Forged internals - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Forged internals

So, this guy on YouTube is telling me the 11+ 3.7Ls have forged internals, stock but the GTs, 302s and GT500s do not... I've never heard of this. I'm calling bull**** off the fact it makes NO sense to have the least power producing engine have forged internals... Input, anyone? Thanks in advance.
The Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
The Boss does. The GT is powder forged I believe, or at least not as strong. Not sure of the actual specs..... Idk what they put in the 3.7

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma View Post
So, this guy on YouTube is telling me the 11+ 3.7Ls have forged internals, stock but the GTs, 302s and GT500s do not... I've never heard of this. I'm calling bull**** off the fact it makes NO sense to have the least power producing engine have forged internals... Input, anyone? Thanks in advance.
Can you link it too us the you tube video? The 3.7's certainly don't have any forged pistons or forged rods.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
The original Coyote rods are strong but not forged. The Boss rods are also NOT true drop forged either. They are "sinter forged" which is the same heat up the metal pellets to melt into a mold and then stamp it to get the rod. With that said, Boss rods are strong as hell, think 800whp strong. I will be using them in my Teksid build because they are $160 for the whole set from your local Ford dealer and they fit modulars just fine. I've also heard in 2012 they moved all Coyotes motors up to the Boss rod but can't confirm this 100%.

At any rate, that guy who is telling you the 3.7 has forged internals is full of ****. If anything, they're the same "sinter forged" rods and whatever pistons Ford deemed sufficient. To my knowledge the Ford GT, GT500s and the Terminator were the only ones to get actual forged rods. The Terminator got Manleys after SVT somehow convinced the big wigs at Ford to drop $50/rod vs the $1/rod stock 4.6 units.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Can you link it too us the you tube video? The 3.7's certainly don't have any forged pistons or forged rods.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:29 AM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Looks like this forum is having some issues with double posting... this is the 2nd or 3rd thread I've seen like this lol.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Looks like this forum is having some issues with double posting... this is the 2nd or 3rd thread I've seen like this lol.
Yeah well, you can't expect everyone to read every single thread in the sites entire history to ensure they're not double posting.

The real issue here is double commenting... That really brings the sites quality down... Pretty sure I've seen a comment exactly like that before... Shame, used to be such a nice forum until all these identical comments started popping up.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Yeah well, you can't expect everyone to read every single thread in the sites entire history to ensure they're not double posting.

The real issue here is double commenting... That really brings the sites quality down... Pretty sure I've seen a comment exactly like that before... Shame, used to be such a nice forum until all these identical comments started popping up.
No I mean that someone will post and like 3 hours later the forum will duplicate it, its not the user its something in the forum itself.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

My bad. I was just messing around anyways. I get bored sometimes.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

I'm always bored, that's why I'm on ME...

Old 02-22-2014, 05:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

At least you're not on staff duty... (Twenty four hour duty sitting in my battalion head quarters building dealing with dumb drunk soldiers doing dumb ****...)
Old 02-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

Eh, I'm USAF and I fly a desk. At work half the time I'm just sitting around waiting for someone to have a computer problem. Usually its because comm ****ed up and pushed the wrong java version or something... 2 year special duty with no deployments and a nonner schedule ftw.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion