Has anyone beat a Camaro - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #1

Region: Maryland
Has anyone beat a Camaro

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392345471.084669.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	465.3 KB
ID:	147799
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #2
Road Trip!

I did with a gold club. Does that count?

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
Old 02-13-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
No, but those wheels look sick with that color car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I did
I was proud
Old 02-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Yes, was easy to do.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #6

Thank you I tried my Brova got one he get me 4g every time
Old 02-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDEBOYGREEN View Post
Thank you I tried my Brova got one he get me 4g every time

Depends on what model and year Camaro, stock or modded, same with your car.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yep. A couple of 'em!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I did. It was a V6.

2004 GT - Bama SCT Tuner - Pypes catted X-Pipe - Pypes Violator Catback
- Comp XE270AH - DIY Sequential Turn Signals in the works!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #10

Region: Alabama
3rd day I drove mine.

Next Purchase will be Nitto 555r and Bama Tune
Old 02-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
"Has anyone beat a Camaro?" That kind of question on a Mustang forum has an obvious answer; why wouldn't we?

Welcome, nice 45th edition 'stang you got there!

Edit: 40th* my bad!
Old 02-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Thinking back, I think five. I haven't lost to one yet! ­čĹŹ
Old 02-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
"Has anyone beat a Camaro?" That kind of question on a Mustang forum has an obvious answer; why wouldn't we?

Welcome, nice 45th edition 'stang you got there!
The 2004 New Edge was the 40th edition lol. Ppl ask that because "omg teh LS1". Don't get me wrong the LS1 is a way better starting platform and, IMO, one of the top 10 motors ever built but it does all depend on the mods to both cars etc... And the driver.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The 2004 New Edge was the 40th edition lol. Ppl ask that because "omg teh LS1". Don't get me wrong the LS1 is a way better starting platform and, IMO, one of the top 10 motors ever built but it does all depend on the mods to both cars etc... And the driver.
Yep, you're right! Corrected my post. Oh yeah, I was thinking ab modern day pony car wars. Can't forget ab the LS1 though.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I have a slow Camaro that put bus lengths on a Ford GT (the super car) ..

Did I mention it was slow and has .. TEH LS1..
Old 02-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I have a slow Camaro that put bus lengths on a Ford GT (the super car) ..

Did I mention it was slow and has .. TEH LS1..
Lol. Doesn't take much to make a LS1 completely sick. I was not bashing the LS1 at all if that's how it sounded, quite the contrary. I just think its funny to see threads on every single Mustang forum "how do I beat a LS1?". Like every single LS1 car out there is going to be stock or something.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol. Doesn't take much to make a LS1 completely sick. I was not bashing the LS1 at all if that's how it sounded, quite the contrary. I just think its funny to see threads on every single Mustang forum "how do I beat a LS1?". Like every single LS1 car out there is going to be stock or something.
No offense taken. I get a laugh out of all the LSx threads on Ford forums.

Come to think of it, I have never seen a thread about how to make an LT1 or LSx outrun a 2v or 4v 4.6 NA Mustang on any forum ... evar.

I'm sure there would only be a single reply and it would probably be "Gas pedal .. floor it. /thread"
Old 02-14-2014, 04:59 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah well camaros still SUCK. Thats what youll find in a mustang forum!

Old 02-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Why is everyone in here so scared to say something bad about camaros... every thread where camaros get brought up someone starts drooling over the damn LS1... wtf I thought this was mustang evolution not camaro evolution!

Old 02-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Maybe because were not delusional enough to think we can be one n/a

Not everyone here has a coyote
-_-

Lol!

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

But yes they suck haha

Old 02-14-2014, 05:16 PM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff

That's the weak spot on the Camarobird. Throw a 12 bolt in there and it's rock solid. Well, and some Katech rod bolts too which only requires dropping the pan to change out. I always wanted a 98-02 WS6 Trans Am with the 6 spd when I was first getting into cars. Maybe one day I'll say eff it and buy one. I'd say if I ever sell the 98 GT I will take a serious SERIOUS look at one. Cam and a FAST intake and bolt ons and you are over 400whp all motor.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #22
Road Trip!

The only guy a know of with a z28 has a fast intake and long tubes (which means he prolly has the rest of the exhaust too I guess) and he always drives like a ******. Ain't no way I'm racing him though lol

Old 02-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
No offense taken. I get a laugh out of all the LSx threads on Ford forums.

Come to think of it, I have never seen a thread about how to make an LT1 or LSx outrun a 2v or 4v 4.6 NA Mustang on any forum ... evar.

I'm sure there would only be a single reply and it would probably be "Gas pedal .. floor it. /thread"
Your not comparing apples to apples with a LS1 and a 4.6, quite a bit of difference in cubes there, so if you compared a 4.6 against Chevy's 305, the 4.6 will smoke it and I would also put a 4.6 Cobra against a LS1 if your comparing stock for stock.

