Extended warranty - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Extended warranty

Hi guys,

I have an extended warranty that I purchased with the car but since I am starting to mod the car I no longer want the ESP or at least not for now.

My car still have the factory 36K since I just purchased it like 3 months ago.

How can I cancel the warranty?
Where does the warranty money goes to? To my car debt or a check to me?

Any help will be appreciate

Thanks guys
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 07:47 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
They will cut you a check if you cancel your warranty just give them a call they should have no problem with it.. Thats what i did and i got a check for more mods.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yay awesome .

Thank you so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

No problem bro.. Have a good one.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
They will cut you a check if you cancel your warranty just give them a call they should have no problem with it.. Thats what i did and i got a check for more mods.
I just tried this and they said they could only take it off the end of the loan.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
I just tried this and they said they could only take it off the end of the loan.
Really interesting, in my situation they didnt give me any problem at all i dont know if its different in every dealership.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

There may be a way I can have them take off the warranty and then add some Ford parts in place of it, or have the loan rewritten to lower the payments, but I'll have to talk to them about it.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Who did you speak too? I spoke to the finance guy itself and it was fine, dont talk to the salesperson cos they have no idea about it..
Old 04-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I'm fairly certain it was one of the finance guys. But when I told him I plan to eventually void the warranty, so I may as well cancel it, he tried selling me the idea of trading up to a used RS3 or GT500.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #10
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
3 months old and needing more mod $......

Repeat after me "Hi, my name is Mud and I'm an addict"
Old 04-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Theyll get you into something.. Good luck hopefully youll get it, which i know your supposed to get them since you paid for them and dont use them anymore.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Question, i talked to ford customer service over the phone and the guy told to go to my dealer and that they will tell me how much money they will return.

What does he mean by how much? I havent use the warranty! This car is only 3 months old and i paid 2450 for up to 100K warranty. Any advise pls?

Thanks
Old 04-23-2014, 08:20 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
Question, i talked to ford customer service over the phone and the guy told to go to my dealer and that they will tell me how much money they will return.

What does he mean by how much? I havent use the warranty! This car is only 3 months old and i paid 2450 for up to 100K warranty. Any advise pls?

Thanks

They are talking about proration so basically they will subtract those 3 months that you used for the warranty and youll get the rest, i dont know how much percentage theyll take out though its up with your warranty, you should get most of it since its only 3 months.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Whattttttt!!!!!! Wtfffffffffff. I am still on my origanal warranty!!! The one that came with the car how that f. Are they gonna take money for something that comes in effect after my warranty expires?

Thanks but oh man if that is true F ford will hear me!! Because that is BS
Old 04-23-2014, 09:59 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Whattttttt!!!!!! Wtfffffffffff. I am still on my origanal warranty!!! The one that came with the car how that f. Are they gonna take money for something that comes in effect after my warranty expires? Thanks but oh man if that is true F ford will hear me!! Because that is BS
It's true! I've cancelled warranties on my precious mustangs 1 was totaled & the other I traded in. Both had less than 1 year & I was prorated for the amount of time I had them!
Old 04-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I call that BS. And I tough ford was different. I guess i was wrong.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:03 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I call that BS. And I tough ford was different. I guess i was wrong.
I think it's because u've already been paying for it there not gonna give u that money back! But yes it's pretty dumb!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

What do you mean?

I had an altima and my extended warranty only went active when my factory warranty expired and i could cancel at anytime without having to pay nothing.

What ford is doing is terrible wrong! They are basically charging you money for the factory warranty.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What do you mean? I had an altima and my extended warranty only went active when my factory warranty expired and i could cancel at anytime without having to pay nothing. What ford is doing is terrible wrong! They are basically charging you money for the factory warranty.
Basically u already bought the warranty so it's "active" even though ur factory one is still in place. & if u try & buy the warranty right before the factory warranty goes out they charge u double. But I agree with u it's stupid!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:12 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Really interesting, in my situation they didnt give me any problem at all i dont know if its different in every dealership.
Did you fiancé the warranty along with your car?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Whattttttt!!!!!! Wtfffffffffff. I am still on my origanal warranty!!! The one that came with the car how that f. Are they gonna take money for something that comes in effect after my warranty expires?

What does it say in your contract? This is just like buying a warranty on a new television. The extended warranty starts at the time you get your television delivered. It cancels out the original warranty and you lose a year off of the four year contract.

Ford is shaking in their boots.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #22
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:

You signed the contract, with the extended warranty cost financed into the deal I'm assuming, but did not ask how the extended warranty works?

Ford has nothing to do with this. The dealer sells warranty's from independent firms, just like they will finance through banks if Ford credit does not approve you. The higher the interest they can get you to agree to, the more money the dealership gets kicked back to them. Extended warranty's are included in this.

In any event, it's not Ford's fault. It's your responsibility to ask questions pertaining to the fine print of a contract. Most of us have been there, and learned from it. Next time you buy anything, make sure you know the details of what you're buying. A house is even more complicating.

Let the buyer beware.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Yes it was financed into the deal and yes i did ask and like always the said yes you can cancel before the 36k warranty expires and there wont be any fees.

So the warranty we buy from the dealer is not from ford? I ask because all the advertisement they do is ford esp abd everywhere you look the warranty says ford.

And no i didnt red the contract and i disnt because all of my previus cars with hyundai, nissan and honda had have extended warranty and the warranty was only for after the factory warranty.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

My extended warranty was financed into the loan
and when my car was in service for 3 weeks for ticking issues
I was given a rental for that period through the dealer
it was a Ford Focus that rents for $40 a day (their rate)

So if you do the math that's $280 a week x 3 weeks
almost $900 including taxes

Had I not had the extended, the dealer said they would still fix my car
But No loaner.

4 more years left if it needs to go back in
and they pay for the rental vehicle.

Not too bad of a deal ?
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes it was financed into the deal and yes i did ask and like always the said yes you can cancel before the 36k warranty expires and there wont be any fees.

So the warranty we buy from the dealer is not from ford? I ask because all the advertisement they do is ford esp abd everywhere you look the warranty says ford.

And no i didnt red the contract and i disnt because all of my previus cars with hyundai, nissan and honda had have extended warranty and the warranty was only for after the factory warranty.
Just like all those in Congress and the Senate, they all VOTED for the ObamaFail without reading it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion