Mustang Evolution Forum banner

CA Smog Legal Exhaust

Tags
exhaust
5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Venomouz831 
#1 ·
Thought I would post a video of my set up for people who live in areas with strict emissions like CA. I have the stock h pipe with all of the cats. I got flowmaster super 10 series mufflers welded in place of the stock mufflers. The motor is completely stock as well. This sounds way better than stock while still being emissions and inspection legal. If anyone has any other options please feel free to post :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NNZjCPOw_s0

#3 ·
^This. You couldn't pay me to run the stock 6 catted pipe on my car, no way in hell. Unsure what the CARB laws are for aftermarket H pipes but as long as a componenent has a CARB number on it its good. CARB is ****ing stupid btw... At any rate, swapping midpipes is a 30 minute job. Swap back to stock pipe on emissions day, leave all the tools/ramps right where they are when you are done swapping, drive to inspecitons station, pass emissions, drive home, let exhaust cool down for 30 minutes and then swap back.

#5 ·
We've all been there.

#7 ·
Never had a problem with that. Was about 30 miles to the inspection station. I just beat the piss out of the car on the way there to blow out anything in there and heat it up really well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.