Chevy tries to beat the Fords with Cubic Inches, just like the new Camaro with the 6.2 in them but they cant hang with a lowly 5.0 Coyote.

Ive seen many times where you say you can outrun a Ford GT, I doubt that very seriously stock for stock,( Video or it didnt happen) possibly with Nitrous but there are many Mustang's faster that a Ford GT if they are running Nitrous. So my point being is that if your running your LS1 stock there are ALOT of Mustangs that will take it any day of the week.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
Your not comparing apples to apples with a LS1 and a 4.6, quite a bit of difference in cubes there, so if you compared a 4.6 against Chevy's 305, the 4.6 will smoke it and I would also put a 4.6 Cobra against a LS1 if your comparing stock for stock.

Chevy tries to beat the Fords with Cubic Inches, just like the new Camaro with the 6.2 in them but they cant hang with a lowly 5.0 Coyote.

Ive seen many times where you say you can outrun a Ford GT, I doubt that very seriously stock for stock, possibly with Nitrous but there are many Mustang's faster that a Ford GT if they are running Nitrous. So my point being is that if your running your LS1 stock there are ALOT of Mustangs that will take it any day of the week.

+++

Old 02-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I've beaten a couple of the new V6 Camaros!.. But I also think it's funny how much others really play up the LS1, yet forget about the rear end in those things!.. Personally I've seen several snap at the track, yet I've never seen a Mustang snap a single one!..
Old 02-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #26
Road Trip!

I just figured out how to beat one..

Buy a 351. Stroke it. Big head. Big cam. High compression

Old 02-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
I've beaten a couple of the new V6 Camaros!.. But I also think it's funny how much others really play up the LS1, yet forget about the rear end in those things!.. Personally I've seen several snap at the track, yet I've never seen a Mustang snap a single one!..

I dont understand why people think the Camaro with a LS1 is the "gold standard" when they arent. They beat up on the 5.0's (not coyote) and the 4.6's for years but when Ford comes with the new Coyote 5.0 it pretty much ends that argument.

The Mustang IS the "Gold Standard" not the other way around, the Mustang was the 1st Pony Car and everyone has been playing catchup ever since. Piss on a damn LS1 if you ask me
Old 02-14-2014, 05:59 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I dont understand why people think the Camaro with a LS1 is the "gold standard" when they arent. They beat up on the 5.0's (not coyote) and the 4.6's for years but when Ford comes with the new Coyote 5.0 it pretty much ends that argument.

The Mustang IS the "Gold Standard" not the other way around, the Mustang was the 1st Pony Car and everyone has been playing catchup ever since. Piss on a damn LS1 if you ask me

+11. Lol.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Preach on brother!!! Im a believer!

Old 02-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #30
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

Ive seen many times where you say you can outrun a Ford GT, I doubt that very seriously stock for stock,( Video or it didnt happen) possibly with Nitrous but there are many Mustang's faster that a Ford GT if they are running Nitrous. So my point being is that if your running your LS1 stock there are ALOT of Mustangs that will take it any day of the week.
ISH's Z28 makes something like 600 to the wheels on a 150 shot and over 400 NA. Also there aren't many stock LS1s out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
I just figured out how to beat one..

Buy a 351. Stroke it. Big head. Big cam. High compression

Not like the LS1 owner can't do the same thing. When you start getting into modding he who has the most money wins. If you are modding on a "budget" the LS1 is a way better starting platform.

Quote:

The Camaro with the LS1 WAS the gold standard, it was for years and even with the Terminator it isn't like someone with a cheaper LS1 can'd do a cam and a few bolt ons and be right at the 400hp mark. Failing that, Ford didn't put a motor into the GT that could outperform a circa 1997 pushrod until 2011. A circa 1997 pushrod performance V8 that would also get you 30+mpg on the highway doing 80mph.

Not sure why all the hate for the LS1 except out of jealousy. Yeah I am a Ford guy but I'm not ignorant either.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ISH's Z28 makes something like 600 to the wheels on a 150 shot and over 400 NA. Also there aren't many stock LS1s out there.

Not like the LS1 owner can't do the same thing. When you start getting into modding he who has the most money wins. If you are modding on a "budget" the LS1 is a way better starting platform.

The Camaro with the LS1 WAS the gold standard, it was for years and even with the Terminator it isn't like someone with a cheaper LS1 can'd do a cam and a few bolt ons and be right at the 400hp mark. Failing that, Ford didn't put a motor into the GT that could outperform a circa 1997 pushrod until 2011. A circa 1997 pushrod performance V8 that would also get you 30+mpg on the highway doing 80mph.

Not sure why all the hate for the LS1 except out of jealousy. Yeah I am a Ford guy but I'm not ignorant either.
Your failing to read what I wrote. I am talking stock for stock, the LS1's cant keep up with the Cobra's and yes you can modify the LS1's and you can modify the Cobra's as well.

There is nothing on my end with jealousy of a Chevrolet. Nothing. No wait maybe yea because they got $52 billion dollars to stay afloat.

Chevrolet wont run a 305 against no damn stock 4.6's and Im not sure if they even make the 305 anymore but regardless it was a dog and Chevrolet knew it so thats why they went with the LS1 to beat the Mustang's. And in my opinion when Ford came with the 4.6 engines thats their cross to bear because it was a unexcusable mistake that Ford still to this day has to live with.

And to me you seem to be straddling the fence with your love for the in your opinion "gold standard" LS1 and Ford. At some point you gotta make a choice, either Govt. Motors of Ford.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #32
Staff
Regular
Staff

I could always swap a LS1 into a Mustang. :0

I have no love for GM, I won't ever buy a new GM product again because they took the bailout and the gov't wound up stiffing the taxpayers for $40bn that GM didn't pay back. I would, however, buy a used TA.

I don't think the 2V was a mistake, the NPI 2V was a turd but the PI is respectable and gets a bad rap to this day for no good reason really. The PI heads/intake flow way better than anything the 5.0 had from the factory and now that there is an aftermarket head offering its getting better and better. Example is a member on another forum I belong to just put down 393 to the wheels on a NA 2V. 5.0 stroker, 11.8:1 compression, TFS 38cc heads, CMS cams, etc... Made over 550 to the wheels on a 150 shot... And thats with longtubes that are not Kooks plus he still has cats... Kooks and a O/R pipe and a few other things and there is your 400whp NA motor. These little ****ers are no joke.

With that said, cam only LS1 is 400whp too lol.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I could always swap a LS1 into a Mustang. :0

I have no love for GM, I won't ever buy a new GM product again because they took the bailout and the gov't wound up stiffing the taxpayers for $40bn that GM didn't pay back. I would, however, buy a used TA.

I don't think the 2V was a mistake, the NPI 2V was a turd but the PI is respectable and gets a bad rap to this day for no good reason really. The PI heads/intake flow way better than anything the 5.0 had from the factory and now that there is an aftermarket head offering its getting better and better. Example is a member on another forum I belong to just put down 393 to the wheels on a NA 2V. 5.0 stroker, 11.8:1 compression, TFS 38cc heads, CMS cams, etc... Made over 550 to the wheels on a 150 shot... And thats with longtubes that are not Kooks plus he still has cats... Kooks and a O/R pipe and a few other things and there is your 400whp NA motor. These little ****ers are no joke.

With that said, cam only LS1 is 400whp too lol.

Will take more than just a cam to get that LS1 to 400whp!.. Need at least full exhaust and intake to get there!.. I used to be a big Chevy Fan Boy!.. Lol
Old 02-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

No jealousy over here bro... I just think its funny how chevy guys get all defensive about their camaros here in a mustang forum. Then try and talk down to anyone who disagree with their bs and love affair with the LS.

Im a ford guy through in through... I dont own a chevy never have and I dont get on their forums.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your failing to read what I wrote. I am talking stock for stock, the LS1's cant keep up with the Cobra's and yes you can modify the LS1's and you can modify the Cobra's as well.

There is nothing on my end with jealousy of a Chevrolet. Nothing. No wait maybe yea because they got $52 billion dollars to stay afloat.

Chevrolet wont run a 305 against no damn stock 4.6's and Im not sure if they even make the 305 anymore but regardless it was a dog and Chevrolet knew it so thats why they went with the LS1 to beat the Mustang's. And in my opinion when Ford came with the 4.6 engines thats their cross to bear because it was a unexcusable mistake that Ford still to this day has to live with.

And to me you seem to be straddling the fence with your love for the in your opinion "gold standard" LS1 and Ford. At some point you gotta make a choice, either Govt. Motors of Ford.
If you want to talk NA hp/L then GM still wins with the LSx.

A 2v GT was rated at 260 hp from 4.6L, that equals 56.5 hp per liter.

A 4v NA Cobra was rated at 320 hp from 4.6L, that equals 69.5 hp per liter. Which we all know is false as it actually made less than advertised.

An LS1 made 335 hp from 5.6L, that equals 59.8 hp per liter.

The LS6 made 405 hp from 5.6L, that equals 72.3 hp per liter.

A 4.6L LSx in the same state of tune as the LS1 would make 275 hp.

An NA 2.0L Honda S2000 (F20C) made 247 hp, that is 123.5 hp per liter.

So, if that is the argument you are trying to make, it looks like Honda won.

As for GM making the LS1 to beat Mustangs .. seriously?

The GM LT1 from 1993 made 275 hp and in 1996 was bumped to 285 hp, the SS or WS6 made 305 hp. The standard Mustang GT didn't make more than that until 2010.

The LS1 was designed to be a compact, reliable, light weight engine capable of high horsepower numbers and broad torque. It was made for the Corvette so that it could compete against the best cars in the world, not a Mustang.

There is always this too ...

1064 hp NA LSx, 433 CI.

Now, back on topic or /thread.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion