Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Technical question.

1K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  The Puma 
#1 ·
I need advice. This winter has been pretty bad and I haven't really driven my Pony in about five months. Just started driving her again and she feels a little less responsive. What, if any, maintenance is needed or recommended?

#2 ·
You can try the Idle Relearn stated in the owners manual. That usually gets the throttle response back for a lot of people. And maybe running a good quality fuel system cleaner through it as well.

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#3 ·
I'm not familiar with an idle relearn...

Yeah, I stored her with almost no gas so I could dilute the old stuff when I started driving her again. I also poured some fuel system cleaner in there with the first tank just to be safe, before I noticed a change in her...

#7 ·
#17 ·
Why do you say that?

I really don't think I'm over thinking it... There is a noticeable difference. I've also read recently that an idle relearn is always a good idea after winter storage...
Why do I say what? You are over thinking it. An idle relearn is not going to do a damn thing and you cannot replace the fuel filter as it's not designed to be changed. Whoever said they did it is full of it.

#18 ·
Puma just wants his car to run right, there's nothing wrong with that.
I've had mice build nests in the air box before, you might want to pop it open and have a look at the filter... that is, if the 5 litres even have a air filter, or did they do away with that as well?
I wonder what will be next? No oil filter? Lifetime oil?
I guess this is the way it will be when everybody is driving electric cars...

This thread has me appreciating my, relatively, simple but SLOW New Edge just a tad bit more. :)

#20 ·
As my momma always told me if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it.. Do what you want man! You have some advice now go get your pony where it needs to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.