82, Roush Axle-backs, 3 qtr window louvers

Marty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Track racing? sadly no.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If you mean street stories I don't think those are allowed here.
Red5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2014, 06:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5.0 View Post
If you mean street stories I don't think those are allowed here.

They aren't
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:46 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Correct. Street racing stories of any kind will get the thread shut down.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:53 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Correct. Street racing stories of any kind will get the thread shot down.
BANG BANG
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Raced my friends c6 vert. When we both launched I quickly got traction while he spun out . Off we went screaming down the line I could see him in my rear view the whole time . He never thought for a second he would lose to a mustang . It was a good time
Old 02-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I raced go karts the day after Christmas if that counts??? All the tracks are closed down for winter so no racing the mustang for me
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Not in the Mustang but I raced a Cummins Dodge in my 460 powered F250 a while back. I got beat the first race because I was distracted by that goddamn truck beside me popping and whistling and black smoke pouring out of what had to have been an eight inch exhaust pipe. He jumped out two truck lengths on me and stayed there the entire run.
For the next race, I lined up in the left lane, so that I wouldn't have to listen to his exhaust. I was ready this time. I cut a good light and the results were almost the exact opposite, this time it was the F250 by two truck lengths at the finish line.

I want a rematch to settle this...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Correct. Street racing stories of any kind will get the thread shut down.
Wow... I was wondering why no one talked about it... I guess it makes sense... sucks but ol well. Kind of funny since with so much rivalry between the gt and ss that it would be huge topic. I get challenged almost once a week on my way home from work seems like. Surely Im not the only one.

2013 GTCS Sterling Grey, 3.73 gears, limited slip dif, MT82, Roush Axle-backs, 3 qtr window louvers

Old 02-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Not in the Mustang but I raced a Cummins Dodge in my 460 powered F250 a while back. I got beat the first race because I was distracted by that goddamn truck beside me popping and whistling and black smoke pouring out of what had to have been an eight inch exhaust pipe. He jumped out two truck lengths on me and stayed there the entire run.
For the next race, I lined up in the left lane, so that I wouldn't have to listen to his exhaust. I was ready this time. I cut a good light and the results were almost the exact opposite, this time it was the F250 by two truck lengths at the finish line.

I want a rematch to settle this...
I see trucks with bug exhaust like that all the time... black smoke going everywhere every time they gun it. All I think about is why I have to pay so much every year for inspection when if that **** is legal then I should be golden.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=Marty5.0;1947641]Wow... I was wondering why no one talked about it... I guess it makes sense... sucks but ol well. Kind of funny since with so much rivalry between the gt and ss that it would be huge topic. I get challenged almost once a week on my way home from work seems like. Surely Im not the only one.

I did alot of street racing back in the day but now its too risky, too dangerous even though as you I get challenged by someone every time I am out in my 5.0. I no longer street race but I also dont let someone punk me out either.

I posted a thread recently about whats up with Camaro owners because I had a jackass try and race with me, it didnt turn out well for him.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #13

Region: California
ey

raced a stock dodge charger v6 , challenger v6 , acura tL smoked them on the track
Gray Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:57 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I raced my bicycle against a dog on the street once
Excretionx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

[QUOTE=Vintage Iron;1947656]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty5.0 View Post
Wow... I was wondering why no one talked about it... I guess it makes sense... sucks but ol well. Kind of funny since with so much rivalry between the gt and ss that it would be huge topic. I get challenged almost once a week on my way home from work seems like. Surely Im not the only one.

I did alot of street racing back in the day but now its too risky, too dangerous even though as you I get challenged by someone every time I am out in my 5.0. I no longer street race but I also dont let someone punk me out either.

I posted a thread recently about whats up with Camaro owners because I had a jackass try and race with me, it didnt turn out well for him.
This rule will get my attention every time. I had a niece in college; she was bright (full scholorship) majoring in law. She was walking to class one morning. Two idiots felt the need to race down a campus street. One lost control, plowed into and killed my niece. He lost his license, and was charged with vehicular manslaughter. He served a wopping 8 months of prison time. He now has his license back.

Fair? No.

I'll always watch for street racing posts. If I see them, they get removed.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:22 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
[QUOTE=bucko;1948051]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
This rule will get my attention every time. I had a niece in college; she was bright (full scholorship) majoring in law. She was walking to class one morning. Two idiots felt the need to race down a campus street. One lost control, plowed into and killed my niece. He lost his license, and was charged with vehicular manslaughter. He served a wopping 8 months of prison time. He now has his license back.

Fair? No.

I'll always watch for street racing posts. If I see them, they get removed.
damn, sorry to hear for your loss. that turd is probably back racing on the street
RubyRed14GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion