2012 GT test drive 2day - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:43 PM   #1

2012 GT test drive 2day

Thats right peeps................i finally got to bangor, me and dropped off the wife and went to the local dealership......of course.... when the salesperson pulled the mustang around front RED was the color choice......VERY HOT indeed......but this is where i feel that this test drive went a little south for me......
...... last month i tested a 2012 V-6 ..
...when i got into the gas and shifted......the V-6 had great takeoff ....hit 40 and was only in second gear... when i hit the gas with the V-8 GT .....the takeoff was NOT THERE AT ALL...... salesperson said that the gear/transmission set up was different.......
.......................please dont get me wrong.......i had a BLAST driving the pony today...but i personally LEANING more toward the V-6 then the V-8........so in very few words...................I WAS A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
This has to be a troll post. Coyote mustangs could miss two gears and still beat the v6 in a race.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
And it looks like a three year old posted it.........
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Even if the V6 you test drove had 4.10 gears and the GT had the stock 3.55s, the GT should have pulled a lot harder. I test drove both a 2012 V6 and V8, and stock for stock, there is a huge difference in power between the two.

Sent from the future.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
Old 04-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Lol do you know how to drive? I'm leaning towards that this is a troll post, to start a *****ing thread.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 04-12-2014, 05:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

This whole forum is headed that way apparently. A few months ago I decided to delete the app and quit coming on here and then one day I decided to just look again and see how things were. It's only gotten worse. And I still think that posters in the 11-14 section should be required to have proof of ownership.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
This whole forum is headed that way apparently. A few months ago I decided to delete the app and quit coming on here and then one day I decided to just look again and see how things were. It's only gotten worse. And I still think that posters in the 11-14 section should be required to have proof of ownership.
I only post on here so much because its one of the only forums that isn't blocked at work. Don't get me wrong, I WORK at work, but I work at a desk so I can pop over for a minute or two when its slow or I just need to distract myself for a min. But yeah... this is probably the most technically inept forum I've belonged to. I'm used to ppl who can yank a drivetrain or properly do a power adder install or jet a nitrous system, not ppl who can't properly fill a transmission with fluid...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolberg View Post
Thats right peeps................i finally got to bangor, me and dropped off the wife and went to the local dealership......of course.... when the salesperson pulled the mustang around front RED was the color choice......VERY HOT indeed......but this is where i feel that this test drive went a little south for me......
...... last month i tested a 2012 V-6 ..
...when i got into the gas and shifted......the V-6 had great takeoff ....hit 40 and was only in second gear... when i hit the gas with the V-8 GT .....the takeoff was NOT THERE AT ALL...... salesperson said that the gear/transmission set up was different.......
.......................please dont get me wrong.......i had a BLAST driving the pony today...but i personally LEANING more toward the V-6 then the V-8........so in very few words...................I WAS A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED
Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 04-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I like that idea.

Also the way the mods review things needs to change. I understand AM being a sponsor on here. But In all honestly they need to stop, recommending and telling people, certain mods work and are good buys. Some people are gullible on here, and will believe Everything AM will feed them.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #10

WTF. A troll post/3 year old I didn't write this in crayon. Some ppl are just plain MORONS. Seems like every time there is a LETS BASH POSTS well do I have to say more. Or do you need a crayon to post a reply
Old 04-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Lol this forum is just a joke these days. It's sad how down hill it's gone
Old 04-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #12

Region: Florida
LOL
Old 04-12-2014, 11:12 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

2012 GT test drive 2day

wut? Lolz I don't like crayons because I can't stay in the lines.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Omg, You guys are killing me. This crap is funny as heck. Ba ha ha ha !
Old 04-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I like that idea.

Also the way the mods review things needs to change. I understand AM being a sponsor on here. But In all honestly they need to stop, recommending and telling people, certain mods work and are good buys. Some people are gullible on here, and will believe Everything AM will feed them.

I honestly feel if someone is just going to eat up anything AM tells them that's their own damn fault. Yes some ppl are gullible or new or both but there is this thing called google. I always bump anything I'm looking to buy against multiple forums to get an idea if its a quality product or not. My recent wheel/tire purchase did give me a few really good laughs when looking at the canned AM combos though. 275 on the front and a 285 on the rear in a staggered combo or a S197 combo with the front tire 1/2" taller than the rear?

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:23 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I'm busting a gut laughing so hard!
Old 04-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolberg View Post
WTF. A troll post/3 year old I didn't write this in crayon. Some ppl are just plain MORONS. Seems like every time there is a LETS BASH POSTS well do I have to say more. Or do you need a crayon to post a reply
You test drove a Coyote and a V6 and you think the V6 is faster and you are calling OTHER ppl morons??

Old 04-13-2014, 09:21 AM   #18

I didn't say it was faster. I said that I felt a better launch leaving 1st gear
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2012 gt