What's the point of spending all the money on our cars? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2014, 06:12 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I don't know really... It's addictive, and the feeling I get when I get a new part in, and especially when I do the work myself and turn the key or step back and look at the new cosmetic mod...

But, I don't drink, don't do drugs, don't party, don't really eat out... My Pony is my outlet. All I do is travel over here in Europe on my days off and modify my Pony...
The Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma View Post
I don't know really... It's addictive, and the feeling I get when I get a new part in, and especially when I do the work myself and turn the key or step back and look at the new cosmetic mod...

But, I don't drink, don't do drugs, don't party, don't really eat out... My Pony is my outlet. All I do is travel over here in Europe on my days off and modify my Pony...
I'm with ya. I sometimes party, but it isn't my thing, Muscle cars and my own Mustang is really what pumps me up and my go-to for a stress reliever.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post
First off I'm not bashing spending all the money. Iv dropped an easy 4gs into my car.

Have you guys ever started thinking to your self what's the point? Why spend all this money for little gains? Does it really need to be faster? Louder?

I mean if you really wanted a 1/4 mile monster why not get a 1000cc bike that runs 10s stock? I'm getting one.

Just something to think about. I love my car don't gete wrong I'm just curios on everyone's thoughts
Well I'm modding my stang now so it'll different than the other 5!! Mustangs that are on the road exactly like mine, down to the stock rims. The way I'm modding mine is to keep anyone from just going to a dealer and buying one that looks and sounds like mine. I want my mustang to be personalized to me and not confused with the other people who buy mustangs that aren't into to car buts its a mustang so that's why the buy one.
AgentGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #74
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma View Post

Ditto, i could care less about all that partying and such. Spending a night acting like a bunch of retarded fools ain't my thing. Then the headache in the morning from all the drinking, don't know why people spend money on it.

My thrill is being able to do something in my car that not many other people can do with their regular life. Getting a new part that makes me speed up quicker or maybe turn a lot better lets me see the progress I am making with the car, that is what makes me really happy.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

^

Old 02-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Everyone has something. I know guys who collect stuff, guys/gals whose wardrobe is ludicrous. It isn't a waste, its a hobby and a passion... and can be an addiction. If it doesn't take away from essentials and doing great things for those you love who cares... enjoy it... whatever "it" is.

I have dropped about $2,000 in last month and my AM build list has another $4,200 in it for whenever I can afford it. Will 20" black wheels, Accel coils or Eibach ProPlus handling pack do anything other than make me smile when taking a corner... nope, lol. But I am a simpleton and a smile on my face is worth it.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:17 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
This thread I started has re inspired me. Looks like I'm getting some new tires and rims or maby just new tires and cams. Maby even a stall converter can't decided

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Or maby a carbon fiber hood
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #78
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post
This thread I started has re inspired me. Looks like I'm getting some new tires and rims or maby just new tires and cams. Maby even a stall converter can't decided

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Or maby a carbon fiber hood

Lol, within the past 2 weeks I've spent $1,000 on the Mustang

HID end all thread
Old 02-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I outright own everything I have except for my new Mustang and my college education.

If I didn't spend money on making my quads, bikes and cars faster and better then I would likely be responsible and invest my money.

I'm 29, retirement is a long ways off and go fast goodies are here and now.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I have somewhat of a love affair with cars and don't want people who know nothing about cars to be able to buy one like mine. :p
AgentGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Cool Why I spend the money

If I may throw my two cents in...

Some people have money to spend, and wish to spend it on making their cars faster. Regardless of the cost... It's not being done to recoup the cost. It's being done because that's what the individual has chosen to do with their money.

If you want to spend your money on car speed, do it. If you don't, don't. There is no universal rule to enjoying yourself on this planet, or being efficient with your time and money. People will do what they do.

This is coming from a guy who owns mustangs and motorcycles (current Yamaha R1 owner) and I still find myself spending money on improving my car's performance...

Just because I want to do so.
+Magnaflow Competition Catback Exhaust
+BBK 73mm Throttle Body
https://www.youtube.com/user/redsixmustang
Redsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post
Well said bro, Bravo

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
If anyone is asking that question on this forum, not sure what they are doing owning a muscle car, regardless of make or model.
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #84

Location: Baumholder Germany born and raised in the South Side of Chicago
Its the tim the tool man in us. Woman have there toys and hobbies and men have there car. Ya its expensive but what isnt these days having a pony is not enough the real fun is the work you put into it and joy you got out of that 1st road experience right afyer you added a upgrade.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
xavier1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:10 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Everyone hopefully has some expendable income and one way or another you're gonna use that money for something and you won't get that money back. You could use that money for a vacation, a new car, clothes, shoes, jewelry, video games, etc. you get the point. Everyone needs to spend money on something they enjoy, no matter who you are there's ALWAYS something. Life is too short not to enjoy it while you're alive. Obviously I wouldn't recommend going broke to do that, but you can be smart about it.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I do it because I enjoy it but because I generally don't keep me cars forever as I like changing cars every couple years. So when I mod while I'm doing it I don't have the intention of selling but I know eventually it will happen. So I'll keep the take off parts and store them so when I do decide to sell the car I can take off a lot of the parts and recoup some of my investment. I feel like that's when people really lose on cars is when they basically give away the stock parts and are in a situation where there trying to sell a car that's too customized and try to add the value of the parts back in to there asking price.

I've seen a couple times where people get done with a major build and end up selling the car which I couldn't imagine taking that much of a loss right after finishing a build.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:39 PM   #87
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	152758  

HID end all thread
Old 04-03-2014, 12:13 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

I totally agree with you on all points.

I'm spending my money on more important stuff now like food, water and ammunition. Gotta be ready when the US financial market collapses this year.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion