2013 Roush Stage 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
2013 Roush Stage 3

Local dealership has a 2013 Roush stage 3 (new) It's price has been lowered to under 50gs. My questions are these.

1-Is this a good deal? And do they hold there value any better than a regular gt?

2-Is it difficult to get warranty work done through roush?

3-Who has this car and do you like it? Good and Bad

4-Finally, should I just keep saving and get a gt500?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.
merv43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Guess I'll keep saving for a gt500
Old 02-13-2014, 11:57 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I'd just buy a 2014 GT custom ordered just how you want it while you still can. Is there a reason the GT isn't enough for you? I'm not asking to be a dick, I'm just curious.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2014, 12:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Scotty Thanks for the replay. No 2014 gt would be just fine. The only reason I was looking at the Roush was it is new and they are about $12,000 below msrp. So I guess I was just thinking, is this a good deal? Would it be a pain getting it serviced if something went wrong? I do like the look of the Roush's but I have not heard much about them. It's not going to be a daily drive, I currently have a 2010gt premium with 6000 miles that I would either keep, trade or sell. I have always wanted a gt 500 and then saw this Stage 3 and it is much cheaper than the gt500. I guess I should drive it and see what it feels like.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Be careful about buying a Roush...several major insurance companies won't insure the car for moe than just a GT. VIN is the level the insurance companies will repair/replace to...this from firsthand experience.
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed14GT500 View Post
Be careful about buying a Roush...several major insurance companies won't insure the car for moe than just a GT. VIN is the level the insurance companies will repair/replace to...this from firsthand experience.
Yeah this is true, just like if you bought a GT and modded it yourself. If taking a loan out however you should get gap insurance which will cover the amount of the loan regardless. Usually insurance will have an add on value coverage which will cost you extra to get.

as far as whether you should get it or not? That's up to you really. You are getting a really cool car that is already modded for what 550hp? That's a pretty fast car and you wouldn't necesarily have to do anything else to it. You may be one of those people that want's more, in which case you may be better off to get like a 14 GT track pack and then use the "extra" money to mod it how you want.

That is a pretty good price on the Roush though no doubt. I looked at a couple here and sticker was like 64 I think. Good luck getting a Shelby for that much.
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:35 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah...the Shelby's hold their value much better than a Roush and will be difficult to find that cheap.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:24 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I believe someone found a GT500 for close to 55, brand new. They are out there. My dealership had a few but they sold pretty quick.

All the concerns are legitimate, and should be acknowledged. But the Roush isn't a car to laugh at. I have heard it's faster than GT500s from several people, and when bringing it up, no one has shown otherwise. I don't want to say I don't believe the guys at Roush, but 550 vs 662 is a lot.

There are pros and con's to each, but it really depends what you want it for.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well if the Roush is comparable to a GT as far as price get the Roush all day. That's a no brainer.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I believe someone found a GT500 for close to 55, brand new. They are out there. My dealership had a few but they sold pretty quick.

All the concerns are legitimate, and should be acknowledged. But the Roush isn't a car to laugh at. I have heard it's faster than GT500s from several people, and when bringing it up, no one has shown otherwise. I don't want to say I don't believe the guys at Roush, but 550 vs 662 is a lot.

There are pros and con's to each, but it really depends what you want it for.

It's 575 vs 662 and the roush has better suspension so it puts down the power better and will win in the corners.

The insurance is the biggest concern. Shelby will pull up and roush will not. Also means insurance is cheaper but it could be a problem depending on your insurance.

My dealer is the #2 roush dealer and they have a few deals like that. They have all rebates applied but still that is a good deal. I would try to be Otd at that cost if I could. I've never seen them drop any of theie Shelby's and I think it says on fords websites that there rebates don't apply to them either. The one here has 2 executive cars at a huge discount too.

I drove a clone rs3 that a guy built and it was awesome. Haven't driven the Shelby. IMO the roush looks awesome, handles amazing, and you can buy an upgrade kit rather quickly for more hp. The worst part is the seats for me. Rather have the recaros. They had a rs3 like mine but it was 17k more Than my stage 2 which was a pretty decked out gt to begin with. I said nope since it's my dd and I'll pay it off if I can wait and get the supercharger later and come out several grand ahead.

You could deck out a gt and make it your own, or get an rs3/Shelby and not "have" to mod anything.

For me all concerns aside it would be Shelby over rs3 and alluminator over Shelby. Around here the Shelby and alluminator are within 2k of each other.

I say you would be good doing any of the choices others have listed. Why? Because mustang!
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

When I was in Livonia, they were telling me the RS3 at the ~550 range was faster than the GT500 in the quarter mile - no doubt the RS3 takes it in the corners.

There is aftermarket insurance, too. I pay around 538 for full coverage on my Insight and Mustang, with 4k after market coverage on the Mustang- esurance application won't open. I would imagine it cheaper to do the RS3 with 6k aftermarket insurance (highest it goes with eSurance) would be cheaper than the same coverage on a GT500.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 02-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Cool. Yeah I would think the Shelby owns the straights too. Unless they spin like crazy at the fist.

I'll ask about the aftermarket insurance too when it comes time for the supercharger.

I'll have to get it in writing and work on the cost but they said they would honor a lifetime powertrain if I let them install it at the dealership. Or that's the case I'll talk them down and let them do it. Of not I think I may try out brenspeed. Maybe next summer at the earliest.

Liking forward to seeing what the op does
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

IMHO if you want something that handles the corners go find yourself a Boss.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post
Cool. Yeah I would think the Shelby owns the straights too. Unless they spin like crazy at the fist.

I'll ask about the aftermarket insurance too when it comes time for the supercharger.

I'll have to get it in writing and work on the cost but they said they would honor a lifetime powertrain if I let them install it at the dealership. Or that's the case I'll talk them down and let them do it. Of not I think I may try out brenspeed. Maybe next summer at the earliest.

Liking forward to seeing what the op does
Either way it will be a sweet ride. I was shocked too, that's why I said allegedly...lol. My guy is more in finances, but everyone seemed pretty set that it was true. He said they can't advertise because of their contracts with Ford. I don't know enough about suspensions and the whole RS3 treatment to make an educated judgment, all the work they did for me was essentially cosmetic.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
IMHO if you want something that handles the corners go find yourself a Boss.
If I could find one I would get a 13 boss, the same dealer that has the Roush had about 5 months ago a black Laguna Seca. They Wanted $65,000 for and did sell it. I would love a boss.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:38 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Guys, Thank you for all of your thoughts and suggestions. I think I might slip down in the morning and see what I can do about the Roush. If I get it I will post pics. Thanks again to all.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:13 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Check with your insurance company first...hate to see you out some coin.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion