Mustang vs. Children - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2015, 06:17 PM   #141
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
What I couldn't imagine is telling my kids they can't ride in the car. That would be a dbag move. The car seat is not that hard, I don't have to crawl in to back seat, I just pull seat forward reach in and make sure she's fastened in car seat. Really not that hard. when we need more space we take the wife's Camry. Besides I'm not too cool to rock a car seat, it's part of being a parent. The important thing is the kids and wife love the car too and enjoy it as much as I do when we take it out. Honestly I drive alone 90% of the time anyway.
My son is one month and one week old at this post, so he has a ways to go where he would even remember it, so I don't have to worry about it. I would like to build the anticipation anyhow when he is old enough. The non-dbag thing to do would be what my plans are and that is get another 5.0 in the future (or gt500 for me) so when he is 18 and if his attitude is right and he earns it not knowing it's going to happen, give him a 5.0.

Till then however, I will be trying to pay this 5.0 off and then finance an evox for my daily to replace my tundra (maybe, still undecided), then work on the other plan. He would love riding in the evo. This may be a mustang forum, but the evox with an fpred and full boltons is a fun car and the equivalent to a Bolton 5.0 from a roll, but with 4 doors.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2015, 06:19 PM   #142
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
This is stupid. I will not put my daughters in my car while they are under 5. It's not safe.
For countless reasons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I agree, thanks.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
HAHAHAHAH i have the no fart rule too, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2015, 12:06 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
My son is one month and one week old at this post, so he has a ways to go where he would even remember it, so I don't have to worry about it. I would like to build the anticipation anyhow when he is old enough. The non-dbag thing to do would be what my plans are and that is get another 5.0 in the future (or gt500 for me) so when he is 18 and if his attitude is right and he earns it not knowing it's going to happen, give him a 5.0.

Till then however, I will be trying to pay this 5.0 off and then finance an evox for my daily to replace my tundra (maybe, still undecided), then work on the other plan. He would love riding in the evo. This may be a mustang forum, but the evox with an fpred and full boltons is a fun car and the equivalent to a Bolton 5.0 from a roll, but with 4 doors.
That's a good plan, your child will thank you for that.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:05 AM   #145
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
It's great to see a thread started that contains opinions from all angles, and the posts have been respectful to all that have participated.

Thanks for keeping it this way. We all gain from it.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:50 AM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is stupid. I will not put my daughters in my car while they are under 5. It's not safe.
For countless reasons.

I got the car last year when she was 4, so she was already in a booster type car seat forward facing. Not sure how I would feel about it with a newborn and had one of those car seats you remove with the baby still strapped in. Probably would be a no go for me. But as she is now i feel good with her back there.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:44 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
It's not the power or speed or anything like that. On a side note I also don't let anyone in the car with me when I do "spirited driving"

I have seen how these cars look after a rollover. That's why I do not like kids in mustangs.

Cage it. Keep in mind you're putting their dad in that car and they cant do anything about it. Either way its not like a damn 1000CC sport bike death trap on public roads. The reason I got into cars is because they are safe lol.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:55 AM   #148
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Florida
I have a tacoma, and the wife has a mustang. The tacoma will be fine for the family vehicle, just the wife will be driving that while the kid is young.

muhahhaha
Old 06-07-2015, 09:58 AM   #149
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
Cage it. Keep in mind you're putting their dad in that car and they cant do anything about it. Either way its not like a damn 1000CC sport bike death trap on public roads. The reason I got into cars is because they are safe lol.
Something we can agree on there. Car pushing 1000hp... I'd probably cage it too. As far as the bikes. I would love a bike, I would no way in hell ever own a sport bike especially not in NJ.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:05 PM   #150
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
My dad had his 88 GT when I was around 1 or 2. My car seat was in the back seat, I don't remember being in it all too much since I was really young. But I can tell you if I was in the car when he hydroplaned and rolled in the rain I wouldn't be here. Everything flattened except driver area.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:16 PM   #151
Road Trip!
Regular

https://youtu.be/3LSAuGFxLXE
Phoenix for the win

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:19 PM   #152
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
A lot of people do that around here. I am 100 percent not above following them and calling the police
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:59 PM   #153
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
A lot of people do that around here. I am 100 percent not above following them and calling the police
I agree. I don't know what's wrong with our society anymore. Who would think that's ok?
Old 06-07-2015, 07:01 PM   #154
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Mustang vs. Children

Wow, yeah that's an accident waiting to happen...
Idiots probably drunk.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:03 PM   #155
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Wow, yeah that's an accident waiting to happen...
Idiots probably drunk.

Adventure till you drop
"Sorry officer, I was trying to do the right thing and have a dd" lol
Old 06-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #156
Road Trip!
Regular

That street gets super packed during rush hour since its so close to central

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:53 PM   #157
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
It's been really crowded here lately. I think it's because our local army base just a huge amount of soldiers back for the Middle East. So, our roads are packed. Have them back is awesome, but it's getting a little crowded for the roads we have (we need bigger roads!). Which the stupid government wants to cut the base's forces in half. Pisses me off.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:00 PM   #158
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
It's been really crowded here lately. I think it's because our local army base just a huge amount of soldiers back for the Middle East. So, our roads are packed. Have them back is awesome, but it's getting a little crowded for the roads we have (we need bigger roads!). Which the stupid government wants to cut the base's forces in half. Pisses me off.

Adventure till you drop
Isn't it wonderful to cut defense budget, while increasing social programs, aid for foreign countries, and no border control; all the while China grabs more manufacturing from the US and increases their military? Amazing thinking US.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion