Mustang vs. Children - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:14 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Honestly, even when my 5'3 wife rides with us she has room. That booster is bulky too, honestly the way she is situated in that car I'm thinking of just ditching the booster because when she sits on just the seat the belt goes right where it is supposed to. I'd need to make sure she'd be safe like that though. Would give her a ton more legroom.

Ha! Funny! I'm reading this and it sounds like your wife is sitting in a booster seat! I think your kidding, right? Or am I reading it wrong? I just woke up, maybe my brain is still asleep!
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2014, 08:08 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Ha! Funny! I'm reading this and it sounds like your wife is sitting in a booster seat! I think your kidding, right? Or am I reading it wrong? I just woke up, maybe my brain is still asleep!

He's saying that even when his wife rides in the passenger seat, there's still room in the back for his daughter and booster seat! LOL!
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:16 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
He's saying that even when his wife rides in the passenger seat, there's still room in the back for his daughter and booster seat! LOL!

Yeah, after I was up for a little while and thought about it, I figured it out. Just picture that, though! Too funny! He was talking about her being 5' 3", I thought he was kidding that she needed a booster seat! Ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Lmao. No, my 5'3 wife in the passenger seat and my kid behind her.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:07 AM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I too have friends who have all sold their playtoys. Personally we will still be a 3 stang family with 1 or 2 normal dd's. You don't have to give up everything.

Sent from my massive johnson.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
note to self : Pinch at top before rolling it down
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #42
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Or pull out?
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao. No, my 5'3 wife in the passenger seat and my kid behind her.
Did you show this to her? She will probably get a big kick out of it!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #44
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
I don't have kids but u do haul my siblings around ALOT.. 4, 7, AND 10 they all love it and I don't mined the extra min getting them in and out.. I don't have much of a choice ether just my 2001 the girls 2003 or the 91 notch..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Or pull out?
Its like basketball .. you dribble before you shoot.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Its Just until the Child turns 8 years old, or
Child weighs 36 kg (80 lb.), or
Child is 145 cm (4´ 9˝) tall or more

then they can sit up front and its all good
Old 04-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #47
Staff
Regular
Staff

Or just rip out the waste that is the airbag. I'm sorry I'm very anti airbag especially after the burns and all the crap that got shot into my father's eyes when he was in his accident a few years ago. He was wearing his seatbelt and the airbag literally did nothing but more harm.

But as for this topic, you can pretty much be fine until they hit 10-12 unless you have a freakishly tall kid. My wife's cousin is 14 and we took her somewhere in it and she was fine. She's hitting the 5 foot mark now I think or right around there.

And yeah, you don't have to sell the toys unless you need the money to furnish a nursery or something and I've found that most of the time the mom to be gets everything at the baby shower anyway. Unless the stang is your only car anyway, because a rear racing carseat in one is a no-go. At least in anything before 2005 although I doubt a rear facing seat would fit in there either.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Unhappy Man Up and Car Down.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
So, the Mrs. is 4 months pregnant and reality is starting to set in. I've been window shopping 4-Door vehicles and it's making me sick to my stomach. My last 3 cars have all been mustangs. It's been well over 10yrs since I rolled in anything that's not a Mustang. So, you can imagine my hesitation/unwillingness to easily part ways.

Now everything I'm willing to tolerate as my daily driver is more than I would like to spend a month and I'm not willing to emasculate my daily driving experience to the point of depression. Yes, somewhat selfish. But I'm serious and at the end of the day a happy home is the most important. Plus the Mrs. is a banker and spending more on a car switch that I've been in a little over a year is ridiculous spending to her.

So here is the real question for the Mustang owning parents. At what age is it not practical to have your child in the back seat in a car seat. I understand it can be cramped getting in and out, but that's something I can deal with. I'm a firefighter on 24 shifts, so having to get my kid in and out on a daily basis will never be an issue. So when people talk about how unpractical it is, does that have to do with it being the main family car, or just being annoyed by the lack of backseat space as the child gets older. We are a two vehicle family with the Mrs. in a 2012 Camry

Preach to me!!!!!!
This is a No Brainer. First time your wife has to borrow your Mustang because her car is in the shop.....She will be THANKING you many times while she tries to put your child in the back seat.

Put your ego in check and do the right thing. Either buy a decent four door vehicle and keep the Mustang. Otherwise sell the Mustang and buy a Nicer four door.

This is called sacrificing for your family. Otherwise, after the divorce papers are served, you will be getting a really run down vehicle, so you can pay alimony, child support, house support (for a house that you don't get to live in anymore), etc.....

"I'm not willing to emasculate my daily driving experience to the point of depression."

YOU were EMASCULATED the day you said; "I DO!"
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #49
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
This is a No Brainer. First time your wife has to borrow your Mustang because her car is in the shop.....She will be THANKING you many times while she tries to put your child in the back seat.

Put your ego in check and do the right thing. Either buy a decent four door vehicle and keep the Mustang. Otherwise sell the Mustang and buy a Nicer four door.

This is called sacrificing for your family. Otherwise, after the divorce papers are served, you will be getting a really run down vehicle, so you can pay alimony, child support, house support (for a house that you don't get to live in anymore), etc.....

"I'm not willing to emasculate my daily driving experience to the point of depression."

Wow dude that was deep. I just got engaged lol thanks for the scare
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #50
Staff
Regular
Staff

Like I said, if the stang is your only car it has to go if you have a kid just for safety reasons. But if not the only car just take her car when you go places with the kid.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:51 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Like I said, if the stang is your only car it has to go if you have a kid just for safety reasons. But if not the only car just take her car when you go places with the kid.

+1

How many married couples only have one car nowadays anyway?
Old 04-26-2014, 09:55 PM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:

Lol. I take it someone had a bad experience in the past.

My wife wanted to sell her gt and I told her it wasn't gonna happen.

Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #53
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Me, my wife, and 9 year old daughter all 3 get around just fine in the shelby. If we need more room or have more people going, we take her Ford edge. Big bubbles, little troubles. Keep the pony.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

Had the Mustang before the wife!.. Now 5 years and two kids later I still have that Mustang, even added another to the stable!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:11 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

For safety reasons?!?... Total BS!!... But what ever dude!.. Lol
Old 04-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

This here bro!.. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1398572021.999379.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	155143
Old 04-26-2014, 11:20 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

This is the OP's interior... Note the leg room in the back seat HAH..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	user33696_pic27528_1365567144.png
Views:	78
Size:	472.2 KB
ID:	155146  
Old 04-26-2014, 11:21 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Me, my wife, and 9 year old daughter all 3 get around just fine in the shelby. If we need more room or have more people going, we take her Ford edge. Big bubbles, little troubles. Keep the pony.

You missed the point with your analysis Ubngit. He will have a newborn. Pretty sure he or she will need a little help in getting into the baby seat. If he had a nine year old daughter, she could get in by herself. Not the wife having to bend over, holding up the seat and leaning to get the child into the baby seat.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:27 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Lol. I take it someone had a bad experience in the past.

My wife wanted to sell her gt and I told her it wasn't gonna happen.

Not me. I still have my house and no alimony. I do however have a couple of friends that no longer have sport cars.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:27 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

^ read what you just wrote... how is that even an issue... its really not a difficult task to put a child in a car seat in the back.. lol I am sure she is physically capable.. Its like a couple minute task lol my god.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #61
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
For safety reasons?!?... Total BS!!... But what ever dude!.. Lol
Wow... talking about not being able to fit a rear facing carseat in the back of a Mustang. Which you can't do. At least not in a fox/SN95. I drive my 5 year old to pre-school every day its nice out in my 98 because the booster fits fine.

So yes, safety reasons if you have an infant who needs a rear facing seat and you only have a Mustang.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:11 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow... talking about not being able to fit a rear facing carseat in the back of a Mustang. Which you can't do. At least not in a fox/SN95. I drive my 5 year old to pre-school every day its nice out in my 98 because the booster fits fine.

So yes, safety reasons if you have an infant who needs a rear facing seat and you only have a Mustang.

Me and my wife did it with both kids!..
Old 04-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #63
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol please post pics. I barely fit a good rear facing seat in my old SVT Contour which was a 4 door with something resembling legroom. 0 way in hell it would work in a 94-04. Maybe a S197 and if it does then go for it.

Note, as soon as you can flip the seats around so they are facing the right way it is not an issue anymore.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol please post pics. I barely fit a good rear facing seat in my old SVT Contour which was a 4 door with something resembling legroom. 0 way in hell it would work in a 94-04. Maybe a S197 and if it does then go for it.

Note, as soon as you can flip the seats around so they are facing the right way it is not an issue anymore.

Lol. Clearly you've never tried!.. Plus I never said it was an easy fit, just not impossible like you keep saying!.. By the way, last I checked a Ford Contour is not a Ford Mustang!.. So why even com pair the two?...

And ya I'm sure your now going to come back with, "I've actually did try to fit one in my Mustang!.. And there's no way you did because it just won't fit!.." Or something along those lines!.. Don't bother!.. Your argument is invalid!.. I've done it twice!..
Old 04-27-2014, 11:21 PM   #65
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Alright guys cool off. No need to argue of car seats..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:24 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Alright guys cool off. No need to argue of car seats..

My daughters car seat in the wife's Mustang is all pink!.. Both kids car seats in mine are styled by Sparco!.. Lol.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:57 AM   #67
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
You missed the point with your analysis Ubngit. He will have a newborn. Pretty sure he or she will need a little help in getting into the baby seat. If he had a nine year old daughter, she could get in by herself. Not the wife having to bend over, holding up the seat and leaning to get the child into the baby seat.
Sorry for you missing my analogy sir. My daughter wasn't born at 9. She was an infant in a car seat being placed in the back of a 97 cobra. If OP likes his car enough, he can make it work. If not, trade it for a station Wagon.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #68
Staff
Regular
Staff

I did try to put the rear facing Graco and Britax setups we had in my 95 Cobra (same as my 98) just for giggles when I had it. If I folded the front seat forward it would fit and that's it. YMMV with a different seat I guess. I was not about to have the airbag go off in an accident and fling the seat right into my kid's head if I left it leaning forward like that.

But the point is moot because I'm not sure who the hell has a single Mustang as their only car if they have a family anyway lol.

edit: And I compared the CSVT to the Mustang because the CSVT had more room and DID fit the rear facing seats although just barely.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #69

I converted an 89 turbo rx-7 to a 2+2 so I could haul my little kids around, then a civic hatch for many years, and my two kids are always with me. They were psyched when I bought a beater pilot for this winter, very glad I did, but now my son, almost 13, wants to ride in the 'cool' cars to soccer practice. People in Europe drive tiny cars and have children, its harder, but so worth it. I want a mustang because I want a BIGGER car for my kids to ride in more comfortably. More than two kids would be a pain. Buy a beater, use the Camry, or start yoga.
rotaryjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #70
Staff
Regular
Staff

I can attest to the size of European vehicles. $10/gallon equivalent will do that...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion