2v walk a 3v? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Well the thread is about a modded 2V vs stock 3V!.. And was asked what it would take to beat a 3V!.. A full bolt on 2V will hang with a stock 3V, but you'll need a bit more to beat him!..
Again, this is subjective, what bolt ons, are you counting suspension/tires etc... My car is a "bolt on" 2V with suspension work and sticky tires out back. I will come out of the hole faster than a LOT of "stock" cars making much more power than I am. Like I said before, driver mod and total setup are important to consider. Example is a person on here putting a KB 2.1 on a 2V. Ok great, car will make 400whp easy but IIRC they still have a stock suspension. I would win a light to light race vs that person until they get some suspension and tires done to the car and that is just fact. That car with suspension would hand me my ***. And if that person does have or is getting suspension then that is good. Example is still valid tho.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Again, this is subjective, what bolt ons, are you counting suspension/tires etc... My car is a "bolt on" 2V with suspension work and sticky tires out back. I will come out of the hole faster than a LOT of "stock" cars making much more power than I am. Like I said before, driver mod and total setup are important to consider. Example is a person on here putting a KB 2.1 on a 2V. Ok great, car will make 400whp easy but IIRC they still have a stock suspension. I would win a light to light race vs that person until they get some suspension and tires done to the car and that is just fact. That car with suspension would hand me my ***. And if that person does have or is getting suspension then that is good. Example is still valid tho.

I would never have thought suspension really matters that much on a light to light race. I guess the mainstream thought is "I'll make more hp and tq, so I'll win."

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
I would never have thought suspension really matters that much on a light to light race. I guess the mainstream thought is "I'll make more hp and tq, so I'll win."
The mainstream is full of idiots.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
How could you not do suspension? That's the thing I don't understand. You get a sexy looking stance and better stability and traction at the same time.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
How could you not do suspension? That's the thing I don't understand. You get a sexy looking stance and better stability and traction at the same time.
Because ppl are just concered with their dyno sheet or the way it feels on a rolling pull or whatever. Then they get their doors blown off by someone making substantially less power than them and can't figure out why. Witness countless SRT-8 owners.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #41
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
The mainstream is full of idiots.
Exactly why i'm going with my SFCs, Panhard Bar, Torque arm, and LCAs before I put in my gears (which happen to be waiting for me at home).

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Exactly why i'm going with my SFCs, Panhard Bar, Torque arm, and LCAs before I put in my gears (which happen to be waiting for me at home).
I'm honestly considering just going all out suspension, IRS, DIY cams and a QH tune with this thing to have a nice 300whp (ish) street car instead of Tork Tech. That's what my 95 Cobra was and I had a blast DDing that thing. Motor only has around 75k on it with near new heads/brand new intake so there is a ton left in it.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Because ppl are just concered with their dyno sheet or the way it feels on a rolling pull or whatever. Then they get their doors blown off by someone making substantially less power than them and can't figure out why. Witness countless SRT-8 owners.
It's pretty sad how much of a one track mind people will get
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
It's pretty sad how much of a one track mind people will get
I like to think I have at least 1.5 tracks, possibly 2 on a good day.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
This summer I'm doing full exhaust and full suspension to my 3v. Engine will still be stock (besides tune). This is all I feel my 3v "needs" to perform (and sound) well. If I decide to add hp down the road I should have a good base to work with.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #46
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
This summer I'm doing full exhaust and full suspension to my 3v. Engine will still be stock (besides tune). This is all I feel my 3v "needs" to perform (and sound) well. If I decide to add hp down the road I should have a good base to work with.
A bolt on 3V with a 93 octane tune should be right around a 300whp car. Couple that with a good suspension setup and you should have a really fun ride. Hot cams add a solid 20-30whp but you have to get a custom dyno tune for those, bama/steeda/canned tuners usually won't tune for cams.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion