How did you get your Stang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #1

How did you get your Stang?

I am just curious to see how you got your car.

Me, I'm a 17 year old male and live in the south. I, like all my friends wanted a truck, fast and loud, so I got "big red" Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395588927.939436.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	799.8 KB
ID:	151608

I put thousands into that truck and loved it to death but then March 1st... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395588995.854050.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	459.1 KB
ID:	151609Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395589013.856762.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	924.9 KB
ID:	151610

I came out of the hospital and went to Craigslist. I needed a new vehicle and I wanted to try a car. My first choice was a firebird. I looked for a few days trying to find a firebird and I found a guy selling a firebird... And a 2003 mustang. I fell in love with it and wanted it badly, I called him and he had sold it. It only took about 9 days after my wreck, I had found and purchased my new baby.

In short I went from a truck guy, to a die hard mustang fan. How'd you end up with yours?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395589203.883781.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	465.7 KB
ID:	151611Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395589216.379965.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	718.3 KB
ID:	151612Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395589237.185118.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	1,015.6 KB
ID:	151613
rmattsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Friend had a v6 mustang and it was hella "fast" compared to my truck so I wanted one. I was originally going to get a eclipse (lol) but they had a timing belt. Worked for a full summer and traded in my truck for the stang. Luckily it was around when the economy was bad so I disguised the car behind being a gas saver... Hehehe

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Friend had a v6 mustang and it was hella "fast" compared to my truck so I wanted one. I was originally going to get a eclipse (lol) but they had a timing belt. Worked for a full summer and traded in my truck for the stang. Luckily it was around when the economy was bad so I disguised the car behind being a gas saver... Hehehe
Being a gas saver is one of the reasons I got mine too. Not that it saves gas with the way I drive it sometimes!
rmattsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Always loved them as a kid and growing up, got my first job and saved up for a Fox body. Ended up buying an 82 GLX. After about 4 months of owning it the car ended up pissing all the tranny fluid out on my way home from work. After that happened I said s few of and got a loan for my current car. It's been quite a journey since then.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
i originally had a honda, then a s10, to a tiburon, then got my 01 f150 sport like the truck alot, started going to ford asset school and bought a integra for gas saving purposes, sold the truck to my younger brother. been working for a ford dealer for a few years now and was actually looking to buy a new truck but a nice mustang gt came through the shop on trade in and i just liked it so much and got a good price on it, i just couldnt say no so i left that day driving it.
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

How did you get your Stang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3ARH3AD View Post
i originally had a honda, then a s10, to a tiburon, then got my 01 f150 sport like the truck alot, started going to ford asset school and bought a integra for gas saving purposes, sold the truck to my younger brother. been working for a ford dealer for a few years now and was actually looking to buy a new truck but a nice mustang gt came through the shop on trade in and i just liked it so much and got a good price on it, i just couldnt say no so i left that day driving it.

How was the tiburon? Anything to shake a stick at? Would it run with a new edge GT/V6?

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 03-24-2014, 05:34 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It was alright nothing super fast but it seem some what quick, it was the v6 6 spd, i totaled the car when it iced n then completely fixed it and but a lot of aftermarket on then it looked really good n was pretty quick but i was bored with it so i sold it. Def not as fast as a gt maybe couldve hang with a stock 2v gt tho
Old 03-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I started with a 1998 jeep with over 250,000 miles drove it until it died and always wanted a mustang since i was a kid. I knew i wanted to get one and searched around for a while and found the one i wanted

When i first bought it

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395671622.021249.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	151723

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395671633.103560.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	409.1 KB
ID:	151724

Now

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395671541.249358.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	879.0 KB
ID:	151722

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395671659.702386.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	919.4 KB
ID:	151725

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I WASENT BIG ON MUSTANGS OR CARS IN GENERAL GROWING UP BUT AROUND 16 CARS WERE ALL ME AND MY FRIENDS TALKED ABOUT. NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVER OWN A MUSTANG PERSONALLY , THEY JUST WERNT MY THING . THAT ALL CHANGED AFTER I SAW MY FIRST SVT TERMINATOR. AFTER SEEING IT I HAD TO HAVE ONE AND I WOULDNT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS. I WAITED AND SAVED FOR SIX YEARS BEFORE I WAS ABLE TO AFFORD MINE.WORTH EVERY PENNY SPENT IMO.BUT BACK TO THE QUEASTION HOW DID I GET IT ? I WENT TO THE BANK GOT A LOAN PICKED OUT MY CAR and TOOK HER HOME. DROVE SEVEN HOURS ONE WAY FROM HOME TO GET HER , I HAD TO HAVE THAT ONE
Old 03-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang 17 i like how u have ur stang, very pretty!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra mark View Post
I WASENT BIG ON MUSTANGS OR CARS IN GENERAL GROWING UP BUT AROUND 16 CARS WERE ALL ME AND MY FRIENDS TALKED ABOUT. NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVER OWN A MUSTANG PERSONALLY , THEY JUST WERNT MY THING . THAT ALL CHANGED AFTER I SAW MY FIRST SVT TERMINATOR. AFTER SEEING IT I HAD TO HAVE ONE AND I WOULDNT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS. I WAITED AND SAVED FOR SIX YEARS BEFORE I WAS ABLE TO AFFORD MINE.WORTH EVERY PENNY SPENT IMO.BUT BACK TO THE QUEASTION HOW DID I GET IT ? I WENT TO THE BANK GOT A LOAN PICKED OUT MY CAR and TOOK HER HOME. DROVE SEVEN HOURS ONE WAY FROM HOME TO GET HER , I HAD TO HAVE THAT ONE

