Has anyone beat a Camaro - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
RUDEBOYGREEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: brandywine
Region: Maryland
Posts: 3
Has anyone beat a Camaro

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392345471.084669.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	465.3 KB
ID:	147799
RUDEBOYGREEN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 688
I did with a gold club. Does that count?


Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline  
Old 02-13-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
No, but those wheels look sick with that color car.
PonyBoyV6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cobra mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pasadena
Region: Maryland
Posts: 365
I did
I was proud
__________________
Cobra marks youtube account www.youtube.com/user/Bbbrrraaaggghhhttt
Cobra mark is offline  
Old 02-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Yes, was easy to do.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 02-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #6
Registered User
Newbie
 
RUDEBOYGREEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: brandywine
Region: Maryland
Posts: 3
Thank you I tried my Brova got one he get me 4g every time
RUDEBOYGREEN is offline  
Old 02-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDEBOYGREEN View Post
Thank you I tried my Brova got one he get me 4g every time

Depends on what model and year Camaro, stock or modded, same with your car.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 02-13-2014, 09:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
RCcarlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 24
Yep. A couple of 'em!
RCcarlson is offline  
Old 02-13-2014, 10:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Georgetown, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 57
I did. It was a V6.
__________________

2004 GT - Bama SCT Tuner - Pypes catted X-Pipe - Pypes Violator Catback
- Comp XE270AH - DIY Sequential Turn Signals in the works!
ltdan is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #10
Registered User
Newbie
 
RammerJammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Decatur
Region: Alabama
Posts: 6
3rd day I drove mine.
__________________
2012 Mustang GT Premium
Steeda CIA, Steeda Tower Brace, Borla Full Exhaust, BM Short Throw Shifter, Pulleys


Next Purchase will be Nitto 555r and Bama Tune
RammerJammer is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
"Has anyone beat a Camaro?" That kind of question on a Mustang forum has an obvious answer; why wouldn't we?

Welcome, nice 45th edition 'stang you got there!

Edit: 40th* my bad!
__________________
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
RCcarlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 24
Thinking back, I think five. I haven't lost to one yet! ­čĹŹ
RCcarlson is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
"Has anyone beat a Camaro?" That kind of question on a Mustang forum has an obvious answer; why wouldn't we?

Welcome, nice 45th edition 'stang you got there!
The 2004 New Edge was the 40th edition lol. Ppl ask that because "omg teh LS1". Don't get me wrong the LS1 is a way better starting platform and, IMO, one of the top 10 motors ever built but it does all depend on the mods to both cars etc... And the driver.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The 2004 New Edge was the 40th edition lol. Ppl ask that because "omg teh LS1". Don't get me wrong the LS1 is a way better starting platform and, IMO, one of the top 10 motors ever built but it does all depend on the mods to both cars etc... And the driver.
Yep, you're right! Corrected my post. Oh yeah, I was thinking ab modern day pony car wars. Can't forget ab the LS1 though.
__________________
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
I have a slow Camaro that put bus lengths on a Ford GT (the super car) ..

Did I mention it was slow and has .. TEH LS1..
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I have a slow Camaro that put bus lengths on a Ford GT (the super car) ..

Did I mention it was slow and has .. TEH LS1..
Lol. Doesn't take much to make a LS1 completely sick. I was not bashing the LS1 at all if that's how it sounded, quite the contrary. I just think its funny to see threads on every single Mustang forum "how do I beat a LS1?". Like every single LS1 car out there is going to be stock or something.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Lol. Doesn't take much to make a LS1 completely sick. I was not bashing the LS1 at all if that's how it sounded, quite the contrary. I just think its funny to see threads on every single Mustang forum "how do I beat a LS1?". Like every single LS1 car out there is going to be stock or something.
No offense taken. I get a laugh out of all the LSx threads on Ford forums.

Come to think of it, I have never seen a thread about how to make an LT1 or LSx outrun a 2v or 4v 4.6 NA Mustang on any forum ... evar.

I'm sure there would only be a single reply and it would probably be "Gas pedal .. floor it. /thread"
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 04:59 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Marty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 153
Yeah well camaros still SUCK. Thats what youll find in a mustang forum!
__________________
2013 GTCS Sterling Gray, 3.73 gears, limited slip dif, MT82, Roush Axel-backs, 3 qtr window louvers

Marty5.0 is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Marty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 153
Why is everyone in here so scared to say something bad about camaros... every thread where camaros get brought up someone starts drooling over the damn LS1... wtf I thought this was mustang evolution not camaro evolution!
__________________
2013 GTCS Sterling Gray, 3.73 gears, limited slip dif, MT82, Roush Axel-backs, 3 qtr window louvers

Marty5.0 is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #20
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 688
Maybe because were not delusional enough to think we can be one n/a

Not everyone here has a coyote
-_-

Lol!


Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

But yes they suck haha



Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 05:16 PM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,587
That's the weak spot on the Camarobird. Throw a 12 bolt in there and it's rock solid. Well, and some Katech rod bolts too which only requires dropping the pan to change out. I always wanted a 98-02 WS6 Trans Am with the 6 spd when I was first getting into cars. Maybe one day I'll say eff it and buy one. I'd say if I ever sell the 98 GT I will take a serious SERIOUS look at one. Cam and a FAST intake and bolt ons and you are over 400whp all motor.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #22
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 688
The only guy a know of with a z28 has a fast intake and long tubes (which means he prolly has the rest of the exhaust too I guess) and he always drives like a ******. Ain't no way I'm racing him though lol


Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vintage Iron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Naples
Region: Florida
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
No offense taken. I get a laugh out of all the LSx threads on Ford forums.

Come to think of it, I have never seen a thread about how to make an LT1 or LSx outrun a 2v or 4v 4.6 NA Mustang on any forum ... evar.

I'm sure there would only be a single reply and it would probably be "Gas pedal .. floor it. /thread"
Your not comparing apples to apples with a LS1 and a 4.6, quite a bit of difference in cubes there, so if you compared a 4.6 against Chevy's 305, the 4.6 will smoke it and I would also put a 4.6 Cobra against a LS1 if your comparing stock for stock.

Chevy tries to beat the Fords with Cubic Inches, just like the new Camaro with the 6.2 in them but they cant hang with a lowly 5.0 Coyote.

Ive seen many times where you say you can outrun a Ford GT, I doubt that very seriously stock for stock,( Video or it didnt happen) possibly with Nitrous but there are many Mustang's faster that a Ford GT if they are running Nitrous. So my point being is that if your running your LS1 stock there are ALOT of Mustangs that will take it any day of the week.
__________________
2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 (Gotta Have It Green)
6 speed, GT500 Rear Spoiler, AM White Shifter Knob
Vintage Iron is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Marty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
Your not comparing apples to apples with a LS1 and a 4.6, quite a bit of difference in cubes there, so if you compared a 4.6 against Chevy's 305, the 4.6 will smoke it and I would also put a 4.6 Cobra against a LS1 if your comparing stock for stock.

Chevy tries to beat the Fords with Cubic Inches, just like the new Camaro with the 6.2 in them but they cant hang with a lowly 5.0 Coyote.

Ive seen many times where you say you can outrun a Ford GT, I doubt that very seriously stock for stock, possibly with Nitrous but there are many Mustang's faster that a Ford GT if they are running Nitrous. So my point being is that if your running your LS1 stock there are ALOT of Mustangs that will take it any day of the week.

+++
__________________
2013 GTCS Sterling Gray, 3.73 gears, limited slip dif, MT82, Roush Axel-backs, 3 qtr window louvers

Marty5.0 is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
I've beaten a couple of the new V6 Camaros!.. But I also think it's funny how much others really play up the LS1, yet forget about the rear end in those things!.. Personally I've seen several snap at the track, yet I've never seen a Mustang snap a single one!..
Eturner is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #26
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 688
I just figured out how to beat one..

Buy a 351. Stroke it. Big head. Big cam. High compression


Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vintage Iron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Naples
Region: Florida
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
I've beaten a couple of the new V6 Camaros!.. But I also think it's funny how much others really play up the LS1, yet forget about the rear end in those things!.. Personally I've seen several snap at the track, yet I've never seen a Mustang snap a single one!..

I dont understand why people think the Camaro with a LS1 is the "gold standard" when they arent. They beat up on the 5.0's (not coyote) and the 4.6's for years but when Ford comes with the new Coyote 5.0 it pretty much ends that argument.

The Mustang IS the "Gold Standard" not the other way around, the Mustang was the 1st Pony Car and everyone has been playing catchup ever since. Piss on a damn LS1 if you ask me
__________________
2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 (Gotta Have It Green)
6 speed, GT500 Rear Spoiler, AM White Shifter Knob
Vintage Iron is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 05:59 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
I dont understand why people think the Camaro with a LS1 is the "gold standard" when they arent. They beat up on the 5.0's (not coyote) and the 4.6's for years but when Ford comes with the new Coyote 5.0 it pretty much ends that argument.



The Mustang IS the "Gold Standard" not the other way around, the Mustang was the 1st Pony Car and everyone has been playing catchup ever since. Piss on a damn LS1 if you ask me

+11. Lol.
Eturner is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Marty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
I dont understand why people think the Camaro with a LS1 is the "gold standard" when they arent. They beat up on the 5.0's (not coyote) and the 4.6's for years but when Ford comes with the new Coyote 5.0 it pretty much ends that argument.

The Mustang IS the "Gold Standard" not the other way around, the Mustang was the 1st Pony Car and everyone has been playing catchup ever since. Piss on a damn LS1 if you ask me


Preach on brother!!! Im a believer!
__________________
2013 GTCS Sterling Gray, 3.73 gears, limited slip dif, MT82, Roush Axel-backs, 3 qtr window louvers

Marty5.0 is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #30
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
Your not comparing apples to apples with a LS1 and a 4.6, quite a bit of difference in cubes there, so if you compared a 4.6 against Chevy's 305, the 4.6 will smoke it and I would also put a 4.6 Cobra against a LS1 if your comparing stock for stock.

Chevy tries to beat the Fords with Cubic Inches, just like the new Camaro with the 6.2 in them but they cant hang with a lowly 5.0 Coyote.

Ive seen many times where you say you can outrun a Ford GT, I doubt that very seriously stock for stock,( Video or it didnt happen) possibly with Nitrous but there are many Mustang's faster that a Ford GT if they are running Nitrous. So my point being is that if your running your LS1 stock there are ALOT of Mustangs that will take it any day of the week.
ISH's Z28 makes something like 600 to the wheels on a 150 shot and over 400 NA. Also there aren't many stock LS1s out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
I just figured out how to beat one..

Buy a 351. Stroke it. Big head. Big cam. High compression


Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
Not like the LS1 owner can't do the same thing. When you start getting into modding he who has the most money wins. If you are modding on a "budget" the LS1 is a way better starting platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
I dont understand why people think the Camaro with a LS1 is the "gold standard" when they arent. They beat up on the 5.0's (not coyote) and the 4.6's for years but when Ford comes with the new Coyote 5.0 it pretty much ends that argument.

The Mustang IS the "Gold Standard" not the other way around, the Mustang was the 1st Pony Car and everyone has been playing catchup ever since. Piss on a damn LS1 if you ask me
The Camaro with the LS1 WAS the gold standard, it was for years and even with the Terminator it isn't like someone with a cheaper LS1 can'd do a cam and a few bolt ons and be right at the 400hp mark. Failing that, Ford didn't put a motor into the GT that could outperform a circa 1997 pushrod until 2011. A circa 1997 pushrod performance V8 that would also get you 30+mpg on the highway doing 80mph.

Not sure why all the hate for the LS1 except out of jealousy. Yeah I am a Ford guy but I'm not ignorant either.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vintage Iron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Naples
Region: Florida
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
ISH's Z28 makes something like 600 to the wheels on a 150 shot and over 400 NA. Also there aren't many stock LS1s out there.



Not like the LS1 owner can't do the same thing. When you start getting into modding he who has the most money wins. If you are modding on a "budget" the LS1 is a way better starting platform.



The Camaro with the LS1 WAS the gold standard, it was for years and even with the Terminator it isn't like someone with a cheaper LS1 can'd do a cam and a few bolt ons and be right at the 400hp mark. Failing that, Ford didn't put a motor into the GT that could outperform a circa 1997 pushrod until 2011. A circa 1997 pushrod performance V8 that would also get you 30+mpg on the highway doing 80mph.

Not sure why all the hate for the LS1 except out of jealousy. Yeah I am a Ford guy but I'm not ignorant either.
Your failing to read what I wrote. I am talking stock for stock, the LS1's cant keep up with the Cobra's and yes you can modify the LS1's and you can modify the Cobra's as well.

There is nothing on my end with jealousy of a Chevrolet. Nothing. No wait maybe yea because they got $52 billion dollars to stay afloat.

Chevrolet wont run a 305 against no damn stock 4.6's and Im not sure if they even make the 305 anymore but regardless it was a dog and Chevrolet knew it so thats why they went with the LS1 to beat the Mustang's. And in my opinion when Ford came with the 4.6 engines thats their cross to bear because it was a unexcusable mistake that Ford still to this day has to live with.

And to me you seem to be straddling the fence with your love for the in your opinion "gold standard" LS1 and Ford. At some point you gotta make a choice, either Govt. Motors of Ford.
__________________
2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 (Gotta Have It Green)
6 speed, GT500 Rear Spoiler, AM White Shifter Knob
Vintage Iron is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #32
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,587
I could always swap a LS1 into a Mustang. :0

I have no love for GM, I won't ever buy a new GM product again because they took the bailout and the gov't wound up stiffing the taxpayers for $40bn that GM didn't pay back. I would, however, buy a used TA.

I don't think the 2V was a mistake, the NPI 2V was a turd but the PI is respectable and gets a bad rap to this day for no good reason really. The PI heads/intake flow way better than anything the 5.0 had from the factory and now that there is an aftermarket head offering its getting better and better. Example is a member on another forum I belong to just put down 393 to the wheels on a NA 2V. 5.0 stroker, 11.8:1 compression, TFS 38cc heads, CMS cams, etc... Made over 550 to the wheels on a 150 shot... And thats with longtubes that are not Kooks plus he still has cats... Kooks and a O/R pipe and a few other things and there is your 400whp NA motor. These little ****ers are no joke.

With that said, cam only LS1 is 400whp too lol.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I could always swap a LS1 into a Mustang. :0

I have no love for GM, I won't ever buy a new GM product again because they took the bailout and the gov't wound up stiffing the taxpayers for $40bn that GM didn't pay back. I would, however, buy a used TA.

I don't think the 2V was a mistake, the NPI 2V was a turd but the PI is respectable and gets a bad rap to this day for no good reason really. The PI heads/intake flow way better than anything the 5.0 had from the factory and now that there is an aftermarket head offering its getting better and better. Example is a member on another forum I belong to just put down 393 to the wheels on a NA 2V. 5.0 stroker, 11.8:1 compression, TFS 38cc heads, CMS cams, etc... Made over 550 to the wheels on a 150 shot... And thats with longtubes that are not Kooks plus he still has cats... Kooks and a O/R pipe and a few other things and there is your 400whp NA motor. These little ****ers are no joke.

With that said, cam only LS1 is 400whp too lol.

Will take more than just a cam to get that LS1 to 400whp!.. Need at least full exhaust and intake to get there!.. I used to be a big Chevy Fan Boy!.. Lol
Eturner is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Marty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dallas, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 153
No jealousy over here bro... I just think its funny how chevy guys get all defensive about their camaros here in a mustang forum. Then try and talk down to anyone who disagree with their bs and love affair with the LS.

Im a ford guy through in through... I dont own a chevy never have and I dont get on their forums.
__________________
2013 GTCS Sterling Gray, 3.73 gears, limited slip dif, MT82, Roush Axel-backs, 3 qtr window louvers

Marty5.0 is offline  
Old 02-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ish416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winchester
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
Your failing to read what I wrote. I am talking stock for stock, the LS1's cant keep up with the Cobra's and yes you can modify the LS1's and you can modify the Cobra's as well.

There is nothing on my end with jealousy of a Chevrolet. Nothing. No wait maybe yea because they got $52 billion dollars to stay afloat.

Chevrolet wont run a 305 against no damn stock 4.6's and Im not sure if they even make the 305 anymore but regardless it was a dog and Chevrolet knew it so thats why they went with the LS1 to beat the Mustang's. And in my opinion when Ford came with the 4.6 engines thats their cross to bear because it was a unexcusable mistake that Ford still to this day has to live with.

And to me you seem to be straddling the fence with your love for the in your opinion "gold standard" LS1 and Ford. At some point you gotta make a choice, either Govt. Motors of Ford.
If you want to talk NA hp/L then GM still wins with the LSx.

A 2v GT was rated at 260 hp from 4.6L, that equals 56.5 hp per liter.

A 4v NA Cobra was rated at 320 hp from 4.6L, that equals 69.5 hp per liter. Which we all know is false as it actually made less than advertised.

An LS1 made 335 hp from 5.6L, that equals 59.8 hp per liter.

The LS6 made 405 hp from 5.6L, that equals 72.3 hp per liter.

A 4.6L LSx in the same state of tune as the LS1 would make 275 hp.

An NA 2.0L Honda S2000 (F20C) made 247 hp, that is 123.5 hp per liter.

So, if that is the argument you are trying to make, it looks like Honda won.


As for GM making the LS1 to beat Mustangs .. seriously?

The GM LT1 from 1993 made 275 hp and in 1996 was bumped to 285 hp, the SS or WS6 made 305 hp. The standard Mustang GT didn't make more than that until 2010.

The LS1 was designed to be a compact, reliable, light weight engine capable of high horsepower numbers and broad torque. It was made for the Corvette so that it could compete against the best cars in the world, not a Mustang.

There is always this too ...

1064 hp NA LSx, 433 CI.

Now, back on topic or /thread.
__________________
99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - 6.676 @ 103 in 1/8, 10.512 @ 130.2 on street tires, H/C/I
93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 5spd - Built 6 Bolt, 16G Evo3, HKS 272 Cams - under construction
Ish416 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats up with Camaro owners? Vintage Iron General Mustang Discussion 56 01-29-2014 12:08 PM
Camaro ss Mustang240 At the Track 11 07-05-2013 05:47 PM
What should be done so my 2010 Mustang GT could beat 2010 Camaro SS phobik 2011-2014 Mustang GT 73 10-27-2011 10:17 PM
1K HP Mustang Shelby GT 500 vs 1K HP Camaro SS Trojan Horse Pictures and Videos 2 10-23-2011 10:16 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:23 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.