Mustang Evolution Forum banner

3.73 Gears

771 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Shuvool 
#1 ·
I have 800$ and a stock 2014 v6 Manual tranny what should i do first ?( i want a sleeper )
3.73 gears are they worth it i heard you loose rwhp?

#2 ·
Oh no!! Why did I go with 4.10s??? Stupid stupid stupid me!!

All jokes aside you don't lose any horsepower with gears (got a good laugh out of that one). They're torque multipliers so you'll get a nice seat of the pants feel from them. I would like to help but I don't know **** about the new 3.7s maybe do a tune and CAI?

#3 ·
changing gear ratios doesn't change rwhp. What it does do is exchange top end for acceleration. The larger the ratio number (3.55, 3.73, 4.10) the more times the wheel will turn for each crankshaft revolution, but since your engine redline is the same, you have to shift sooner (in terms of mph). Think of a bicycle with mutiple gears. Starting in a lower gear gets you going with relatively low effort because your rear wheel is spinning fewer times for every revolution of the pedals, but eventually you need to shift because you just can't pedal any faster. It doesn't matter which gear you're in, you still have the same amount of power pushing the pedals (until you get tired)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.