Dude quiet down. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixbanger View Post
dude quiet down. Lol
lol
i coulda kept on going and going that was the short version
Old 03-24-2014, 08:24 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I traded my old Mustang in for my current one.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Owned a new 1967 when I went to college. Graduated, married, bought a family car, raised two boys, owned GTO, Infiniti, Cadillac CTS and 25 other vehicles. Love cars, new one every three years between the wife and me. Kids out of college, working and married. So I bought the 2014 GT Premium convertible last fall and enjoy it as my daily drive. Life is too short.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395713818.471918.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	151789
wstefek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:31 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3ARH3AD View Post
Mustang 17 i like how u have ur stang, very pretty!

thanks man, same to you!

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Loved the style of the 2013. Went to the dealership that had a V6 with all the options and colors I wanted. Wrote them and check, got a 0% APR 5 year loan for the remainder and signed all the papers. Drove away and have enjoyed my ride ever since.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Cant complain with that!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Had a Chrysler 300 I owed money on and wanted to get rid of payment. Sold and bought a cash 2002 V6. Like the car but wanted more power. for my 37th Bday bought myself a 2011 GT and LOVED it. LOVED it. was my baby and would just look at it, drive it for fun anything. Then a guy insurance scammed me pic attached. dead stop slammed on brakes going 55 for no reason. I immediately bought a 2013 and actually starting to mod this one. I plan on having this car for as long as possible. Love it have done some but many plans still in the works.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG-20120110-00654.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	440.8 KB
ID:	151839   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130511-00280.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	151840  

Name:	Passenger Front.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	940.6 KB
ID:	151841  
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Had a Chrysler 300 I owed money on and wanted to get rid of payment. Sold and bought a cash 2002 V6. Like the car but wanted more power. for my 37th Bday bought myself a 2011 GT and LOVED it. LOVED it. was my baby and would just look at it, drive it for fun anything. Then a guy insurance scammed me pic attached. dead stop slammed on brakes going 55 for no reason. I immediately bought a 2013 and actually starting to mod this one. I plan on having this car for as long as possible. Love it have done some but many plans still in the works.
Were you able to prove that he did it on purpose? I had this happen to me in my Honda. Sh*tty old Camry came up beside me, then positioned themselves right in front of me. They stood on their brakes and so did I. My front wheels locked up and there was tire smoke everywhere, but I stopped in time to miss them. I honked my horn and the driver and passenger simultaneously flipped me off out of their respective windows. I was so pissed off I could barely drive home. Who could have such a blatant disregard to another person? If I hit them and was seriously injured or even killed, what then? F-ing stupid.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 03-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Were you able to prove that he did it on purpose? I had this happen to me in my Honda. Sh*tty old Camry came up beside me, then positioned themselves right in front of me. They stood on their brakes and so did I. My front wheels locked up and there was tire smoke everywhere, but I stopped in time to miss them. I honked my horn and the driver and passenger simultaneously flipped me off out of their respective windows. I was so pissed off I could barely drive home. Who could have such a blatant disregard to another person? If I hit them and was seriously injured or even killed, what then? F-ing stupid.
No, even cops said looked like a scam but I wasn't following far enough behind to brake so my fault. Guy played hurt from start while my car on fire and his leaking gas. Said get out be safe he said couldnt move where am I lol. said door jammed. I opened it and said cops not here yet go fake on curb so you dont blow up. got out, walked to curb, laid down and never moved again, neck brace and all. Swiveling head to look for cops as walked to curb, lol. Total idiot, should left him there to blow up. oh well, I was fine, rates went up but I got my new baby out of it! lol. My glass is always half full.

State trooper asked me if I knew what happened, said yes thinking he knew who i was. His first question was if the guy in the Mustang lived.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I wasn't even thinking about a Mustang when I found my car...
I have this old truck that I have owned since new and plan on owning it forever, I guess. It needed to be "restored" for the second time and I needed something to drive while I was doing it.
I was thinking about getting a Lightning and went and looked at every one that I could find for sale within a 300 mile radius of my house. They were all either too modified, too abused, or too much money. Some were all three!
Mind you, I'm starting to get DESPERATE! The truck is starting to get worse by the day and I'm taking WAAYYY too long to find something.
So I type "Cobra" in the CL search. (I wanted the independent rear end) Again, a lot of "too modded for my taste" cars.
But a Bullitt came up in the search. I'd forgotten about the Bullitts, so I did a little research and decided that it would be an acceptable choice. It needed some work before it would be a reliable daily driver, but I'm happy with my choice. I've had a REALLY good time with this car in the year that I've owned it, and met some nice people!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstefek View Post
Owned a new 1967 when I went to college. Graduated, married, bought a family car, raised two boys, owned GTO, Infiniti, Cadillac CTS and 25 other vehicles. Love cars, new one every three years between the wife and me. Kids out of college, working and married. So I bought the 2014 GT Premium convertible last fall and enjoy it as my daily drive. Life is too short.Attachment 151789
Beautiful Car. Enjoy!
Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:49 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Im a Chevy guy.Currently own a 69 Camaro.Couldnt wait for the retro Camaro to come out. When it did I was sick. Frankly it sucks.So wanting some modern muscle took the money and ordered a 14 GT. Just got it. Great car.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:22 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
The '04 GT I got when I was home on leave from Iraq 7 years ago!.. I knew I needed a car and was single at the time!.. Was a GM Fan Boy until I drove and just loved it!.. Had it for 3 days before I had to go back for another 6 monthes!.. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1396098820.055167.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	152194 this was the day I got it!..

The '06 GT we just got about a month ago!.. We were looking for a used Edge but couldn't find one in our price range!.. Then we came across the Mustang and the wife asked if we can get it instead (she was the one that needed a newer car)!... So I thought long and hard about it (lol one whole min. really), and said yes!.. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1396099236.790492.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	703.6 KB
ID:	152195
About 2 days after we got it!.. Had to take it on its first road trip!.. Lol

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1396099313.511682.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	686.4 KB
ID:	152196Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1396099337.117266.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	152197
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Was on my second SN95 when a kid taking a curve too fast in the rain took out my front corner, totaling the car. So I started looking for my dream car. Found it at a CarMax in North Carolina (I'm in Tennessee) literally minutes after they posted it - a 5 year old sonic blue vert with only 8000 miles on it. When I found out there was a Mach 1000 in the trunk, I flew down to my local CarMax and told them to get it shipped over here - no matter the cost. Been glad I did ever since.

2003 Sonic Blue GT Vert
SonicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
My Mustang Story

I've always loved Mustangs, but for my life, they weren't a practical car. Then, in 2005, my dad bought an 05 Sonic Blue GT. My mother liked it, so he bought her an 05 V6 in Mineral Gray.

On a trip to visit (Parents live in AZ, and I live in Idaho), my wife got to drive Mom's V6, and LOVED it. When Mom passed away in 2008, while in AZ for the funeral, my dad handed my wife the title for the Gray V6, and said that Mom wanted HER to have it. My wife was just gifted a 3-year old Mustang with 22k miles!

I'd had my eye on Dad's GT, and when he decided it was to hard to climb in/out of, he called, and told me it was for sale. I sent him a check, and flew to AZ to drive it home.

We sold the V6, but my GT is now my hobby and my Baby. LOVE this car, as it feels like part of the family.

Long story, but that's how I got my Mustangs.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1011117_234629553395846_5155902686004799409_n.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	153586   Click image for larger version

Name:	10247399_234634453395356_4366768245129129867_n.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	153587  

Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

You sold the car your dying mother gave to your wife? Ouch.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

...... Wow

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
Old 04-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
We sold it specifically to buy the GT from my dad. Still basically a free car, and still part of the family.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post
We sold it specifically to buy the GT from my dad. Still basically a free car, and still part of the family.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

OHHH! That makes it sound a hell of a lot better.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I told my parents to by me a mustang, so they did
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:42 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Finished high school and have always loved mustangs so my grandfather bought me a 2013 v6. Love the car, but one day it will be a gt i am extremely grateful
Old 05-10-2014, 12:26 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1399699541.164495.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	156451 mine was a Christmas gift my freshmen year in high school
Dill_picklezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill_picklezz View Post
Attachment 156451 mine was a Christmas gift my freshmen year in high school

How old were you when you were a freshman?!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
How old were you when you were a freshman?!

Freshman are usually 14 or 15.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion