Engine light flashing 2014 gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #1

Region: Rhode Island
Engine light flashing 2014 gt

Just got the car last Monday, and started having problems at around 500 miles, it's at 800 now. The normal engine light flashing and throwing misfire codes is what I'm getting. We took it to the dealer this morning, I personally haven't spoke with the service manager yet, waiting on his call. But from what he told my brother, it's because I drove the car too hard, and it's protecting itself!!?! Wtf? Why would a car damage itself (misfire) to protect itself. I call bull****, I'm about to flip **** when he calls. He also mentioned it happens at 4,000 rpm because that's considered driving it too hard. So why would that happen at partial throttle and not full throttle?

Then he went on to say that he could see the way I've been driving the car on the computer and the way I drive could void my warranty, THIS IS ALL ON A BONE STOCK MUSTANG GT 2014.

I'm also pissed because the salesman is selling lies to people, telling them they can mod the car and tune it and ****, and he's telling me nothing except from the cat-back (exhaust).
Wanacustomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
So no tune on the car?
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Destination S19
If there is no tune on the car, the dealer has no ground to stand on. If they try to screw you, take it somewhere else.

FRPP HotRods Cams / American Racing Headers Long Tubes with catted X / Stang-Hi dyno tune
Saleen wheels / Steeda CAI / Corsa Xtremes, K Springs, Koni STR.Ts, UMI lca relo. Brackets/r lwr ctrl arms UMI adj. panhard bar / Camber plates / SR Strut Tower Brace.
Destination S19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Try to remain calm. I know this will be tough because you are upset this happened on a new Mustang.

In checking the 2014 Owners manual on RPM limits gor a GT, I found that the redline starts at 7000 RPM; you were well below this redline limit. You may want to calmly share this with the Service manager who told you that you were driving the car "hard", and that the "computer" tells them this.

Again, be calm, be polite, as you may need to escalate this to the regional service manager should this local service manager give you grief. getting upset with the local dealership will gain you nothing. Being calm and rational will win for you.

Wait (if nessesary) for him to tell you "you drove it too hard". If he/she canno0t prove you over rev'd it, then show him the owners manual (or even the red line indicator on your dash that specifies 7000 RPM).
Old 03-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
This has been a known issue with the 2011-14 GT.

Google "2013-2014 5.0 CEL P0300 Engine Misfire Ford TSB 13-6-15 Crank O Ring Installation"

And the first link will provide you a ton of information on it.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byock View Post
This has been a known issue with the 2013-14 GT.

Google "2011-2014 5.0 CEL P0300 Engine Misfire Ford TSB 13-6-15 Crank O Ring Installation"

And the first link will provide you a ton of information on it.
There you go! the excellent members at Mustang evolution help out again!

Now you can print this TSB, and take it with you, or if you call for a progress report, mention the TSB number to that service manager... basically, you did the homework for them.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:40 PM   #7

Region: Rhode Island
I don't think it's so much as their sayjng there's a limit at 4,000, I just said it's happened the most there, and their trying to get some ground to stand on with it. I picked it up today and they just cleared the computer, they said since it happened once, and since it's in the computer it just keeps throwing the code. I will try to keep it under 4,000rpm and drive it easy just to prove to them this isn't the cause. Yet there are legit times when I pull out into traffic when I have to get over 4,000 rpm.

I bought a mustang... Not a Prius... If I want to open it up every now and then, then it should be well able too. There is a factory limiter and redline at 7,000 rpm not at 4,000rpm. But we will see what ground they have to stand on when I go back up there CALMLY, when it does it again.. TRYIN TO STAY AS CALM AS POSSIBLE!!

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

I don't think it's so much as their sayjng there's a limit at 4,000, I just said it's happened the most there, and their trying to get some ground to stand on with it. I picked it up today and they just cleared the computer, they said since it happened once, and since it's in the computer it just keeps throwing the code. I will try to keep it under 4,000rpm and drive it easy just to prove to them this isn't the cause. Yet there are legit times when I pull out into traffic when I have to get over 4,000 rpm.

I bought a mustang... Not a Prius... If I want to open it up every now and then, then it should be well able too. There is a factory limiter and redline at 7,000 rpm not at 4,000rpm. But we will see what ground they have to stand on when I go back up there CALMLY, when it does it again.. TRYIN TO STAY AS CALM AS POSSIBLE!!
Wanacustomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I'd find a different dealer if you can, I wouldn't take that crap, show them the TSB, and if they give you crap, regional manager, then after that, I would not take it to that dealer again.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion