2013 Mustang GT vs 1994 Corvette LT1 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Any pics? I would love to see his car, good color combo.
The old man's mid life crisis, pardon his dirty garage and the bleh pics. It is a gorgeous car IMO.

Honestly if he was going to sell it I might try to sell my 98 and see how good a deal he would give me on it. But I think he is going to keep it for a few more years. Which is good because it would give me time to just be able to buy it outright lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The old man's mid life crisis, pardon his dirty garage and the bleh pics. It is a gorgeous car IMO.

Honestly if he was going to sell it I might try to sell my 98 and see how good a deal he would give me on it. But I think he is going to keep it for a few more years. Which is good because it would give me time to just be able to buy it outright lol.

I've always loved this style Vette!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
That's a sweet car Scotty. Definitely don't let it get away lol. Did your dad keep the factory wheels. And when you get it put a short throw shifter in it.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
He has everything. Factory wheels are somewhere... its not a collector edition though other than being a Corvette. He was able to get collector status on it though and does not have to go through any inspection as long as he drives it less than 3k miles a year.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
They're fun till you get beat by an auto making less power at the strip. There is a reason 9/10 single digit cars are autos and the majority of 10 second ones too. Go to any track and take a look for yourself. Today's autos are not grandpa's "slushboxes". I have not converted to an auto for the control factor only, if I was tracking the car regularly it would have had a 4R75w and a Freakshow converter last year and it would probably be 1/2 second faster.

At any rate to the original topic of this thread, not even a challenge. That LT1 is a 14-14.5 second car if he gets a good launch and depending on his tires he probably won't. Your car is a mid 12 to low 13 second car so it will not only not be close, you'll buttrape him. But throw down a $100 bill in front of all your co-workers/friends and tell him to take the bet if he's so sure his car can win. That way you are sure to make him STFU. If he doesn't take the bet in front of everyone he looks like a *****. If he does take it go to the track with a friend filming and make him look like a fool. And if he puts down $100 and then bails you just made $100 and he looks like an idiot.
auto is faster no doubt.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:45 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Less than 3k a year, if it were mine I wouldn't be able to swing that. I would bust that the first month. That interior matchs the car perfectly. Love the car hope it works out in your favor when he's ready to let it go.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
auto is faster no doubt.
6spd manual are fun but auto ftw!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2013 mustang