I hate getting my car serviced! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
I hate getting my car serviced!

So i took my stang in for service due to control arm noises coming from the front every time i hit a speed bump or any vertical movement on the front end. Turns out there was a TSB for it (13-09-03) I get it done, go pick up the car, drive off and notice a scratch on my leather steering wheel. Called the service rep and he says to bring it in next week, since it was Friday afternoon.
First day, no noises on front end, I'm happy with that but pissed about the scratch.
Next day as I'm pulling out of a red light i hear a loud crack coming from the front end. Every other stop it went longer and louder. By Sunday my front end sounded like an old rocking chair every time the car moved or i would turn the steering wheel. Now I'm really upset!
Monday morning i take the car in and it is now Wednesday and i picked it up as they were closing so i just dropped the rental and drove away. Steering wheel scratch gone and no noises but the steering wheel is crooked to the left and pulls left when i brake hard!! WTF!!!
I don't even want to go back but they need to fix this!! My car only has 3k miles!!

Maggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Mexico
sounds like the dealership is the issue.. at least its all free

FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Tennessee
Take it to a different Ford dealership.
2013 V6 Auto - Performance White

Satin Black Borla S-Types | Satin Black MCA 18" Wheels | Eibach Pro-Street Coilovers | Whiteline Adjustable Panhard Bar | GT500 Spoiler | Cervini GT500 Upper & Lower Grilles | SHR Quarter Window Louvers | RTR Decklid
StormTrooperV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
Take it to a different Ford dealership.

+1... Dealerships are hit and miss. Some are great and do things right, some don't give a crap an will do anything they want
"Hp sells cars, Tq wins races" - Carroll Shelby... RIP
2012 Mustang GT Convertible
Roush Exhaust

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion