Sync System - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Sync System

I have a 2013 GT and of course it has the sync system in it. Today I tried syncing my phone to see what it was all about. I have a Samsung galaxy S4 and when I try to sync it I have no luck. The car doesn't see it via Bluetooth. I know it isn't the phone because I have no problems syncing it in my friends car. I also tried plugging it in with the USB to play some music and it said that it is unable to play songs that have copyright from this device.....Not really sure what else to do. I read online somethings to try and nothing seems to work. Anyone else have problems syncing there phones? I don't have the touch screen dash This is what I have in my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustang Dash.jpg
Views:	1471
Size:	979.2 KB
ID:	151495  
Unrivaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I've had the same problem with my v6. It seems to be a common problem with the S4. It works perfectly fine with my older phone. It also worked before the software update for the S4. Right now I'm stuck with using the audio cable and it took a while to sync up my phone through blue tooth. Try going to settings and ensuring that your phone is visible to all and refresh the settings.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
check with ur local ford dealer alot of the sync systems have a tsb out for system update that can take any where from 30 min to 1 1/2 hours to update, still could be phone related but sure the sync update wouldnt hurt either.
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

If you don't mind me asking what is the tsb? Also the mysync site says my mustang's sync is up to date, not that I really trust that site which is pretty much useless.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

13-6-17 and 13-3-11 are the 2 i know off that ive recently done a few of both the past few weeks at work, but i believe there may b 1 or 2 more also.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Oh hey! Ford Mechanic?? Hey Best Friend!

On a more serious note, I have the 2014, is that one effected too?
For me it just seemed to happen after I upgraded my phone to the Galaxy S4 and online it seems like people are having a similar problem.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post
If you don't mind me asking what is the tsb? Also the mysync site says my mustang's sync is up to date, not that I really trust that site which is pretty much useless.

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

It is what the manufacturer puts out for known problems and the fix they will perform to remedy it.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yes lol, but i still can b related but like i mentioned b4 still could b the phone but hey still wouldnt hurt to check the sync out while its under bumper to bumper so its free

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion